hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m maybe losing the plot here but in what possible way could moving kick off time to sell PPV rights for a big game possibly be classed as tin pot? If anything it’s probably the opposite of tin pot!
    I don’t think so either but I’m not entirely sure what that daft overused term “tin pot” means. Been meaning to ask a bairn for a while now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Thats fine, but they shouldn't then be surprised if people start treating them like a business, and choosing not to just blindly give money for something, the quality of which is dubious, the time and delivery of which is uncertain.and subject to change. Oh, and other customers interests may well be put in front of yours. Roll up, roll up.
    Thing is right, Hibs can't really win here.

They need to scrimp every penny available to them as their turnover is the fifth biggest in Scotland and absolutely dwarfed by the top two. Our fiercest rivals have a fan scheme that ploughs millions into the club whereas ours ploughs in hundreds of thousands. They need to make money anyway they can and this is an easy way to gain extra revenue.

I'm not picking sides here, just saying I can totally understand why Hibs have moved the KO and if I was the bean counter at the club I'd have made the same decision. Even though I know it would get a bit of backlash.

Turns out Hearts fans were right with all their talk of the maroon pound being more important to Hibs.

Bit embarrassing for Hibs.
    While i personally don't agree with the change in KO time, what is embarrassing about trying to make more money...especially if it hertz fans that are giving us it?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hibs saying at the request of both clubs
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...hange-hearts-h

Hearts saying at the request of the home club
    https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...f-time-changed
    Well they would wouldn’t they.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    While i personally don't agree with the change in KO time, what is embarrassing about trying to make more money...especially if it hertz fans that are giving us it?
    How much money are they really going to make from it? IPTV's and streams are everywhere these days.

So for the sake of making what, less than the squads weekly wage in PPV sales, they'll disrupt folk who had made plans and bought tickets for the game already.

12:30 on a Saturday is an awful kick off time.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Before the season started you would have admitted it was highly unlikely you will see a 3pm Saturday derby.

Hibs has given everyone 4 and half weeks notice of a 2.5 hours change to kick off. I don't think that's too bad.

If it had been from 3 to 5.30pm would there have been the same outcry.

To be fair it suits me as can watch it now. Shame not 11.30am kick off off I could have drove up.
    Had it been half five there wouldn't have been an outcry because it makes for a far better day and occasion with KO later on in the day.

The problem is the early KO which ruins the fixture.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I don’t think so either but I’m not entirely sure what that daft overused term “tin pot” means. Been meaning to ask a bairn for a while now.
    I would have described something as tin pot if it was a *****y wee event or club nobody was interested in.

Whether you agree with the decision to move kick off is obviously up for debate, I don’t understand how Tin Pot can be used in this context though. As I said earlier, it is pretty much the opposite of that for me.

@hibs.net private member
    In fairness there’ll be 396,500 Hearts fans that won’t be there that might stump up for the PPV😏

Jokes aside, this out of town supporter is seriously xxxxxx off!

First Team Regular
    Id say having to inconvenience your own fans, killing the occasion and atmosphere of the one single game left that actually still feels like a big game, so you can scrimp an extra 20k from your biggest rivals support, in a game when your team need to win, is a total ridder. Wee Team indeed.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Id say having to inconvenience your own fans, killing the occasion and atmosphere of the one single game left that actually still feels like a big game, so you can scrimp an extra 20k from your biggest rivals support, in a game when your team need to win, is a total ridder. Wee Team indeed.
    How much will PPV be? £20?

I'd wager more than 1000 subscriptions will be bought worldwide.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Would a Friday night fixture be a better option or at all possible? Would much rather that than a lunch time kick off on either Saturday / Sunday.

@hibs.net private member
    Good point around hospitality, I’d be even more hacked off it id stumped up a couple of hundred pounds to be told that the pre-match build up will commence early in the morning. Pretty sure that’s not what they signed up for! I’d not commit to a category A hospitality package for that reason alone, these games are always getting shifted at a moments notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

I was guessing Mr Firestick will result in 1000 sign ups max at £15 a pop.
    So hacking us off for £15k which is 2 weeks pay for Ben Ken.

If the club truthfully tell us how much they make from it we can decide if it was worth it but they won't.
    I'm calling it £15k tops for turning a great day out into a perfunctory game attendance.
    They could make more money from all the Hibbies and Jambo's at the game donating £1 each in exchange for leaving the kick off alone.

