hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Season Ticket Renewal

I've renewed today after being told I had to by a friend otherwise seat would be released to general sale.

But I've had no email or posted mail from Hibs about this at all. I wasn't even aware until today.

No worries from me as all sorted now but thought very unusual for Hibs not to be communicating directly to ST holders.

Maybe just me?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've renewed today after being told I had to by a friend otherwise seat would be released to general sale.

But I've had no email or posted mail from Hibs about this at all. I wasn't even aware until today.

No worries from me as all sorted now but thought very unusual for Hibs not to be communicating directly to ST holders.

Maybe just me?
    I received at least 2 emails, 14/03 and 17/03 reminding about the seat release deadline. Have you opted out of receiving marketing communications via email?

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Whens the seat release date ?

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    31st March at 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Apparently it’s 31/3 even though the early bird renewal deadline is not until 14th April

Does anyone know if it’s been confirmed that seats will become available to new buyers from 1st April?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Apparently it’s 31/3 even though the early bird renewal deadline is not until 14th April

Does anyone know if it’s been confirmed that seats will become available to new buyers from 1st April?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks

Makes sense but I don’t think the timeline has been very clear. Maybe just me

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Thanks

Makes sense but I don’t think the timeline has been very clear. Maybe just me
    I queried it when the announcement was made and they confirmed the dates. I then asked them why the seat release was 2 weeks before the early bird but I haven't had a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I queried it when the announcement was made and they confirmed the dates. I then asked them why the seat release was 2 weeks before the early bird but I haven't had a response.
    I’ve already renewed so it doesn’t affect me but I think it’s a crazy idea and I think long serving ST holders will be caught out. There’s more chance it will have a negative rather than positive effect on ST renewals in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I’ve already renewed so it doesn’t affect me but I think it’s a crazy idea and I think long serving ST holders will be caught out. There’s more chance it will have a negative rather than positive effect on ST renewals in my opinion.
    Yeah it seems like an unnecessary threat almost, to be honest.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they change the timeline next week again.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Yeah it seems like an unnecessary threat almost, to be honest.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they change the timeline next week again.
    Almost guaranteed there will be an “extension”.

Likewise have renewed but was with the confusion over seat release and early bird I just got it done and dusted.

With the cost of living crisis a good number of us will be spinning plates a bit and folk who have every intention of renewing but waiting till a window that suits, it would be a real shame if someone “lost” their regular seats. There’s a real chance that those people would maybe decide just to not renew.

I’m sure the club will ramp up reminders next week, and you’d like to think that special cases would be accommodated for those who maybe need another week or two to enable them to continue to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I received at least 2 emails, 14/03 and 17/03 reminding about the seat release deadline. Have you opted out of receiving marketing communications via email?
    Yes, I have opted out. But would have thought and expected that my ST renewal would be outside of "marketing communications". A bit like an annual subscription. Very strange.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Don't really see the point in the early bird this year?

From memory, for existing ST holders, the idea of the Early Bird was to get folk to pay their cash into the club early. Now, the seat release date does that instead.

As anyone wanting to keep their existing seat has to renew 2 weeks before it anyways, it's effectively just giving us all a £20 discount.

I suppose it gives potential ST buyers a a wee incentive to buy now but I think the bigger incentive for buying early is to have more choice of the remaining seats instead of saving £20.

I renewed today, but in the past I've left it until the last date possible to secure my seat.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Don't really see the point in the early bird this year?

From memory, for existing ST holders, the idea of the Early Bird was to get folk to pay their cash into the club early. Now, the seat release date does that instead.

As anyone wanting to keep their existing seat has to renew 2 weeks before it anyways, it's effectively just giving us all a £20 discount.

I suppose it gives potential ST buyers a a wee incentive to buy now but I think the bigger incentive for buying early is to have more choice of the remaining seats instead of saving £20.

I renewed today, but in the past I've left it until the last date possible to secure my seat.
    Agreed, the early bird scheme is now pretty pointless given the seat release date. Pretty sure a few will lose their seats amid the confusion of the dates.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Does anyone know Will the available seats, after the deadline, be released on the 1st or held to the Monday?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Is it not just to give those renewing the chance to move seats before general sale and still get the early bird price?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it doesn't sound that outrageous to me.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Is it not just to give those renewing the chance to move seats before general sale and still get the early bird price?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it doesn't sound that outrageous to me.
    You could still buy early bird and move seat the day after early bird. It’s just a way to get the money earlier than the final early bird date. Not really happy with it considering we helped during covid ( didn’t take any refund that was in offer) and the prices have been hiked but as a fan you feel your being taken for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    You could still buy early bird and move seat the day after early bird. It’s just a way to get the money earlier than the final early bird date. Not really happy with it considering we helped during covid ( didn’t take any refund that was in offer) and the prices have been hiked but as a fan you feel your being taken for a ride.
    The reasoning is apparently to make season tickets more attractive to new season ticket holders by giving them a choice of the released seats at the early bird price.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    The reasoning is apparently to make season tickets more attractive to new season ticket holders by giving them a choice of the released seats at the early bird price.
    I can see where your coming from but at the expense of pissing off the faithful fans who buy every season. I don’t think it’s right but only my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I renewed on Saturday too, over the last 8 months or so I had been kidding myself on that I was seriously considering not doing it but when push came to shove Hibs won as always

I can see where your coming from but at the expense of pissing off the faithful fans who buy every season. I don’t think it’s right but only my opinion.
    Agreed, they never seem to worry about the faithful to the extent they don't even bother to explain to us their thinking behind changes.
    An explanation would have helped make folk less pissed off.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    So just to be clear when does the Early Bird discount end ?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    No, I don't feel taken for a ride. Business rates for everything are going through the roof and we're trying to put a better team on the park.

If Hibs had frozen prices given how their costs will have gone up that would have been completely negligent.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Agreed, they never seem to worry about the faithful to the extent they don't even bother to explain to us their thinking behind changes.
    An explanation would have helped make folk less pissed off.
    See your post no.18 giving the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    No, I don't feel taken for a ride. Business rates for everything are going through the roof and we're trying to put a better team on the park.

If Hibs had frozen prices given how their costs will have gone up that would have been completely negligent.
    maybe if we stopped wasting money on crap players we could have frozen the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    See your post no.18 giving the explanation.
    That came from supporter rep Power rather than the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    So just to be clear when does the Early Bird discount end ?
    Found it 14th April ??????

I am a faithful

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Found it 14th April ??????

I am a faithful
    good glad your no a traitor 😂

good glad your no a traitor 😂
    👍

Cannae trust anybody

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    ive renewed via the DD route for the 1st time , usually pay all up front, just a bit concerned about the confirmation email that ive not recieved, allthough it hasnt been the 10 working days they said it might be, its going to be a bit too close to the seat release date for comfort, does anyone know if it usually takes the full 10 days? Thanks