Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that has stopped me attending.
    Least you’ll get it on the tele now though 😃

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Turns out Hearts fans were right with all their talk of the maroon pound being more important to Hibs.

Bit embarrassing for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Turns out Hearts fans were right with all their talk of the maroon pound being more important to Hibs.

Bit embarrassing for Hibs.
    Anybody at Hibs feels embarrassed by this they need to give themselves a bloody good shake.

Some of the other emotions I can just about understand, embarrassment certainly isn’t one I can sympathise with though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Tin pot

Did we not make a healthy sum from a previous PPV game against Celtic last year or year before when Sky didn’t pick it?

I never expect a Derby to be 3pm on a Saturday due to TV so this is not really much different.

Biggest positive is Hibs pocket extra cash

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Tin pot
    I’m maybe losing the plot here but in what possible way could moving kick off time to sell PPV rights for a big game possibly be classed as tin pot? If anything it’s probably the opposite of tin pot!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m maybe losing the plot here but in what possible way could moving kick off time to sell PPV rights for a big game possibly be classed as tin pot? If anything it’s probably the opposite of tin pot!
    moving the Kick Off time for a few extra ppv bucks is tin pot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Because football is a leisure activity mate, it shouldn't be a bloody chore.

Can you imagine a theatre or cinema putting their biggest attraction on at lunchtime making folk with a distance to travel have to get up at 7am just to get there with no prospect of a meal beforehand. Not a bloody chance ............ only fitba fans are taken for granted like this.

Bad enough when that's because of a contract you've more or less been compelled to sign up to ..... a hell of a lot worse when it's a decision you didn't have to make, but have made anyway without so much as a by your leave to the folk who keep the club afloat, or it appears any consideration of how it will effect the day they were looking forward to enjoying.

It's simply not good enough.

You know the time/date of cinema or theatre b4 buying your tix so not a good comparison.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    You know the time/date of cinema or theatre b4 buying your tix so not a good comparison.
    To be fair plenty probably booked travel etc based on the time and date previously publicised.

moving the Kick Off time for a few extra ppv bucks is tin pot.
    ’a few extra PPV bucks’

It’s easy to say that when it’s not your job to balance the books. It’s not Tin Pot, it’s the reality of the situation we are in where we need to maximise every possible potential income.

£1.5m we lost last year wasn’t it? If we will make more money doing it this way then it’s a no brainer.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

’a few extra PPV bucks’

It’s easy to say that when it’s not your job to balance the books. It’s not Tin Pot, it’s the reality of the situation we are in where we need to maximise every possible potential income.

£1.5m we lost last year wasn’t it? If we will make more money doing it this way then it’s a no brainer.
    I'll agree to disagree but it's pretty tin pot in my eyes, along the same lines as Dundee not turning on their under soil heating to save some money.

Following on from their cowardly silence regards the Huns, this latest episode shows Kensall and the rest don't give a **** about the fans who regularly attend ER.

Cash is King in their corporate world and supporters are just treated as mugs.

I've attended home and away for years on end now, and this is the first time in years that I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket.

**** kick-off times, poor performances, cowardly submission to the Old Firm hordes, and on a personal level, less disposable income, and wanting to spend more time with my daughter/family means I just don't feel as engaged with the club as I once was.

Decisions like today exacerbate that feeling further.

I'll agree to disagree but it's pretty tin pot in my eyes, along the same lines as Dundee not turning on their under soil heating to save some money.
    That caused a game to get cancelled, how’s that comparable?!

This isn’t us looking for a way to save a few quid, it’s exploring an opportunity to make a lot of money.

When you look at the increased costs of running a business, the money we lost last year and the fact we’re trying to close the financial gap on the teams above us, it would be irresponsible of the people running the club not to do this.

If that means some people can’t make it now that’s a shame but in most cases it just means they’ll still be tasting toothpaste when they have their first beer, it’s no big deal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That caused a game to get cancelled, how’s that comparable?!

This isn’t us looking for a way to save a few quid, it’s exploring an opportunity to make a lot of money.

When you look at the increased costs of running a business, the money we lost last year and the fact we’re trying to close the financial gap on the teams above us, it would be irresponsible of the people running the club not to do this.

If that means some people can’t make it now that’s a shame but in most cases it just means they’ll still be tasting toothpaste when they have their first beer, it’s no big deal.
    why don't we just go we whole way and get a plastic pitch and start closing stands to save a few bucks, let's start playing the the Tony Macaroni presents Easter Road or whatever the hell they would call it. There's certain decisions that I feel would be a step too far. Moving a Kick Off time to inconvenience attenders for some extra PPV bucks is one of them and is tin pot.

