hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar

Penalty rule Change (NHC)

See the IFAB rule that GK now basically have to just stand on their line and react to penalties now, rule change includes

GK cannot delay execution of penalty
    Distract the taker
    'Behaviour that fails to show respect '

And the most absurd one
    GKs cannot touch goalposts & nets

Personally feel this is a disgrace. Keepers already have a disadvantage, they're making it even easier for the takers now.

The last point really annoys me, as a keeper I loved a bit of chat before a pen and the taker usually gave me some back if he scored, but one thing I know ever keeper I played against of with would do is touch the bar. Its almost a habit more than anything else. I also would clean my boots on the post so I could get a decent dive without slipping, I assume this isn't allowed also now?

The governing bodies won't stop until every footballer is a robot and there's no fun left in the game now, this is all because Martinez wound opponents up before pens in the WC and god forbid a keeper has an ounce of success.

Conrad Logan screamed at UTD takers before their pens in the SC, this would also be banned now

2. Log in to remove the advert

It seems like it will be difficult to police but something had to give. Martinez should have been sent off in the WC final but he got away with murder as no ref would ever dismiss a keeper in those circumstances.

Good. Martinez antics were embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good. Martinez antics were embarrassing.
    Agreed. Referees need to cut the crap with players nowadays. Every time there is a penalty you have keepers delaying it being taken and defenders gathering round penalty spots to tear it up before the pen is taken.

Disagree with both points. Keepers aren't expected to save them anyway, they should be allowed gamesmanship to get some sort of ground back.

As I said, under these rules Logan would have been sent off for us during that penalty shootout in the SC semi

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Agreed. Referees need to cut the crap with players nowadays. Every time there is a penalty you have keepers delaying it being taken and defenders gathering round penalty spots to tear it up before the pen is taken.

I don't mind keepers being reeled in a bit, but as far as not even being allowed to touch the bar or post? Surely you can't think that's a good idea?

Would also argue if keepers aren't allowed to do this, takers shouldn't be allowed the stutter run ups or the hop skip run up.

They're already at a huge disadvantage, what do people want, keepers to just stand by the post and watch it go in?

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Would also argue if keepers aren't allowed to do this, takers shouldn't be allowed the stutter run ups or the hop skip run up.

They're already at a huge disadvantage, what do people want, keepers to just stand by the post and watch it go in?
    Why not stuttered run ups? The takers team have had an infringement against them in a presumably goal scoring situation, as long as they don’t actually stop running I don’t mind it at all. It’s meant to be an advantage for the taker, it should be rare for a penalty to be saved. Keepers get away with murder in open play as it is, need reined in when it comes to their carry on at penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also agree with banning the stuttering run up although If anything I think the stuttering hinders the taker

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Why not stuttered run ups? The takers team have had an infringement against them in a presumably goal scoring situation, as long as they don’t actually stop running I don’t mind it at all. It’s meant to be an advantage for the taker, it should be rare for a penalty to be saved. Keepers get away with murder in open play as it is, need reined in when it comes to their carry on at penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stuttering run ups are equally if not more off putting than someone telling you they know where they're going, gamesmanship should be banned on both sides not just one.

The point about its meant to be an advantage when a foul is given is true but not for a penalty shootout.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Conrad Logan screamed at UTD takers before their pens in the SC, this would also be banned now
    I think that was against the rules at the time.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

They'll be putting a 3-piece suite beside to the goals next so the goalie, penalty taker and ref can have a cosy chat after each penalty to reflect on their respective behaviour and the impact it has had on the other person.