hibs.net Messageboard

Hibernian Supporters AGM

The Hibernian Supporters Limited AGM will take place at the Hibs Club at 7pm on Tuesday 4th April.

In a change from previous AGMs everyone is welcome to attend, members or otherwise, for an update on the last 12 months and an open discussion about what lies ahead.

Huge thanks to the HSA for hosting us again this year. Any questions/issues please email us on info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hibernian Supporters Limited AGM will take place at the Hibs Club at 7pm on Tuesday 4th April.

In a change from previous AGMs everyone is welcome to attend, members or otherwise, for an update on the last 12 months and an open discussion about what lies ahead.

Huge thanks to the HSA for hosting us again this year. Any questions/issues please email us on info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk.
    As Daniel states above we would like to invite all Hibs supporters who have an interest in our Football Club to attend and share their views and thoughts about the future of our Club.
    We as fans are the biggest stakeholders of all so what future do we want.
    Likewise please respond on this thread with your thoughts.

HSL

A reminder the Hibernian Supporters AGM takes place next Tuesday at the Hibs Club, and is open to all fans to attend.

The response to this year’s meeting has been a little muted on here so bringing this back to the forefront of minds ahead of next week.

If we’ve got any chance of being successful we really need the backing and input of members and the wider support, and it’s imperative from our perspective that we use Tuesday’s meeting to come together and chart a positive course for Hibernian Supporters going forward.

Lots of work goes on behind the scenes to keep things moving and we’d love there to be a strong number of fans at Sunnyside next Tuesday to guide that work going forward.

It’s a 7pm start and it would be great to see as many of you as possible there.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    I couldn’t make the meeting last night. Can any attendees provide an update please?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monktonhall 7 View Post
    I couldn’t make the meeting last night. Can any attendees provide an update please?
    It’s next week😀

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s next week😀
    Ah, Cheers for that🙈. Thought it was strange having it the same night as the Scotland game. 😂

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monktonhall 7 View Post
    Ah, Cheers for that🙈. Thought it was strange having it the same night as the Scotland game. 😂

Wee heads up, the HSL AGM is tonight at 7 o'clock Sunnyside...

Glory Glory.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’m heading up there shortly. Interested to hear what’s happening to the monthly payments.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I had planned on going but something's come up. Hopefully a few updates on here later and hopefully something from HSL as well.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member
    Any update?

A huge thanks to everyone who came along to the meeting this evening, and thanks to the Hibs Club - and Big G in particular - for their warm welcome as always.

We reaffirmed our commitment to obtaining a 25.1% shareholding on behalf of supporters to ensure our voice is heard in the short, medium, long term of our club.

A fuller update will be shared later this week but the meeting was positive with wide agreement on our objectives and the direction of travel going forward.

The more members we can retain and more we can encourage to start or resume contributions, the stronger we will be in our ambition of being in a position to reach our 25.1% shareholding goal.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    From my perspective, it was the first time I had attended these things, which meant I had a few questions that the guys gave honest and detailed answers to.

I'm now much clearer on the end goal, and some of the actions to get there.

Short summary of what I took away (some of which folk may know already):

Ron had no intention of selling any more shares to the group and didn't seem to understand its main aim of simply safeguarding the club. No indication if this will change, albeit 1 takeaway of the committee was to see if they can get a meeting with the board.

Official register of Hibs shareholders is a bit of a mess, so almost impossible to approach small shareholders to ask about obtaining their shares. This situation hasn't been challenged due to desire to keep board onside, but understanding is this will change if not sorted and the young Amerocan guy who came along to represent the board agreed to take this away.

Consensus amongst attendees that need to actively push for more members, so watch out for that.

There were a few other things discussed, as it went on for over an hour and a half, so I've not covered everything.

1 thing I would add is from a conversation I had with someone after who suggested a short, snappy title/tagline for the campaign to raise more members and awareness. Something like '25.1'; this being the % of Hibs shares the group are looking to get to.

All in all, the guys did a very good job of answering questions and should be commended for doing all this in their spare time, for no reward. Also, everyone in the room was on the same page in wanting this to succeed.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

I am definitely talking from a weak position here because I'm not sure about this at all. But is it not the case that shortly after taking over RG issued a whole new raft of shares unavailable for purchase by the likes of HSL which significantly diluted HSL's overall shareholding?