Trying to chisel an extra few quid is a necessity, did we not lose £1.5m last year and still need to try and close the gap wherever possible on the teams above us?
    I presume the loss was as a result of the upgrades to hospitality in the West which we will start recouping this season.

We’re not trying to make a bit extra money to line the pockets of anybody, it’s to help the club.
    Majority of fans on here want us to make the deal for Youann permanent, almost regardless of cost, they want us to sign Fish permanently if we can and they want us to finish 3rd.
    The buy option for Youan is probably between £300 and £500k which isn't excessive so will happen.
    Fish is a non starter.
    Finishing 3rd is highly unlikely in the next few years for million of pounds worth of reasons. I expect a much more consistent Hearts next season.
    All in my opinion.

All these things cost money and need paid for. Makes complete sense to do this game as PPV, I am guessing we couldn’t do that until Sky confirmed they didn’t want to show the game. The next best option would be Saturday night however I am guessing the police would need a say in this and every chance they’ve said no.
    Agreed re Saturday night. As I say dodgy firesticks have burned a big hole in the PPV market so I can't see us making muck money from this move.
    I also don’t think a months notice to give an employer is unreasonable. It all depends on the job and the employer
    I get we want to make some extra money but can't help feeling that pissing off season ticket holders is a poor long term strategy in the current economic climate.

’a few extra PPV bucks’

That loss was attributable to decisions made from the execs within our club, whether that’s sacking JR, hiring someone who should never have got past the interview stage, signing players on personal recommendations (melk), signing players by mistake etc etc

I’d much prefer they focussed their efforts on maximising prize money, rather than scrambling about for some PPV crumbs

Posters above are correct to call this out as tin pot

why don't we just go we whole way and get a plastic pitch and start closing stands to save a few bucks, let's start playing the the Tony Macaroni presents Easter Road or whatever the hell they would call it. There's certain decisions that I feel would be a step too far. Moving a Kick Off time to inconvenience attenders for some extra PPV bucks is one of them and is tin pot.
    Kick off times being moved for big games has been part and parcel of football for over 20 years now.

If you were planning on attending and expected it to be at 3pm on Saturday you very nearly got lucky however the fact the club can make money out of moving it means it makes absolute sense to do so.

We aren’t doing this to fund anybody but our own club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Kick off times being moved for big games has been part and parcel of football for over 20 years now.

If you were planning on attending and expected it to be at 3pm on Saturday you very nearly got lucky however the fact the club can make money out of moving it means it makes absolute sense to do so.

Like I said, agree to disagree. You would prefer the books balanced, I would prefer the attending fans were treated with a bit more respect. Some ppv bucks is a bit different to a multi million pound TV deal.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Poor decision, especially since many fans from both sides will have already made travel plans etc. Fans shafted again.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Regular

It boils down to Hibs selling the interests of Hibs fans out to make more money from Hearts fans.

Thats an embarrassment on many levels.
    Last edited by James Stephen; 15-03-2023 at 02:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have no logical opposition to this if it is the club maximising income. That is sensible.

However, as an out of town supporter, travelling to the game and enjoying the prematch pub, build up and banter and a few pints this completely ruins the day. It means an early departure for the supporters bus, no relaxing build up in a hostelry of one’s choice and straight down to the game then straight back on the bus afterwards. Just makes it all a bit routine and not as enjoyable an experience.

I’ll live and will deal with it but I ****ing hate early kick offs.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    That loss was attributable to decisions made from the execs within our club, whether that’s sacking JR, hiring someone who should never have got past the interview stage, signing players on personal recommendations (melk), signing players by mistake etc etc

I’d much prefer they focussed their efforts on maximising prize money, rather than scrambling about for some PPV crumbs

Posters above are correct to call this out as tin pot
    Bang on with all you say.

I'd be interested to know how many sales they actually expect to make on PPV? Almost everyone I know has access to an IPTV package ( either themselves or through friends/family) so can watch it for free.

Also the move has a serious chance of decreasing matchday ticket sales and far less chance of a sellout, as the ko time is just not as desireable.

There's a chance the move could actually cost Hibs money.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Also note that Hospitality packages are already sold put for the game ( on the basis of a 3pm ko). I imagine many who have purchased wont be happy with the change.

Games get moved for TV as part of an existing contract that is, one it is signed, outwith our control.

This game is being moved at relatively short notice at the insistence of no one but the club. I can't speak for others but as soon as Sky confirmed it wasn't being shown I made my plans for that day. Now I have to let someone down in the morning/early afternoon or miss the Hibs game. Again not speaking for others I tend to plan my weekends around Hibs games, you know a max of 4 or 5 home games a season will be moved for TV so you can sign your bairns up for activities or whatever on Saturday mornings knowing that the mad rush or having to make a choice weekends are few and far between. Football causes enough friction in my house without adding another such weekend into the mix.

