hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Free season tickets. But every match you miss you pay 50 quid.

seriously ramp up the match day offering eg kiosk sales and fan pubs.
    Those in the FFL would owe a fair but by time the season ends...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I'd make a rotating 4 year plan with the aim of achieving success every 4 years. Buy in some quality players over 3 years and nurture some youth talent and try and get them to peak in year 4 before selling them off and then start the whole process over again.

I’d stick with Lee Johnson for a few years. We’re always hearing about how we need stability but we’ve never tried it.

I don't think Hibs truly can be a success. Scottish football doesn't allow anyone other than Rangers and Celtic to do that.

Amalgamate with Hearts and build a super stadium near Straiton.
    Or perhaps not.😎

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I’d stick with Lee Johnson for a few years. We’re always hearing about how we need stability but we’ve never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I don't think Hibs truly can be a success. Scottish football doesn't allow anyone other than Rangers and Celtic to do that.
    Unfortunately I've got to agree.

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Tongue in cheek, but join the English League and invest in getting into The Premiership.

Then hump Rangers, Celtic & Hearts if we meet in Europe.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Salisbury Hibby; 19-03-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Haven’t really thought this idea through (standard) but the SPFL is run by the clubs, so, presumably can be sold by the clubs?

I think for anything to change meaningfully, we have to try something completely radical.

Wrexham were bought over by Ryan Reynolds and that other guy that nobody remembers, they’ve gained a worldwide fanbase as a result (albeit not on the scale of Man U etc, but it’s accurate to say that their profile has risen to an unimaginable level.).

Salford have benefited from the interest in having superstar owners and Phil Neville.

You could conceivably sell the SPFL “franchise” to (for example) Amazon Prime, or super-wealthy group, or an emerging broadcaster looking to disrupt the status quo.

With that, participating clubs agree to be funded predominantly from a central pot, income can be distributed from prize money but the league is responsible for funding players. No club starts the season with a competitive advantage for being wealthy.

The broadcaster/owner provides enough money to attract players at a level no Scottish club can attract at the moment, but not just for Rangers and Celtic. Clubs can trade players but profits from sales go back to the league.

They lobby the relevant government to greatly relax work permit rules to support attracting talent from markets that could greatly benefit TV right sales, and Scottish talent is supported through a centrally run Academy with a US-style draft system and a requirement for a minimum number of home grown players per club per game.

The broadcaster gets full access to all clubs to record the story of the new league in an “All Or Nothing” style documentary.

Significant investment is made into stadiums for all top flight teams to ensure that ticket prices are capped (so stadiums are full) and artificial surfaces are outlawed.

There’s a minimum requirement for clubs to have facilities for a minimum number of TV cameras that can broadcast and stream at ultra high definition and the expectation is that all games are presented to the sort of level we expect from EPL games broadcast by Sky.

TV rights to what is now the most competitive top quality league in the world (probably) are sold globally.

The increase in quality means Scottish clubs can compete meaningfully in Europe, increasing exposure and revenue for the league.

Obviously club owners would want to be making money so the league can’t take *all* the income, and an independent body would be established to ensure all clubs receive fundamentally equal treatment.

And referees are full time.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Those in the FFL would owe a fair but by time the season ends...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

or would they ;-)