hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Juice

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t beat a red kola, barrs cream soda and pineappleade is quality too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used to love their pineappleade, but I think they’ve changed the recipe since the sugar tax, not as good any more

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not sure where about in Narnia it was that you were, but if it was the Derry/Strabane are then the next time you’re over you need to try McDaids Football Special. It looks like those cheap juices you see in corner shops here, or something you’d get in a high school canteen. However, it’s proper tasty. Made in Donegal I believe (poster Donegal Hibby can confirm?)

Funnily enough I was in both. Strabane for a wedding before heading north via Derry. Never came across McDaids but will look out for it in Larne when back over for Christmas

After reading the thread I decided to buy a glass bottle irn bru to sit out and enjoy the sunshine with. Its been a while and have to sa......................now I remember why. Stuff is horrible. When I'm in Scotland it's full fat/sugar coke all the way. I did manage to grow a beer belly though drinking the stuff during lockdown so have cut back a bit.

Barr's Cream Soda, love it, chuck in a scoop or 2 of vanilla ice cream, heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Funnily enough I was in both. Strabane for a wedding before heading north via Derry. Never came across McDaids but will look out for it in Larne when back over for Christmas
    Might not get it that far east but I’m not sure, only really spend a day in Belfast/Bangor/Larne etc at a time. Will defo be able to get it in corner shops and Centra’s in Derry though. Especially on main streets like the Strand Road. I can’t recommend it enough tbh, tastes like victory.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I love their Cherryade
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I used to love their pineappleade, but I think they’ve changed the recipe since the sugar tax, not as good any more
    Pre covid my mate and I started an office Tuck Shop as everyone was moaning about the staff restaurant prices for snacks and juice. It started as a Scottish produce only venture and we stocked all the different Barrs juice flavours. After Irn Bru, Limeade was the top seller!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Pre covid my mate and I started an office Tuck Shop as everyone was moaning about the staff restaurant prices for snacks and juice. It started as a Scottish produce only venture and we stocked all the different Barrs juice flavours. After Irn Bru, Limeade was the top seller!
    We had an honesty box tuck shop, everything was priced and a money box was there to put your money in. In an office of only twelve of us, the cash was always short so I scrapped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    We had an honesty box tuck shop, everything was priced and a money box was there to put your money in. In an office of only twelve of us, the cash was always short so I scrapped it.
    Yeah ours was similar with honestly box set up.

Although one of us was usually in proximity when folk were buying stuff but there were defintely some dodgy goings on from one or two individuals who weren't entirely honest with the whole thing. Mad that some people are like that

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Yeah ours was similar with honestly box set up.

Although one of us was usually in proximity when folk were buying stuff but there were defintely some dodgy goings on from one or two individuals who weren't entirely honest with the whole thing. Mad that some people are like that

And usually the first ones to complain that it’s been stopped, or when it’s still there, that certain options aren’t available now as there’s not enough money to replenish

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    And usually the first ones to complain that it’s been stopped, or when it’s still there, that certain options aren’t available now as there’s not enough money to replenish

It was actually mad the mumps and moans we got in general when we hadnt had time to restock it. We were doing it out of our own time and effort going to buy stuff on lunch breaks etc, its as if people thought we were a real retailer

Maybe a sign that they liked what we were doing

First Team Breakthrough Sloop67's Avatar
    Middlemas's Jivaro orange