If so, what would be stopping that happening again should HSL get close to the 25.1 holding they are looking for? ... Should say 'we' coz I am a member.

@hibs.net private member
    If they flatly say the sons are in it for the long hall and won't be allowing the 25%, is there a plan for what then?

There was talk of an option for peoples money to be able to go straight to the club, was that discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    If they flatly say the sons are in it for the long hall and won't be allowing the 25%, is there a plan for what then?

There was talk of an option for peoples money to be able to go straight to the club, was that discussed?
    33% of the club in the hands of other shareholders. There’s precedent to say the club’s board would have to be comfortable that any blocking of share transfers would need to be in the interests of all shareholders (not just the majority shareholder) - it’d be difficult to argue blocking a transfer of shares from one shareholder willing to part with them to another shareholder willing to receive them would be in the interests of either of those shareholders.

We get requests regularly from fans who’d like to transfer the majority of their shares to Hibernian Supporters to be held in trust on behalf of the support, we get other requests from families of fans who have passed away and would like their relatives’ shares to be transferred to us.

Any share transfers need to be agreed by the club board - it remains to be seen if there’s been any change in the club’s stance to this. There have been shares transferred between family members in the last year, as can be seen in the latest Confirmation Statement - so there would need to be justification as to why it’s only Hibernian Supporters who wouldn’t be allowed to receive shares transferred by other shareholders.

We did some work on the website which would allow supporters to donate to the club if they wanted to following our last AGM. We presented this to the club and it was going to be taken to the board but we’ve heard nothing since.

In reality the days of simply donating to the club for nothing in return are behind us and were only in action as a response to Covid. If supporters really want us to have that facility, 90% of the work is done on our website but it would be entirely separate from membership of Hibernian Supporters and if the club aren’t interested in it then it’d be a waste of time and effort given the admin of anything like that will fall on volunteers.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    33% of the club in the hands of other shareholders. There’s precedent to say the club’s board would have to be comfortable that any blocking of share transfers would need to be in the interests of all shareholders (not just the majority shareholder) - it’d be difficult to argue blocking a transfer of shares from one shareholder willing to part with them to another shareholder willing to receive them would be in the interests of either of those shareholders.

We get requests regularly from fans who’d like to transfer the majority of their shares to Hibernian Supporters to be held in trust on behalf of the support, we get other requests from families of fans who have passed away and would like their relatives’ shares to be transferred to us.

Any share transfers need to be agreed by the club board - it remains to be seen if there’s been any change in the club’s stance to this. There have been shares transferred between family members in the last year, as can be seen in the latest Confirmation Statement - so there would need to be justification as to why it’s only Hibernian Supporters who wouldn’t be allowed to receive shares transferred by other shareholders.

We did some work on the website which would allow supporters to donate to the club if they wanted to following our last AGM. We presented this to the club and it was going to be taken to the board but we’ve heard nothing since.

In reality the days of simply donating to the club for nothing in return are behind us and were only in action as a response to Covid. If supporters really want us to have that facility, 90% of the work is done on our website but it would be entirely separate from membership of Hibernian Supporters and if the club aren’t interested in it then it’d be a waste of time and effort given the admin of anything like that will fall on volunteers.
    Cheers for the reply 👍 All depends on the club then.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I am definitely talking from a weak position here because I'm not sure about this at all. But is it not the case that shortly after taking over RG issued a whole new raft of shares unavailable for purchase by the likes of HSL which significantly diluted HSL's overall shareholding?

If so, what would be stopping that happening again should HSL get close to the 25.1 holding they are looking for? ... Should say 'we' coz I am a member.
    Nae Nookie

No, I don't think that is correct. From memory, the Board approved the issue of new shares back in 2015 and these were available to HSL and ordinary supporters. At the time of the purchase by Bydand Sports there was about £1m worth of shares that were still available and these were bought by Bydand Sports. Yes, we were diluted by this event but as things stand there aren't any more shares being issued by the Club. Such an event would typically be a Rights Issue and we would have the opportunity to preserve our position, but only if we have the funds to do it. That's why it is critical that we now put funds aside to facilitate a future purchase. We have always known that we need money to buy shares, nothing has changed.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Cheers for the reply 👍 All depends on the club then.
    Stairway

No not really - it all depends on us, the supporters. From day one we have always required funds to purchase shares, nothing has changed. We have never presumed that anyone would just give us shares although we thank those who have already done just that.

HSL