hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Celtic v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About time?

As the article points out, we've called it out several times before.
    I meant overall. We've been on the receiving end of some shocking decisions for years and this season is the first I've heard of us properly calling it out. And doing it frequently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    If Hanlon impeded Carter Vickers it was before the corner was taken, he's almost on the deck by the time it was taken. Ref not even looking at it either but still gave penalty.

I think it’s really soft in the end. And McLean must have eyes in the side of his head. But I also thought it was really poor from Hanlon. He was wrong side, not looking at the ball. Gave the boy a chance to buy it, similar to the one Porteous got against Aberdeen earlier in the season.

Funny how Hanlon ended up booked for it but Starfelt didn’t get booked for his one.

McLean was a disgrace today. I thought Johnson should have been stronger with his comments afterwards. Missed our penalty, gave them one that wasn’t and an absolutely disgraceful sending off.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think it’s really soft in the end. And McLean must have eyes in the side of his head. But I also thought it was really poor from Hanlon. He was wrong side, not looking at the ball. Gave the boy a chance to buy it, similar to the one Porteous got against Aberdeen earlier in the season.

Funny how Hanlon ended up booked for it but Starfelt didn’t get booked for his one.

McLean was a disgrace today. I thought Johnson should have been stronger with his comments afterwards. Missed our penalty, gave them one that wasn’t and an absolutely disgraceful sending off.
    It is poor from Hanlon in that sense.hes an experienced defender and shouldn't be wrong side there. Also, the marking in the second pic is horrendous. Stevenson has lost his man and there is another unmarked coming in.

Don't think it was a pen, but I don't think Hanlon's position helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    It is poor from Hanlon in that sense.hes an experienced defender and shouldn't be wrong side there. Also, the marking in the second pic is horrendous. Stevenson has lost his man and there is another unmarked coming in.

Pretty gutted for, that all we stood up to today, we’ve been done by two corners. And at both, we survived a VAR check following the award of both corners as well.

Expected nothing heading through but to get so close to getting something, having put in so much, was a sore one.

Coaching Staff
    He always slavers, does he not? That was widely accepted here.
    Widely accepted? Now your the slaver.

@hibs.net private member
    Had a really interesting chat today with a random person next to me (who was great company). He was reconciling how he wanted LJ sacked and now doesn’t and is struggling to deal with that - might be on here for all I know. Think the point I’m making is it’s ok to change your mind with something Hibs related.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Had a really interesting chat today with a random person next to me (who was great company). He was reconciling how he wanted LJ sacked and now doesn’t and is struggling to deal with that - might be on here for all I know. Think the point I’m making is it’s ok to change your mind with something Hibs related.
    Every five minutes

McLean's quick reaction to the penalty that was overturned and Marshall's yellow card was a strange one , I'm sure Cliff pike said he was 30 or 40 yards away from it , makes you wonder how he was so sure it was a penalty?

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Massive 4 games coming up for us. Could be sitting in the driving seat for a 3rd place finish, or could see us end up finishing in the bottom 6 come the split. We have got to win the home derby when it arrives. Pleased we are still in the hunt , having just cane through back to back games against the Huns and the soapdodgers.. would be absolutely fantastic if we were to finish 3rd , be the weirdest season ever as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    McLean's quick reaction to the penalty that was overturned and Marshall's yellow card was a strange one , I'm sure Cliff pike said he was 30 or 40 yards away from it , makes you wonder how he was so sure it was a penalty?

He almost looked apologetic when he was asked by var to review his non award of a penalty to Hibs. You could see in his face , he was ****ting his pants because he knew he was going to have to give us the penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Massive 4 games coming up for us. Could be sitting in the driving seat for a 3rd place finish, or could see us end up finishing in the bottom 6 come the split. We have got to win the home derby when it arrives. Pleased we are still in the hunt , having just cane through back to back games against the Huns and the soapdodgers.. would be absolutely fantastic if we were to finish 3rd , be the weirdest season ever as well..
    Going in to the run of Livi, Rangers and Celtic I’d have snapped your hand off to get out of that 5 points of third (same as we went in to that run of games).