Fans who buy STs or pay to attend games are every clubs bread and butter yet once again we are being inconvenienced so someone can sit at home on their sofa and watch the game. This will hit the crowd on the day and that impacts on us all. Of course the majority of ST holders will still attend despite this but it's just unnecessary bad feeling being caused. Clubs know how fans feel about lunchtime kick off, most of the time they escape the flak because it's aimed at Doncaster and the TV execs. On this occasion Hibs have got it wrong and a few PPV buys for a one off game is going to do the square root of **** all to offset the hole in our finances, it will be partially offset by the loss in walk up revenue anyway. There will be more people watching on dodgy firesticks than actually paying for it.

It's the kind of decision that puts a downer on the whole day for me before a ball is kicked. I had plans in the morning, time for a pint about 1.30 then along to the game. Now I'll leave a house with a bad atmosphere, straight to the game then straight home after. Haud me back.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    It boils down to Hibs selling the interests of Hibs fans out to make more money from Hearts fans.

Thats an embarrassment on many levels.
    Also gives Hibs fans who can’t attend the opportunity to see the game too though

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If you're that desperate to not to go ER but still watch a derby then pay the extra £10 a month for NordVPN as well as the cost of the PPV ticket. Hibs have a ****ing partnership with them, it's not hard.

It really is a ****ing mystery why we haven't beaten them at ER for five years, truly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Games get moved for TV as part of an existing contract that is, one it is signed, outwith our control.

This game is being moved at relatively short notice at the insistence of no one but the club. I can't speak for others but as soon as Sky confirmed it wasn't being shown I made my plans for that day. Now I have to let someone down in the morning/early afternoon or miss the Hibs game. Again not speaking for others I tend to plan my weekends around Hibs games, you know a max of 4 or 5 home games a season will be moved for TV so you can sign your bairns up for activities or whatever on Saturday mornings knowing that the mad rush or having to make a choice weekends are few and far between. Football causes enough friction in my house without adding another such weekend into the mix.

Fans who buy STs or pay to attend games are every clubs bread and butter yet once again we are being inconvenienced so someone can sit at home on their sofa and watch the game. This will hit the crowd on the day and that impacts on us all. Of course the majority of ST holders will still attend despite this but it's just unnecessary bad feeling being caused. Clubs know how fans feel about lunchtime kick off, most of the time they escape the flak because it's aimed at Doncaster and the TV execs. On this occasion Hibs have got it wrong and a few PPV buys for a one off game is going to do the square root of **** all to offset the hole in our finances, it will be partially offset by the loss in walk up revenue anyway. There will be more people watching on dodgy firesticks than actually paying for it.

It's the kind of decision that puts a downer on the whole day for me before a ball is kicked. I had plans in the morning, time for a pint about 1.30 then along to the game. Now I'll leave a house with a bad atmosphere, straight to the game then straight home after. Haud me back.
    Before the season started you would have admitted it was highly unlikely you will see a 3pm Saturday derby.

Hibs has given everyone 4 and half weeks notice of a 2.5 hours change to kick off. I don't think that's too bad.

If it had been from 3 to 5.30pm would there have been the same outcry.

To be fair it suits me as can watch it now. Shame not 11.30am kick off off I could have drove up.
    Cougars!!!

This was always going to happen. Commercially the club was always going to try and maximise any income around the most high profile fixtures, as they should.

I understand folk feeling a bit put out but Hibs are a business and will want to make as much extra revenue as possible to re-invest in the club.

I would have done the same if I was in charge of making this decision. Every penny counts.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Before the season started you would have admitted it was highly unlikely you will see a 3pm Saturday derby.

Hibs has given everyone 4 and half weeks notice of a 2.5 hours change to kick off. I don't think that's too bad.

If it had been from 3 to 5.30pm would there have been the same outcry.

To be fair it suits me as can watch it now. Shame not 11.30am kick off off I could have drove up.
    I didn't expect a 3pm derby. However as I said when Sky confirmed they wouldn't be showing the game I assumed that was that and made plans for earlier in the day. I didn't expect Hibs to then move the game so my plans are now ****ed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    This was always going to happen. Commercially the club was always going to try and maximise any income around the most high profile fixtures, as they should.

I understand folk feeling a bit put out but Hibs are a business and will want to make as much extra revenue as possible to re-invest in the club.

I would have done the same if I was in charge of making this decision. Every penny counts.
    Thats fine, but they shouldn't then be surprised if people start treating them like a business, and choosing not to just blindly give money for something, the quality of which is dubious, the time and delivery of which is uncertain.and subject to change. Oh, and other customers interests may well be put in front of yours. Roll up, roll up.