hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going against the grain here obviously, but as an international, this is good news for me!

Sorry all!
    Would the game not have been available on Hibs TV anyway for international viewers?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good news for me as I can now watch the derby and then attend the rugby at night.

Then again I could have watched it at 3pm just not through ppv so hibs get my cash now.
    Cougars!!!

The club pretend they pay attention to what fans are saying and that they keep an eye on social media. From what I've seen on Facebook ( no doubt the Bounce is showing the same reaction to this as here ) the reaction to this decision is almost universally negative, bordering on anger from most folk

This is different from a match being moved to suit SKY or the BBC as part of a contract every club has signed up to, leaving Hibs little choice. This is a decision the club has taken arbitrarily and clearly without giving a second thought to people who actually want to attend the match ... not least of all around 11,000 season ticket holders, the absolute lifeblood of the club and the bulk of it's week in week out support.

So far as I can see as far as any consideration of the fans goes Ben Kensell's approach to that was .... 'Ach F them, they'll bitch about it but they'll still come'

TAKEN FOR GRANTED .... Its that simple. Way to get the club and it's fans closer together Ben ..... NOT!!!

I’d prefer going to the game with a 3pm kick off. But what is it that makes an evening kick-off so much better?

We were never going to say ‘let’s make it 5.30 so everyone can get totally jaked-up before the game’, and 12.30 doesn’t really inconvenience 99% of folk travelling to the game?

Like I say, not ideal for me (personally would like the time for a couple of pints) and understand many feeling a bit put-out at missing out on a rare 3pm derby, but not sure I get the total outrage? Also more time for a party after a home win too.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Going against the grain here obviously, but as an international, this is good news for me!

Sorry all!
    Would be on Hibs TV for international subscribers anyway, no? It's been moved away from 3pm to allow PPV in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hibs saying at the request of both clubs
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...hange-hearts-h

Hearts saying at the request of the home club
    https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...f-time-changed
    If an adult misses more than one game a season ticket will cost them more than being a walk up. Most of us miss at least one due to work, illness, holiday etc and accept that but Hibs changing the time and date of games weeks before they take place means a lot of folk are missing even more games than before.
    My son, a long term season ticket holder isn't renewing due to moves like this and the Ross County game earlier in the season where the day of the game was changed. In the case of the Ross County game he had taken time off work so he could go to the game only to find out he couldn't go when Hibs made a late change of match day. He will now be a walk up, less driven and less stressed about getting time of work to attend every home game.
    Many hundreds of season ticket holders must be in the same boat for an array of reasons and will be considering whether to renew at a time where we need more season ticket holders not less.

Any kick off before 2pm is crap. Not only do our home matches get changed for TV but now there are changes for PPV which will make buttons given the firestickers choring it. 19 home games per season with the biggest ones scheduled all over the shop and now the club can't even be bothered to lie effectively. Suspect the Hearts story above is the right one.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 15-03-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    If an adult misses more than one game a season ticket will cost them more than being a walk up. Most of us miss at least one and accept that but Hibs changing the time and date of games weeks before they take place means a lot of folk are missing more games than before.
    My son, a long term season ticket holder isn't renewing due to moves like this and the Ross County game earlier in the season where the day of the game was changed. In the case of the Ross County game he had taken time off work so he could go to the game only to find out he couldn't go when Hibs made a late change of match day.
    Many hundreds of season ticket holders must be in the same boat for an array of reasons and will be considering whether to renew at a time where we need more supporters not less.
    P.S. any kick off before 2pm is crap. Not only do our matches get changed for TV but now there are changes for PPV which will make buttons given the firestickers.
    19 home games per season with the biggest ones scheduled all over the shop.
    I never realised that was the case re your first line. If that’s the case I don’t think STs are great value! And sort of get why things like this would put some off securing one through ‘loyalty’

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Yaaaaaas can now go before work, ya dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I’d prefer going to the game with a 3pm kick off. But what is it that makes an evening kick-off so much better?

We were never going to say ‘let’s make it 5.30 so everyone can get totally jaked-up before the game’, and 12.30 doesn’t really inconvenience 99% of folk travelling to the game?

Like I say, not ideal for me (personally would like the time for a couple of pints) and understand many feeling a bit put-out at missing out on a rare 3pm derby, but not sure I get the total outrage? Also more time for a party after a home win too.
    Because football is a leisure activity mate, it shouldn't be a bloody chore.

