hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope it’s definitely not - did you see how the player left his oversized jersey hanging out of his shorts just hoping it would get pulled - flagrant attempt to lull a player into catching his jersey on an opponent’s hand as he passed him by - cheating, pure and simple - at least that is how most VAR officials seem to view it when it’s a non old firm situation 🤭
    Goading.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    You are spot on, I'd go as far as to say if Youan never got booked and a free kick just went either way then no one would even be mentioning this at all, it's just one of those things that can happen during a game, the ref highlighted it by Youan getting a second yellow and being sent off for it
    Totally agree with this.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If a player throws himself to head a ball at someone's feet and gets kicked, it's the diving player who should be punished for dangerous play, not the kicker.

Also, contact is irrelevant when considering dangerous or reckless play although I'm sure referees often wrongly take it into consideration.

My view is that Youan was perfectly entitled to attempt to kick the ball at the height it was. Had he not connected with the Celtic player's head despite his attempt to head it, would Youan still have been booked? If the answer to that is no, then it wasn't dangerous play, even though he did actually catch him.
    I think you’re right - just thought it contradicted the views on the Vaseline thread.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    You are spot on, I'd go as far as to say if Youan never got booked and a free kick just went either way then no one would even be mentioning this at all, it's just one of those things that can happen during a game, the ref highlighted it by Youan getting a second yellow and being sent off for it
    That's what I said about it as well, the ref was going to play on initially and only brought it back because of the head knock. If the defender had just got back up nobody would have thought twice about the incident.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Goading.
    Nah just having a bit of a laugh at the absurdity of the so called VAR experts - nothing would surprise me if no foul was given to HIBS if there was a repeat of that video clip had it been another fitba club involved ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think you’re right - just thought it contradicted the views on the Vaseline thread.
    It doesn't though.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It doesn't though.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    From my “side” it was suggested on the Vassel thread it’s not always a red card for a kick to the head and there’s an element of interpretation. This was shot down as ridiculous as it’s always a red.

Now it’s being said it’s not always a red and there’s an element of interpretation (which I agree with btw).

Really interesting read on England's referees https://www.theguardian.com/football...darren-england

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Really interesting read on England's referees https://www.theguardian.com/football...darren-england
    What a brilliant article that is.

Interesting extract from it

(Every official must declare their allegiances, and will not be assigned that team’s matches or those of their closest rivals. Other factors that determine appointments include how many times an official has refereed each club that season, how close they live to the stadium, and which teams their family members support.)

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    What a brilliant article that is.

Interesting extract from it

(Every official must declare their allegiances, and will not be assigned that team’s matches or those of their closest rivals. Other factors that determine appointments include how many times an official has refereed each club that season, how close they live to the stadium, and which teams their family members support.)
    To be fair that is also done in Scotland but then used to assist 2 teams rather than make it fair for all teams. Refs are asked to declare their team in Scotland and if it’s the rangers they get them every second week!