Not saying we’ll get third but it’s there to have a go at.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Going in to the run of Livi, Rangers and Celtic I’d have snapped your hand off to get out of that 5 points of third (same as we went in to that run of games).

Not saying we’ll get third but it’s there to have a go at.

Spot on .. To be in with a fighting chance of 3rd/4th as we enter the final round of fixtures seems crazy given our position and general mood in the camp tail end of last year.

Like you im not saying i think we will get 3rd , but its all to play for and we have at least given ourselves lots to play for. If ever there was a derby match to go and win for a complete change in mentality at both clubs then the next one is just that. Would be massive for Lee Johnson, and give us some payback from the last couple seasons derby performances.

Thought Johnson got his set up right today and the red card killed it for him. However, thought he maybe made a mistake in bringing Hoppe on out of the three available strikers. And, I might be wrong on this bit, but am I right in thinking that although you can make 5 subs, you can only stop the game three times to do so? Hence why we couldn’t bring Myko or Nisbet on towards the end.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    About time?

As the article points out, we've called it out several times before.
    Ben's said for ages that the SFA and SPFL run the game for the benefit of 2 clubs only.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He almost looked apologetic when he was asked by var to review his non award of a penalty to Hibs. You could see in his face , he was ****ting his pants because he knew he was going to have to give us the penalty
    Or maybe he was embarrassed that he'd made a mistake.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

It's shocking from Hanlon really. Not only because he won a penalty for similar in the first half, but he really should know after playing 500 or so games as a professional that the referee, rightly or wrongly, will be looking for a reason to level things up.

We just look like a proper team again.

We have a spirit and dare I say a bit of siege mentality. I like the fact that the CEO is putting pressure on the officials. We have had some shockers recently.

Going into livi game was expecting we would be c8 points or worse behind Hearts when we got out at this point. Not only have we not lost ground but they are imploding and talking about crisis player meetings.

We have four winnable games coming up before the split including a derby that is now critical. 10 points before the break and we will be very close to 3rd.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Where is jonnyboy's analysis today?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Or maybe he was embarrassed that he'd made a mistake.
    Yeah could have been that as well. But lets not give him the benefit of any doubt. His overall performance screams my theory 😁

It was a great defensive effort for the most part, under that much pressure we were really compact and difficult to play through for large parts - considering the possession they had in the final third.

Credit for that. Going down to 10 and a referee determined to make things right after the audacity to give us a pen - It was a fight we couldn't win. His apologetic booking of 'Oh' for removing his shirt said it all to me. Everyone knows its a booking. He knows. Just book him.

Really minor moan here, but for the Celtic 2nd goal in the build up to the corner, Lewis could easily have punted it for a throw. Gives away a corner a bit cheaply and when you’re defending 15 corners, you’re gonna switch off or lose your battle once or twice.

As I say, minor niggle but just annoyed me watching it back

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Really minor moan here, but for the Celtic 2nd goal in the build up to the corner, Lewis could easily have punted it for a throw. Gives away a corner a bit cheaply and when you’re defending 15 corners, you’re gonna switch off or lose your battle once or twice.

As I say, minor niggle but just annoyed me watching it back
    Same. Really annoyed me too. Could easily have been out for a throw

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Yeah could have been that as well. But lets not give him the benefit of any doubt. His overall performance screams my theory 😁
    Sorry. I must have been feeling unusually charitable.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Lee Johnson - Not something I want to do . If it wasn't LJ that put the ball on the park , I wonder who did .
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-to-do-4070486

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Where is jonnyboy's analysis today?
    Sorry MY, I spent the day in bed in a darkened room due to a migraine
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I hope you're feeling much better today sir.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Lee Johnson - Not something I want to do . If it wasn't LJ that put the ball on the park , I wonder who did .
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-to-do-4070486
    Probably McKirdy

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Cheers mate, glad you are better.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.