Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

0-1, Glasgow City take the lead.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll

They make an awful lot of errors do this hibs side.

Penalty to Glasgow City, saved by Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They make an awful lot of errors do this hibs side.
    A few careless passes. Like watching the men.

They’ve done well to go in only 1-0 down at the break. We certainly can’t be faulted for effort. A bit more self belief and more support for Adams in the second half please.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    They're competing, just lack that calmness GC show.

First Team Breakthrough
    A wee bit like the men , they're missing someone called Boyle up front

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    They're competing, just lack that calmness GC show.
    Yeah. Every hibs player seems to just want to get rid of the ball first time. No putting a foot on the ball and taking a look.

Another penalty to Glasgow City. No complaints about that one.
    Converted, 0-2

A tough shift, some decent defending but we didn’t really lay a glove on GC.
    Next up, Rangers away. There are no easy games.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s a tough gig right now for sure but Dean Gibson doesn’t seem to get any flak for performances which seem to be fine against the lower teams but as said above we don’t “lay a glove” on the bigger teams.

Even Hearts are ahead of us in the league.

I have to say I’ve not been to watch them live this season but I’d hope for better from what I’ve seen on the tele.

We look toothless and the tactics seem to be to stop the opposition rather than showing our talents.

Also our defence is incredibly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    It’s a tough gig right now for sure but Dean Gibson doesn’t seem to get any flak for performances which seem to be fine against the lower teams but as said above we don’t “lay a glove” on the bigger teams.

Even Hearts are ahead of us in the league.

I have to say I’ve not been to watch them live this season but I’d hope for better from what I’ve seen on the tele.

We look toothless and the tactics seem to be to stop the opposition rather than showing our talents.

Also our defence is incredibly slow.
    What you’re really trying to say I think is we are bang average and have gone backwards. I can’t disagree. Whatever the reasons you are delusional to think otherwise. But Hey Ho that’s football. Only 1 way to go.

Hearts now 11 points ahead of Hibs and only 12 points behind Rangers.
    Hibs big post split games will be against part time Partick Thistle who trail us by only 1 point.
    Fortunately for Hibs manager Gibson the Partick manager Brian Graham still has 15 months left on his mens team playing contract. He has done a great job managing Partick Women.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 26-03-2023 at 04:36 PM.

What's happened to our women's team, they seem to have fallen backwards pretty badly in the last season or 2.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    hearts now 11 points clear in 4th, we have a chance to gain 12 points in our games x2 v Partick and x2 v Hearts, i don't think we will pick up any points in the games v the top three

hopefully our rivals next year will not just be between us and Partick/Motherwell/Spartans

todays results

Partick 0 Hearts 1
    Hamilton 1 Motherwell 4
    Dundee Utd 0 Spartans 1
    Glasgow Women 1 Aberdeen 3

Rangers v Celtic tomorrow night on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What's happened to our women's team, they seem to have fallen backwards pretty badly in the last season or 2.
    Other teams have just improved. The best talent no longer comes to Hibs unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Other teams have just improved. The best talent no longer comes to Hibs unfortunately.
    Think there is more too it than that. The old firm are growing for sure, but the basic quality of play and player in that hibs side is miles off it. Hibs still have a good structure and profile as a womens club (and a few key injuries)but this side look very poor with a few in there who I thought didn't look remotely up to the league standard.

I'm a big supporter of the women's side and actually asked BK about giving season ticket holders access to the women's games to raise attendances and generate more interest. I used to enjoy watching them, but I suspect they need to look at the scouting and coaching again as we are in danger of going from the country's top side to fodder in record time.

Let's hope they can regroup.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    In a word money.
    It's been introduced to the Womens game in Scotland.
    Rantic have thrown some money at it, James Anderson heavily finances Glasgow City. All full time teams.
    Hearts and Hibs operate a hybrid model with a combination of full and part time players. The other teams are all part timers
    Hibs have brought in lots of players from abroad and down south this season but have struggled with injuries to key players and are probably 9 points short of where they should be.
    It's all shaping up very much like the mens league I'm afraid.
    Look at the club budgets before the season starts and you have a good idea of the order the teams will finish.
    The money of James Anderson looks like it has held off Rantic for another season but it's only a matter of time or Rantic putting a little more money into blowing Glasgow City away.
    P.S. Glasgow City currently have more than double the points Hibs have so we are well short of the best team.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 26-03-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Think there is more too it than that. The old firm are growing for sure, but the basic quality of play and player in that hibs side is miles off it. Hibs still have a good structure and profile as a womens club (and a few key injuries)but this side look very poor with a few in there who I thought didn't look remotely up to the league standard.