I note that the meet the players event ticket price has reduced from the original bat**** £50 a ticket to £25 a ticket.
    Did this happen before the meet the defenders event or as a result of the low attendance numbers at this event?
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 15-03-2023 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Hearts charged a tenner for the NY game. I'd wager we'll be in the same ballpark.

In the simplest terms even if this incurred no costs or lost match day ticket sales 5000 signs ups (and that seems optimistic) brings in £50K. That's a squad players wages for 6 months or 3.3% of our losses from last year. It hardly seems worth the bad feeling it seems to have caused.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Wee team?? Says all i need to know.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Also note that Hospitality packages are already sold put for the game ( on the basis of a 3pm ko). I imagine many who have purchased wont be happy with the change.
    What’s the script with hospitality in a situation like this? I presume we don’t charge the usual extortionate price?

The fact that this will be of benefit to multiple times more hearts fans than Hibs fans just makes this decision ever more ***** really.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 15-03-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kentao View Post
    Would a Friday night fixture be a better option or at all possible? Would much rather that than a lunch time kick off on either Saturday / Sunday.
    It would be drunken carnage at an already peak time for Policing so they wouldn't allow it.
    Saying that, kicking off the game earlier than usual at 7pm could see the vast majority turning up in reasonable sobriety.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    How much money are they really going to make from it? IPTV's and streams are everywhere these days.

So for the sake of making what, less than the squads weekly wage in PPV sales, they'll disrupt folk who had made plans and bought tickets for the game already.

12:30 on a Saturday is an awful kick off time.
    I agree its wrong. I was only asking why the poster thought it was embarrassing. With his comments about the "wee team" i think i understand.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I agree its wrong. I was only asking why the poster thought it was embarrassing. With his comments about the "wee team" i think i understand.
    Ah, I see. No worries 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Glad i booked the 7am train gets me in a couple of minutes past 11. Might have to fore go the prematch pint but will make kick off in good time. A few hours to play with post match.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Bizarre. Still, at least a Saturday lunchtime is better then a Sunday lunchtime. After game sesh incoming.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    What’s the script with hospitality in a situation like this? I presume we don’t charge the usual extortionate price?

The fact that this will be of benefit to multiple times more hearts fans than Hibs fans just makes this decision ever more ***** really.
    Don't they do the main food after the game for lunchtime kick offs and stay open later?

Sure read it before.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I was planning on getting the train up and down on the day for the game.

I don't think that's as attractive an idea as it was before the announcement.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    It would be drunken carnage at an already peak time for Policing so they wouldn't allow it.
    Saying that, kicking off the game earlier than usual at 7pm could see the vast majority turning up in reasonable sobriety.
    Friday 9th March 2018 - Hibs 2-0 Hearts.

Brilliant night, great build up, packed Easter Road, no more issues for police than any other derby. Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    I was guessing Mr Firestick will result in 1000 sign ups max at £15 a pop.
    So hacking us off for £15k which is 2 weeks pay for Ben Ken.

If the club truthfully tell us how much they make from it we can decide if it was worth it but they won't.
    I'm calling it £15k tops for turning a great day out into a perfunctory game attendance.
    They could make more money from all the Hibbies and Jambo's at the game donating £1 each in exchange for leaving the kick off alone.

I note that the meet the players event ticket price has reduced from the original bat**** £50 a ticket to £25 a ticket.
    Did this happen before the meet the defenders event or as a result of the low attendance numbers at this event?
    As inconvenient as it is, there will be a far higher take up than 1000.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Don't they do the main food after the game for lunchtime kick offs and stay open later?

Sure read it before.
    Ah that would make sense.

Would be a bit crap if we were beat mind you.

Turns out Hearts fans were right with all their talk of the maroon pound being more important to Hibs.

Bit embarrassing for Hibs.
    Very good. Ltyf

After the last Derby in the SC they probably don't expect a sell out so have gone down this route, would normally go but won't be this time, crap KO time

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    As inconvenient as it is, there will be a far higher take up than 1000.
    On a very good day Hibs get 4,000 for ppv. They'll get around 2,000 for this one.

Behave, leave that p!sh for them
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull