hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Masters 2023

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Masters 2023

Who we all on? I’ve a strange feeling Max Homa is the man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’m cheering on Patrick Cantlay. Scheffler has to have a great chance too.

I always think Mcilroy is overtipped when the masters comes round, but the way he’s been driving lately will really help his cause

Might have a couple of each way pokes on Ancer and Garcia at 3 figure prices too.

Mcilroy hopefully. 6th player to win all 4. I'd love Woods to defy all logic too.

I wouldnt mind Fleetwood.

As long as its not a Liv player.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Schauffele, Finau and sung-jae IM is who I've backed, and a outsider bet on Theegala

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Burns,Cameron Young, Morikawa, Hatton and Fox are my picks.

Rahm, Scheffler and Koepka are all up there but the odds were too short for me.

As for Rory, nah I'm sorry he's being overhyped and that's not helping his chances.

Great first day, some unbelievable golf played.

For three players to be -7 is quite incredible.

McIlroy and Tiger struggling with the latter just not looking overly mobile.

Outwith the more obvious ones I thought Cameron Young and Sam Burnett looked brilliant.

The possibility of poor weather from here on makes it even more interesting. You feel they had to get good scores today as it might get attritional from here.

The cold may end up being a huge factor, as the course could end up playing very long indeed.

Scheffler to be where he is after barely making a putt has to make him very dangerous.

But if the weather got really bad, Shane Lowry is also lurking in a dangerous position.

Such a good tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The possibility of poor weather from here on makes it even more interesting. You feel they had to get good scores today as it might get attritional from here.

The cold may end up being a huge factor, as the course could end up playing very long indeed.

Scheffler to be where he is after barely making a putt has to make him very dangerous.

But if the weather got really bad, Shane Lowry is also lurking in a dangerous position.

Such a good tournament.
    Agree. I think Scheffler is the most likely winner assuming the putter gets going.

I eventually went for Rahm McIlroy and Scheffler outright and Homa Hovland Spieth Smith Rose and Min Woo Lee e/w. I got a free £10 bet that I placed at odds of 4/1 on either Rahm or McIlroy to win.
    a lot of bets as usual on the masters but rarely do I not at least get my money back. Great viewing so far. Bring the rest of it on.

In the last 12 Masters the winner has been in the Top 10 after day 1.

There has been no back to back winner since Tiger in 2002.

Gutted my Sat night viewing has been curtailed but at least it’ll be extended Sunday night.

Looking forward to tonight's coverage although the two tee start isn't ideal. I'd be surprised if Koepka doesn't finish the job off as he has a good record as a frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Looking forward to tonight's coverage although the two tee start isn't ideal. I'd be surprised if Koepka doesn't finish the job off as he has a good record as a frontrunner.
    He might have chucked it here

This is a brilliant watch.

Terrible putt from Rahm there on the 9th, where he could really have taken charge if he'd holed it.

It's looking pretty wide open now. You have to expect that Rahm will have what it takes, but will he remain cool enough if he is forced to face adversity on the back 9 during the final round at Augusta?

Not my favourite player these days but this has been some performance from Mickelson.

Koepka seems to be imploding. Rahm gets it round amen corner unscathed it’s his.
    Last edited by greenlex; 09-04-2023 at 09:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This is a brilliant watch.

Terrible putt from Rahm there on the 9th, where he could really have taken charge if he'd holed it.

It's looking pretty wide open now. You have to expect that Rahm will have what it takes, but will he remain cool enough if he is forced to face adversity on the back 9 during the final round at Augusta?

Not my favourite player these days but this has been some performance from Mickelson.
    And Spieth…one of the few good guys left in golf that’s not been lured by greed

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    He might have chucked it here
    Not used to 72 holes.

😄