I'm a big supporter of the women's side and actually asked BK about giving season ticket holders access to the women's games to raise attendances and generate more interest. I used to enjoy watching them, but I suspect they need to look at the scouting and coaching again as we are in danger of going from the country's top side to fodder in record time.

Let's hope they can regroup.
    As I said the best talent won’t come to us anymore. We are bringing in foreign players who in the main haven’t improved the team at all. I’d rather they went out and signed some of the best young talent that aren’t guaranteed full games at their current clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    In a word money.
    It's been introduced to the Womens game in Scotland.
    Rantic have thrown some money at it, James Anderson heavily finances Glasgow City. All full time teams.
    Hearts and Hibs operate a hybrid model with a combination of full and part time players. The other teams are all part timers
    Hibs have brought in lots of players from abroad and down south this season but have struggled with injuries to key players and are probably 9 points short of where they should be.
    It's all shaping up very much like the mens league I'm afraid.
    Look at the club budgets before the season starts and you have a good idea of the order the teams will finish.
    The money of James Anderson looks like it has held off Rantic for another season but it's only a matter of time or Rantic putting a little more money into blowing Glasgow City away.
    P.S. Glasgow City currently have more than double the points Hibs have so we are well short of the best team.
    Tell me more about James Anderson funding Glasgow City. I thought he just gave them money for the UWCL campaign a few years ago. He also donated to the whole of women football around that time.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Was there not something around about this time a conflict of interest whereby one of Leeann Dempster’s executive appointments was redirecting sponsorship funds meant for Hibs to Glasgow City ?

Might be talking pish!

For Hearts to be 11pts clear of us means that our team and manager are massively underperforming. Serious questions need to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Was there not something around about this time a conflict of interest whereby one of Leeann Dempster’s executive appointments was redirecting sponsorship funds meant for Hibs to Glasgow City ?

Might be talking pish!
    No - but she was the head of Glasgow City at the time. There was no re-directing of funds. Her sponsorship role at Hibs was on the mens side - no input to the womans team.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No - but she was the head of Glasgow City at the time. There was no re-directing of funds. Her sponsorship role at Hibs was on the mens side - no input to the womans team.
    Cool !

👍

Tell me more about James Anderson funding Glasgow City. I thought he just gave them money for the UWCL campaign a few years ago. He also donated to the whole of women football around that time.
    Thanks, a quick search reveals only the UWCL donation a couple of summers ago.
    Looks like I took rubbish someone else wrote as truth re his ongoing support of Glasgow City.
    They must have some amount of sponsorship.
    How are they keeping ahead of Rantic?

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Thanks, a quick search reveals only the UWCL donation a couple of summers ago.
    Looks like I took rubbish someone else wrote as truth re his ongoing support of Glasgow City.
    They must have some amount of sponsorship.
    How are they keeping ahead of Rantic?
    They do have loads of sponsorship and JP Morgan are their "charity partner". The don't pay any bigger salaries than Hibs either. I think they stay ahead as they are completely focused on nothing but Women's football which makes them unique in the league. They are also fully committed at all age groups, and tend to have one or 2 moving up to the first team most seasons. You'd think Rangers will eventually stretch past them.

They do have loads of sponsorship and JP Morgan are their "charity partner". The don't pay any bigger salaries than Hibs either. I think they stay ahead as they are completely focused on nothing but Women's football which makes them unique in the league. They are also fully committed at all age groups, and tend to have one or 2 moving up to the first team most seasons. You'd think Rangers will eventually stretch past them.
    Rantic must both have a better idea now of how much extra money they need to spend to move ahead of Glasgow City.
    Celtic have lots of money so chucking a bit more at the womens team surely won't be a big deal to them.

Celtic just signed another attacker. It’s odd that Hibs haven’t brought in some loans to help until the end of season. Bench was bare at the weekend.

Celtic just signed another attacker. It’s odd that Hibs haven’t brought in some loans to help until the end of season. Bench was bare at the weekend.
    Suspect they have decided it's not worth it given they can't catch Hearts.
    Also a good chance that the budget has been spent.

Katie Lockwood was the last signing I can remember and one of the best.
    I've noticed that a lot of the women play all the year round bouncing between the leagues on short contracts to make a living. Hope Lockwood is signed for more than 6 months.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 28-03-2023 at 10:59 AM.