hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

LJ’s Yellow Card

I was at the game and saw the incident. Celtic wanted to take a quick free kick. LJ was standing pitch side at the edge of his technical area. The ball was thrown from the Hibs dug out from behind him. He had nothing to do with it but took the booking for it. Now we have clowns like Kenny Miller who admits to not seeing it calling LJ out for his dirty tactic in trying to slow the game down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at the game and saw the incident. Celtic wanted to take a quick free kick. LJ was standing pitch side at the edge of his technical area. The ball was thrown from the Hibs dug out from behind him. He had nothing to do with it but took the booking for it. Now we have clowns like Kenny Miller who admits to not seeing it calling LJ out for his dirty tactic in trying to slow the game down.
    Kenny Miller is completely correct that tactics like this should be punished.

It's just another distraction from the issue of the quality or lack of quality regarding our referees and VAR controllers.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post

It's just another distraction from the issue of the quality or lack of quality regarding our referees and VAR controllers.
    Kenny Miller the coach has been emptied from every coaching role he’s had, and he’s had a few
    Why are we subjected to him on TV and Radio

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Kenny Miller is a hun fud

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Kenny Miller the coach has been emptied from every coaching role he’s had, and he’s had a few
    Why are we subjected to him on TV and Radio
    My guess would be that he toes the line and the BBC doesn't think we deserve better.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post

I'm not going to argue that tactics like that shouldn't be punished, but it wasn't Lee Johnson who threw the ball onto the field.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It's now quite common to see two balls on the pitch at the same time thanks to the quick throw tactic employed by so many teams.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We've been done with the two balls in the pitch before and it's infuriating, and I'm all for us having a bit of ****housery about us from time to time
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Apparently LJ is now in the stand for Motherwell game. I think the coach is held responsible if the ref cant identify those responsible. What I thought was ridiculous at Parkhead was the pathetic ball being immediately thrown on the pitch by the ball boys. If i was Marshall would have found it difficult not to boot the ball into the stand when a shot goes past the post and another ball immediately at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Apparently LJ is now in the stand for Motherwell game. I think the coach is held responsible if the ref cant identify those responsible. What I thought was ridiculous at Parkhead was the pathetic ball being immediately thrown on the pitch by the ball boys. If i was Marshall would have found it difficult not to boot the ball into the stand when a shot goes past the post and another ball immediately at his feet.
    Hibs should have our ball kids trained to do the same thing against the smaller teams..

Celtic should try playing with two balls whenever they’re getting their ***** felt in European games. They might get a kick of one of them.

Celtic well within their rights to get the ball back on the pitch ASAP. Wish we’d do that at ER when we’re playing against teams who are sitting in, wasting time and so on. Think LJ actually spoke about us doing it earlier in the season. Can’t remember the game but he’d spoken about the ball boys being spoken to about it.

Pretty ridiculous that he ends up with a touch line ban for something he didn’t do though.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    He is, he mentioned in his post match interview. It’s not cheating it’s called “game management” or soon to be called game themagement 😂

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We've been done with the two balls in the pitch before and it's infuriating, and I'm all for us having a bit of ****housery about us from time to time
    Opening game of the season, St Johnstone players were passing a second ball about themselves into the middle of the pitch. Don’t think they were booked for it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Opening game of the season, St Johnstone players were passing a second ball about themselves into the middle of the pitch. Don’t think they were booked for it.
    Game at Ibrox where McGregor was sent off for kicking McNulty, I'm sure we had everyone up for a late corner chasing the game, and a second ball came on as the corner came in. The ref striped play and restarted with a Rangers' ball.

Game at Ibrox where McGregor was sent off for kicking McNulty, I'm sure we had everyone up for a late corner chasing the game, and a second ball came on as the corner came in. The ref striped play and restarted with a Rangers' ball.
    IIRC, that was thrown on by their fans.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Lee now in the stand for the Motherwell game due to his booking

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Was that no at half time though? They’re allowed to do that then. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Celtic well within their rights to get the ball back on the pitch ASAP. Wish we’d do that at ER when we’re playing against teams who are sitting in, wasting time and so on. Think LJ actually spoke about us doing it earlier in the season. Can’t remember the game but he’d spoken about the ball boys being spoken to about it.

Pretty ridiculous that he ends up with a touch line ban for something he didn’t do though.
    Havent we been doing that all season?

I'm confused. How many yellow cards has he had this season. Why has he got a touchline ban for a yellow card and not a red?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Not sure about that. Fair enough providing another ball but the speed of it is ridiculous imo.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    IIRC, that was thrown on by their fans.
    Yes, it was - you're right. I contemplated taking a bag of footballs with me for the next home game against them to retaliate but I doubt i could throw it that far.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Lee now in the stand for the Motherwell game due to his booking
    Won't make much of a difference

Yes, it was - you're right. I contemplated taking a bag of footballs with me for the next home game against them to retaliate but I doubt i could throw it that far.

The dark arts.
    We need to be doing a lot more of this imo

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Has he accumulated too many yellows or something?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson