hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sky Glass Tv

@hibs.net private member

Sky Glass Tv

Wife quite fancies one but Im not too sure to be honest, Ive read many mixed reviews. My Brother has one and has now gotten used to it especially with less wires and built in sound bar. What he doesnt like is that with his previous tv he could get Premier Sports but much to his angst when he tried to tune into it he found out Sky does not have the platform to support it and he now has to go via laptop to tv

Any plusses/minuses to getting one ?

Oh and when we switched from Virgin in 19 canteen to Sky we were told its an old phone line to telegraph pole and its not been upgraded so worried in case this affects wifi speed etc, not wanting ****ing lags when watching sport etc

2. Log in to remove the advert

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Look at the Sky puck. I've just got this a few weeks ago and it's fantastic. The wee box can get tucked out of sight, you won't even know it's there.

You will be better off buying a new TV at a better spec and cheaper than Sky Glass and getting the puck 👍
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at the Sky puck. I've just got this a few weeks ago and it's fantastic. The wee box can get tucked out of sight, you won't even know it's there.

You will be better off buying a new TV at a better spec and cheaper than Sky Glass and getting the puck 👍
    Nice one mate cheers 👍

Is there not a thread on the HG about this? Have a very vague memory of reading about this, but could be wrong. Might be worth checking it out for more info.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Is there not a thread on the HG about this? Have a very vague memory of reading about this, but could be wrong. Might be worth checking it out for more info.
    Possibly mate I havent looked to be honest, I popped a thread on here as didnt want it all mixed up in the political threads in which I dont contribute to 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Possibly mate I havent looked to be honest, I popped a thread on here as didnt want it all mixed up in the political threads in which I dont contribute to 🤣
    I might be wrong right enough. Have read about them somewhere. It's not all political, airfryers, shaving methods etc

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I have a Samsung QE55Q95T. The connections are in a separate box which connects to the TV by a single, thin wire so the screen sits exactly flat against the wall.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    I looked at it when it first came out and the main things which put me off was no recording and it had around 140 channels compared to over 300 on Sky Q