hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn’t luck, Anderson approached both Hearts and Hibs at the same time and offered to financially support both clubs equally. Hearts welcomed his offer with open arms while those running Hibs at the time couldn’t have shown less interest. The narrative that he’s some long term Hearts supporter is nonsense.
    Wow seems an odd one that. Wonder what the context of this discussion was.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Ive said for four years that Hearts get a disproportionate amount of injuries compared to other SPFL teams.

Surprised they're not claiming compo from the Uni

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    An issue that wouldn’t be there if the GFA had decided to switch to Murrayfield.
    Yes, we could have had the whole suite of second rate facilities, and playing second fiddle to a minority sport, at not only the training facilities and hotel, but also paid for the privilege of using their stadium as well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Yes, we could have had the whole suite of second rate facilities, and playing second fiddle to a minority sport, at not only the training facilities and hotel, but also paid for the privilege of using their stadium as well.
    Except of course Murrayfield is a significantly better stadium than Hamdump

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Ive said for four years that Hearts get a disproportionate amount of injuries compared to other SPFL teams.

Aw naw, they’re even ahead of us in injuries 😱😱
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post

I take it they haven't seen our injury record over the last couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I take it they haven't seen our injury record over the last couple of years?
    Remember they don’t do fact! You do also know that any injuries will be worse and/or more serious than other teams as they are a big big team.

@hibs.net private member
    James Mcfadden agrees oriam ist fit for purpose

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...rvers-26546156

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    It wasn’t luck, Anderson approached both Hearts and Hibs at the same time and offered to financially support both clubs equally. Hearts welcomed his offer with open arms while those running Hibs at the time couldn’t have shown less interest. The narrative that he’s some long term Hearts supporter is nonsense.
    Surprised we havent heard more of this, but assuming its correct and based on the timeline, that would have been Dempster and Petrie?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Incredible how lucky they landed with Anderson. Wish he had taken up bowls
    I don’t even think he was a hearts fan? I think Budge lured him to the dark side and he subsequently became a supporter

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    urprised Swe havent heard more of this, but assuming its correct and based on the timeline, that would have been Dempster and Petrie?
    And Tom Farmer
    I think we would have heard more of it from hertz fans if we had knocked this guy back .
    And some of our own fans would be up in arms !
    Unless someone can find an article stating Anderson had met with Hibs Directors/Owner.

The phrase "due diligence" was used often about the research done to find a successor to Farmer.
    I know Anderson gives millions to a number of causes worldwide.
    Once again ,if he did contact Hibs offering free cash,am sure the club had a reason to refuse his offer .

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    And Tom Farmer
    I think we would have heard more of it from hertz fans if we had knocked this guy back .
    And some of our own fans would be up in arms !
    Unless someone can find an article stating Anderson had met with Hibs Directors/Owner.

The phrase "due diligence" was used often about the research done to find a successor to Farmer.
    I know Anderson gives millions to a number of causes worldwide.
    Once again ,if he did contact Hibs offering free cash,am sure the club had a reason to refuse his offer .
    I doubt that any offer was ever made.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Me neither.
    Had it happened,it would have been widely known,i am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Me neither.
    Had it happened,it would have been widely known,i am sure.
    The guy above seemed sure so I didnt want to call him on it.

Thing is - as one of you mentioned - the cardigan wearing gorgie gimps would have been right on social media and their chums in the BBC if this was a meeting that was more widely known about, which is why I have my doubts.

The guy above seemed sure so I didnt want to call him on it.

Thing is - as one of you mentioned - the cardigan wearing gorgie gimps would have been right on social media and their chums in the BBC if this was a meeting that was more widely known about, which is why I have my doubts.

His charitable donations to a club that once ignored charities is commendable.
    I am sure the Wee Budgie was glad that his millions have kept the wolf away from the Tiny door ..again!

Even if Mr Natural Order squandered a lot of it.

Anderson has been rewarded with both a seat on the board and a seat in the state of the hearts,sorry, art ,open to the elements spanking brand new and nearly finished, whats that staircase for?, stand

Hands up for our stadium announcer to playThe Beatles "Taxman" at next derby.

And for the despicable zombies
    If we havent banned these morons and cavemen who would boo and sing racist sectarian songs at a funereal tribute.
    Still makes me feel sick. I hate them with a passion.

Sorry for digressing !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 25-03-2023 at 10:54 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This is the first I’ve ever heard of this.

