hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Given some of the eyewatering performances from some of the 'pros' in the team, I'd've loved to see some of the youngsters coming through! At the very least they would be trying their all for the us. We need to get back to identity where we see players coming through not just unknowns fitted into our team. Makes me shudder thinking about the amount of p**s and soft as s**t players we have added in the last few years!
    Last edited by MrSmith; 31-05-2023 at 10:21 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Interesting, if the club were offering a contract purely to get the development fee we needn't have announced it. I'd say we're offering him a deal to stay.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting, if the club were offering a contract purely to get the development fee we needn't have announced it. I'd say we're offering him a deal to stay.
    That was my hopeful take on it, but that is mostly because I want him to stay rather than any knowledge I have of teh situation

It'll just be the protocol for compensation, a deal has to be offered and turned down to get money for him.

A bit deflating thinking a year or so ago seemed we had some cracking young forwards coming through the youth set up in Laidlaw, Young and O'Connor. Not suggesting any of them would or wouldn't be good enough for 1st team, was just good to have a buzz of anticipation. Hope we see some more of the youngsters next year

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    It'll just be the protocol for compensation, a deal has to be offered and turned down to get money for him.

A bit deflating thinking a year or so ago seemed we had some cracking young forwards coming through the youth set up in Laidlaw, Young and O'Connor. Not suggesting any of them would or wouldn't be good enough for 1st team, was just good to have a buzz of anticipation. Hope we see some more of the youngsters next year
    Yes it does, but if it was a taken gesture in order to get the dev fee why announce it to the world? It would just be getting peoples hopes up that he might stay.

My suspicion is we've offered him improved terms to try and get him to stick around.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Given some of the eyewatering performances from some of the 'pros' in the team, I'd've loved to see some of the youngsters coming through! At the very least they would be trying their all for the us. We need to get back to identity where we see players coming through not just journeymen and unknowns fitted into our team. Makes me shudder thinking about the amount of p**s and soft as s**t players we have added in the last few years!
    We were second for most fouls committed in the league this season. We have been criticised for signing too many young players so your journeymen comment is way off too IMO.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    We were second for most fouls committed in the league this season. We have been criticised for signing too many young players so your journeymen comment is way off too IMO.
    it is a that and edited post.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post

Pretty sure he's already been offered a deal but knocked it back, this will be an improved one to try and keep him.

Yes it does, but if it was a taken gesture in order to get the dev fee why announce it to the world? It would just be getting peoples hopes up that he might stay.

My suspicion is we've offered him improved terms to try and get him to stick around.
    Ah okay, hope you're right then and there's a chance he reconsiders

Hmmm interesting development in the Laidlaw situation.

Not getting my hopes up that he will commit himself to the club and will just wait and see.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Maybe we've guaranteed him some game time if he stays. Won't be getting that at Watford any time soon.

Doesn't this smack a bit of "so you're telling me there's a chance?"

He's gone. We need to offer him something to scrape a few quid out of Watford. That's the end of it.

Surely?

Article i read saying Laidlaw close to completing his move to Watford with a fee around £250,000 agreed.
    It's not a bad amount of money imo .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Article i read saying Laidlaw close to completing his move to Watford with a fee around £250,000 agreed.
    We are due a development fee only, as he’s now out of contract, but was offered a contract, generally these are based on how many years he’s been at the club..
    I would imagine this figure, would be no we’re near £250,000.
    Scottish football Journalism is lazy, i think this figure was being banneded about, when he was still under contract.😞
    Last edited by HIBS NUTS; 01-06-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post

Im struggling to get my head around how we can get that for an 18 year old striker who has been nowhere near the first team. Surely if he was that decent at that age he'd be on the bench at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Im struggling to get my head around how we can get that for an 18 year old striker who has been nowhere near the first team. Surely if he was that decent at that age he'd be on the bench at least?
    Small change for clubs down there. Probably the equivalent to us paying 25k for a young player or less!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    We are due a development fee only, as he’s now out of contract, but was offered a contract, generally these are based on how many years he’s been at the club..
    I would imagine this figure, would be no we’re near £250,000.
    Scottish football Journalism is lazy, i think this figure was being banneded about, when he was still under contract.😞
    The FIFA training compensation calculator suggests €185k which would be about €220k including VAT.

Dun Utd had to pay Rangers £170k + VAT in 2014 for Charlie Telfer who’d only played 22 minutes of League One football for Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Did we not pay a similar fee for Reuben McAllister?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Did we not pay a similar fee for Reuben McAllister?
    I forgot we had him, but aye I remember that was around the fee quoted at the time. He's 17 year old, any chance of him getting any first team football or is he nowhere near ready? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I forgot we had him, but aye I remember that was around the fee quoted at the time. He's 17 year old, any chance of him getting any first team football or is he nowhere near ready? Anyone know?
    Nowere near the first team, he’s still young.👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The FIFA training compensation calculator suggests €185k which would be about €220k including VAT.
    Great information
    thanks.👍🏻
    Is that because he’s been at hibs since a very young age.
    Last edited by HIBS NUTS; 01-06-2023 at 08:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Based purely on looking at him I’d be stunned if he makes an appearance next year. He’s tiny.

Great information
    thanks.👍🏻
    Is that because he’s been at hibs since a very young age.
    That was based on him being at the club since he was 12, has he been with us that long?

He's improved in the 18s but in my opinion he isn't even near the Development team never mind the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Doesn't this smack a bit of "so you're telling me there's a chance?"

He's gone. We need to offer him something to scrape a few quid out of Watford. That's the end of it.

Surely?
    Aye signing a long deal at Watford then going out on loan.

That was based on him being at the club since he was 12, has he been with us that long?
    I think he’s been here even longer than 12.
    i might be wrong. 👍🏻

I think he's been 10 years or more at hibs

I think he’s been here even longer than 12.
    i might be wrong. 👍🏻
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I think he's been 10 years or more at hibs
    👍 thanks. Compensation amounts are calculated based on training from 12th birthday onwards.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Sorry if i've missed something on another thread but what's the news on young Laidlaw?
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money