hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hibs First

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m generally not against the idea, I’d probably sign up, but both hibs 1st and season tickets can’t both offer priority for the same cup games.
    Hibs First will have priority first. As currently happens with the Away ST.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hibs First will have priority first. As currently happens with the Away ST.
    You can’t sell season tickets offering priority when it’s not getting them priority, unless thy purchase another add on.

You can’t sell season tickets offering priority when it’s not getting them priority, unless thy purchase another add on.
    But nothing is changing from the way it’s been in the last however many seasons the Away ST has been in existence. They’ve been getting access to tickets ahead of a home season ticket holders for years. That simply continues under the new scheme which has a different name.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 20-03-2023 at 06:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    But nothing is changing from the way it’s been in the last however many seasons the Away ST has been in existence. They’ve been getting access to tickets ahead of a home season ticket holders for years. That simply continues under the new scheme which has a different name.
    I get that, but thy need to remove the priority wording from the normal season ticket info.

@hibs.net private member
    I get that, but thy need to remove the priority wording from the normal season ticket info.
    I don’t think they do. Season ticket holders will still get priority over non season ticket holders. It doesn’t state that season ticket holders will be given top/first priority

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I don’t think they do. Season ticket holders will still get priority over non season ticket holders. It doesn’t state that season ticket holders will be given top/first priority
    Agreed.
    The wording on the home season ticket application should clearly state priority is after those in the new scheme.
    If the limit is around 500 members then there's only around 300 tickets left for the home season ticket holder who have "priority".
    Even worse if block 7 are also getting some sort of priority as mentioned by an earlier poster.
    It'll be getting to the level that home season ticket holders pretty much won't be able to get tickets for ibrox or parkhead.

Is there any truth to Block 7 having priority to tickets?

I've still not renewed my season ticket, because of various reasons, but if there's any truth to this, then there's another reason to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

I've still not renewed my season ticket, because of various reasons, but if there's any truth to this, then there's another reason to add to the list.
    I’d imagine a lot of the guys have the away ST anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottish_sleepy View Post
    Agreed.
    The wording on the home season ticket application should clearly state priority is after those in the new scheme.
    If the limit is around 500 members then there's only around 300 tickets left for the home season ticket holder who have "priority".
    Even worse if block 7 are also getting some sort of priority as mentioned by an earlier poster.
    It'll be getting to the level that home season ticket holders pretty much won't be able to get tickets for ibrox or parkhead.
    This has been the case for years. AST gets priority for Away games. Then any other game - cup ties at home, trips to Hampden etc the same as any other ST holder.
    Issues don't arise at most grounds. Only Mordor and Parkhead where there's just 800 or 900 tickets or a wee team away in the cup. It doesn't stop folk going anywhere else freely...

Hibs don't want a loyalty system per se - it's been confirmed this is the case - so the hybrid that allows those who go every week to be able to is the continued option. Only now with more flexibility and a financial lay out of 50 pounds up front.

It's also the case that there's plenty non ST holders seem to get their hands on tickets for Tynie etc - which is clearly courtesy of ST holders who give out their client reference numbers without a thought for other ST holders who might have gone. Its an imperfect science all round
    Last edited by LewysGot2; 21-03-2023 at 12:41 PM.

At the Away ST event last week, Block 7 were raised. Lynn from the ticket office said that they are regularly allocated tickets together. She didn’t say that they are allocated tickets together as a matter of priority, at the same time as Away ST tickets are allocated for instance, which would obviously be a different thing altogether.

At the Away ST event last week, Block 7 were raised. Lynn from the ticket office said that they are regularly allocated tickets together. She didn’t say that they are allocated tickets together as a matter of priority, at the same time as Away ST tickets are allocated for instance, which would obviously be a different thing altogether.
    If they have been regularly allocated tickets together at Tynecastle or Parkhead then given the speed they sell out at it would only be possible if they had priority over everyone else.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If they have been regularly allocated tickets together at Tynecastle or Parkhead then given the speed they sell out at it would only be possible if they had priority over everyone else.
    At away games Block 7 stand together where they want then their main guy tells folk with tickets for the seats there that it is sit where you want :-)

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They explained the away club often wants them in a specific spot. It's a security thing in some respects. Apparently Ben K meeting with them this week to speak about aspects of their behaviour at games that are of concern to the club...

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Yes they kind of are, thats how the 50-100 of them all get seats together at Tynecastle etc. Its wrong imo.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    So we have went to a perfectly good system where those who had supported the club on the most regular basis were given priority for high demand games - to an Away Season Ticket - and now a “membership” that gives fans priority only if they stump up £50 for the privilege.

The AST didn’t suit me as I’m not able to guarantee I’d make every game, but those who did were quite rightly first in line for those high demand occasions.

Despite not having an AST, there has only been one occasion where I didn’t get a ticket (Tynecastle, but then secured a spare from a friend). Think I’ll continue with taking my chances for Tynecastle/Ibrox/Parkhead rather than throwing £50 down the tubes.

So Hibs have responded to feedback and are reducing subscription for those already an AST holder to £30 over 13, £20 under 13.

New members will pay £50 and £25 respectively