Not meaning to have a go but surely this would be common knowledge if it was true?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This is the first I’ve ever heard of this.

Not meaning to have a go but surely this would be common knowledge if it was true?
    I do remember about the time Anderson must have got involved, and folk were asking why we couldn’t find outside investment, that posters were saying we were very conservative commercially (I think Ron proved that) and reluctant for outside investment. No details, and doesn’t mean it’s true. However there were some noises at the time so it’s entirely possible, if bizarre why we would be so reluctant.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Reports in the Daily Ranger that Gordon Strachan lost his job as Scotland Manager because of his refusal to use the inferior and not fit for purpose 25m training facilities at the Oriam at the other end of the M8

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...d-job-29527040

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Reports in the Daily Ranger that Gordon Strachan lost his job as Scotland Manager because of his refusal to use the inferior and not fit for purpose 25m training facilities at the Oriam at the other end of the M8

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...d-job-29527040
    Its written by Keith Jackson, and while its obvious that there is an issue with the Scotland team and Oriam, there is a lot in that article that is made up pish to embellish his hatred of Edinburgh.

i.e. the bit about being based in one city and playing in the other and the possibility of getting stuck in traffic - teams base themselves at Loch Lomond etc for cup finals at Hampden with no real difficulties.

Its written by Keith Jackson, and while its obvious that there is an issue with the Scotland team and Oriam, there is a lot in that article that is made up pish to embellish his hatred of Edinburgh.

i.e. the bit about being based in one city and playing in the other and the possibility of getting stuck in traffic - teams base themselves at Loch Lomond etc for cup finals at Hampden with no real difficulties.

yep, it’s riddled with cheap shots at Edinburgh and inconsistent crap - trumpets strachan as the hero of the hour for refusing to use oriam, and carver for speaking up about it - no mention of any other Scotland staff between those 2 who used it and didn’t complain though. Surely you should criticise them Keith? Oh wait, that would be McLeish, who you’ll not want to be seen to be critical of

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    yep, it’s riddled with cheap shots at Edinburgh and inconsistent crap - trumpets strachan as the hero of the hour for refusing to use oriam, and carver for speaking up about it - no mention of any other Scotland staff between those 2 who used it and didn’t complain though. Surely you should criticise them Keith? Oh wait, that would be McLeish, who you’ll not want to be seen to be critical of
    You don’t hear England managers complaining about having to travel from Burton-on-Trent to Wembley, a journey of roughly 3x the time it takes to get from the Oriam to Hampden.

@hibs.net private member
    It is a crap centre if feels like a council run public leasure centre when you walk about it, rather than a top level football academy. It's a million miles away from England's centre, or even celtic and rangers. Mcfadden doesn't have skin in the game anymore and he's saying it isn't fit for purpose too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    It is a crap centre if feels like a council run public leasure centre when you walk about it, rather than a top level football academy. It's a million miles away from England's centre, or even celtic and rangers. Mcfadden doesn't have skin in the game anymore and he's saying it isn't fit for purpose too.
    I think, though, the point is that while its reasonable to point at the surface and ask for that to be sorted - saying they are using Queens Parks new surface isnt exactly a long term solution.

If the other facilities (gym equipment etc) at Oriam are good, then sort the surface for next year.

It would be interesting to hear Hearts take on it - for all we think they are a bunch of bams, its kinda unlikely they would continue to use it if it was "a health hazard".

The "hotel rooms" nonsense is just that. They could stay at Dalmahoy or Norton House, both about 5 minutes from Oriam.

Of course, Willie Haughey, the (celtic fan) owner of Queens Park, who gave the SFA millions to "ensure football stays in its home, Glasgow" will have had absolutely nothing to do with this.......................

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    You don’t hear England managers complaining about having to travel from Burton-on-Trent to Wembley, a journey of roughly 3x the time it takes to get from the Oriam to Hampden.
    The thing is it’s another to add to the list of Scottish FA muck ups.

Compare to St George’s Park and the privacy you get there and all the various pitches. We can’t even get one grass pitch right and then you have random students approaching players daily for pictures and selfies etc as they walk to training and the hotel - it’s poorly thought out.

There is definitely an East v West agenda also going on but reality is if Oriam was any good people would accept it. Instead the national team is now training on a pitch that has only recently been laid but looks like a junior ground.

Wouldn’t trust SFA to redevelop Hampden either.

