hibs.net Messageboard

The Eurovison Song Contest

I have to say I'm quite ambivalent about this although it's had a few memorable moments throughout the decades.

I've just heard the UK entry on the wireless and by god its awful!

Surely it's been written/composed by AI, no human would admit to this abysmal mishmash of plinky plonky, da da das with a hint of estern Mediterranean kids club holiday dance routine that flows like traffic through the rush hour.

Reaching nil points might be beyond us this year 😆

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to say I'm quite ambivalent about this although it's had a few memorable moments throughout the decades.

I've just heard the UK entry on the wireless and by god its awful!

Surely it's been written/composed by AI, no human would admit to this abysmal mishmash of plinky plonky, da da das with a hint of estern Mediterranean kids club holiday dance routine that flows like traffic through the rush hour.

Reaching nil points might be beyond us this year 😆
    Jack, I googled it and I have to say I disagree with you - it's far worse than you say it is

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I have to agree. It is awful. I’ve had an argument with my wife over this too. My wife works in the music industry and is really good mates with Mae Muller’s dad. She loves it and thinks it’s a winner. It is really bad.

I was at TRNSMT last year and watched her given my wife knows her. She was vile, encouraging guys in the crowd to get their tackle out.

@hibs.net private member
    Can we no get Katrina and the Waves back, some of the most recent UK songs have been utter trash, there are better buskers out there

Ps I dont watch it, I trust my Wifes views 🫣

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've not even watched it since bucks fizz won it

and after a quick google that was the year .................................................. ..... 1981

i have watched only the results part several times though and even then only out of pure curiosity to see which countries are mates, i'm convinced one year it will lead to a war