I think, though, the point is that while its reasonable to point at the surface and ask for that to be sorted - saying they are using Queens Parks new surface isnt exactly a long term solution.

If the other facilities (gym equipment etc) at Oriam are good, then sort the surface for next year.

It would be interesting to hear Hearts take on it - for all we think they are a bunch of bams, its kinda unlikely they would continue to use it if it was "a health hazard".

The "hotel rooms" nonsense is just that. They could stay at Dalmahoy or Norton House, both about 5 minutes from Oriam.

Of course, Willie Haughey, the (celtic fan) owner of Queens Park, who gave the SFA millions to "ensure football stays in its home, Glasgow" will have had absolutely nothing to do with this.......................
    Hearts have had a lot of injuries also and if asked I’m sure would want more privacy than sharing with students walking past them daily.

@hibs.net private member

The gym isn't good it's too small. The canteen is a big walk and they get a slot in between it being used by students. There is university students and public using the same facilities and corridors. It's not fit for a national team.

Hearts stay because it was convenient I believe they are trying to move. Hearts have one corridor with a changing room and a gym that is like an Edinburgh leisure gym really poor. Upstairs they have a row of offices, that's it. They need to book slots for the performance gym. Slots for the indoor halls too. Edinburgh City, Cowdenbeath, Hutchy, dozens of uni teams all use the indoor pitches too. They get a slot at the canteen too.

There is no privacy they walk along long public corridors and wait for teams to finish before using certain facilities.

Compare it to hibs, celtic or England players who park the car and only see club staff all day and use facilities when they want

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    The thing is it’s another to add to the list of Scottish FA muck ups.

Compare to St George’s Park and the privacy you get there and all the various pitches. We can’t even get one grass pitch right and then you have random students approaching players daily for pictures and selfies etc as they walk to training and the hotel - it’s poorly thought out.

There is definitely an East v West agenda also going on but reality is if Oriam was any good people would accept it. Instead the national team is now training on a pitch that has only recently been laid but looks like a junior ground.

Wouldn’t trust SFA to redevelop Hampden either.
    Is St George’s actually all that private? It is part of a Hilton hotel. Or do they get exclusive access to the hotel whilst the England camps are on?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    The gym isn't good it's too small. The canteen is a big walk and they get a slot in between it being used by students. There is university students and public using the same facilities and corridors. It's not fit for a national team.

Hearts stay because it was convenient I believe they are trying to move. Hearts have one corridor with a changing room and a gym that is like an Edinburgh leisure gym really poor. Upstairs they have a row of offices, that's it. They need to book slots for the performance gym. Slots for the indoor halls too. Edinburgh City, Cowdenbeath, Hutchy, dozens of uni teams all use the indoor pitches too. They get a slot at the canteen too.

There is no privacy they walk along long public corridors and wait for teams to finish before using certain facilities.

Compare it to hibs, celtic or England players who park the car and only see club staff all day and use facilities when they want
    They don’t use the same gym that the public do.

I get that Oriam isn’t a world class facility, but I think it’s better than it’s being made out to be.

I dinnae really understand the whole “they have to walk past regular people” point that’s being made either. So what? Should they not have to share air with us regular plebs while they’re walking a corridor?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    They don’t use the same gym that the public do.

I get that Oriam isn’t a world class facility, but I think it’s better than it’s being made out to be.

I dinnae really understand the whole “they have to walk past regular people” point that’s being made either. So what? Should they not have to share air with us regular plebs while they’re walking a corridor?
    They use the performance gym that student can use. It's poor small and the equipment outdated, as has been said Scottish rugby bring their own gym equipment in a tent

It's a huge thing having to mix with students and the public, it's Mickley mouse stuff.

They use the performance gym that student can use. It's poor small and the equipment outdated, as has been said Scottish rugby bring their own gym equipment in a tent

It's a huge thing having to mix with students and the public, it's Mickley mouse stuff.

Indeed.
    Seems it is not worth a Donaldly Duck

Are students and the public distinct ?

I agree ...just having a laugh at the whole drama of the Oriam and in particular some jambos getting upset about the exodus of the National squad and criticism of the beloved training centre they pay rent for.
    Even sometimes on time,it must be said !

Such a precious crowd,the jambos

PS
    Wee Jobby Jackson and the Record are best avoided/ignored
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 26-03-2023 at 11:32 AM.