Can you imagine a theatre or cinema putting their biggest attraction on at lunchtime making folk with a distance to travel have to get up at 7am just to get there with no prospect of a meal beforehand. Not a bloody chance ............ only fitba fans are taken for granted like this.

Bad enough when that's because of a contract you've more or less been compelled to sign up to ..... a hell of a lot worse when it's a decision you didn't have to make, but have made anyway without so much as a by your leave to the folk who keep the club afloat, or it appears any consideration of how it will effect the day they were looking forward to enjoying.

It's simply not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Because football is a leisure activity mate, it shouldn't be a bloody chore.

Can you imagine a theatre or cinema putting their biggest attraction on at lunchtime making folk with a distance to travel have to get up at 7am just to get there with no prospect of a meal beforehand. Not a bloody chance ............ only fitba fans are taken for granted like this.

Bad enough when that's because of a contract you've more or less been compelled to sign up to ..... a hell of a lot worse when it's a decision you didn't have to make, but have made anyway without so much as a by your leave to the folk who keep the club afloat, or it appears any consideration of how it will effect the day they were looking forward to enjoying.

It's simply not good enough.
    The cinema and theatre wouldn’t have them on at 3pm in the first place though. Not really a fair comparison.

I get it’s not ideal. Like I say, I’d prefer 3pm too. I just don’t think 2 and a half hours makes a world of difference (other than alcohol).

The cinema and theatre wouldn’t have them on at 3pm in the first place though. Not really a fair comparison.

I get it’s not ideal. Like I say, I’d prefer 3pm too. I just don’t think 2 and a half hours makes a world of difference (other than alcohol).
    It does for those travelling from outside the city.

Alcohol is one of the issues, I initially thought the Police may request it be brought forward for that very reason. It suits me so I am delighted but can see how so many will be angry/frustrated.

Do you think we gain as much home advantage at 12.30pm vs 3pm? (Worth noting that this is pretty much a must win for us, if we have any 3rd placed aspirations)

I certainly believe the home support will be more subdued, jambos will likely still be up for it simply due to away support demographics

In addition to the reduced home advantage, this also reduces our chances of maximising gate receipts, as some folk may now just choose to watch online

I totally agree with NN above, we are being taken for granted here and this is just the latest in a long line of TERRIBLE decision coming from our current execs

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It does for those travelling from outside the city.
    Which includes me. Still not a world of difference, I’ll need to get out my bed when I usually lie-in on a Saturday.

I get it, I’m not trying to tell people it makes no odds at all and I’d really rather they hadn’t done it. Obviously it’s irked folk a good bit more than me so I won’t persist in playing it down 👍

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t particularly like early kick offs and would prefer it kicked off later.

Can’t always get what you want though so it’s no drama, good we are able to do it as PPV, hopefully the club make some decent money out of it and I’m pleased people who can’t get to the game will be able to see it.

Don’t care how it affects the size of the crowd, I’ll be there and thats all I need to worry about. If anybody else decides they would prefer to watch it on a live stream, that’s none of my business and good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Do you think we gain as much home advantage at 12.30pm vs 3pm? (Worth noting that this is pretty much a must win for us, if we have any 3rd placed aspirations)

I certainly believe the home support will be more subdued, jambos will likely still be up for it simply due to away support demographics

In addition to the reduced home advantage, this also reduces our chances of maximising gate receipts, as some folk may now just choose to watch online

I totally agree with NN above, we are being taken for granted here and this is just the latest in a long line of TERRIBLE decision coming from our current execs
    FWIW I don’t think it makes any difference to our home advantage, no. However if it affects gate receipts as badly as you’re thinking then clearly that’s a significant negative.

@hibs.net private member
    Suits me but still don't think it was a good decision

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Alcohol is one of the issues, I initially thought the Police may request it be brought forward for that very reason. It suits me so I am delighted but can see how so many will be angry/frustrated.
    I just hope you’re going to leave right on 90 to get those fish suppers prepped for us!! 😍

FWIW I don’t think it makes any difference to our home advantage, no. However if it affects gate receipts as badly as you’re thinking then clearly that’s a significant negative.
    Any shortfall in gate receipt income will be made up from people buying it on PPV.

I agree with you, i don’t think it will impact our home advantage either.

I just hope you’re going to leave right on 90 to get those fish suppers prepped for us!! 😍
    I’ll get there in time, no worries about that 😀

Would be interesting to see a poll on not only fans that are going but ones like myself that won't be going , to see how many prefer a early kick-off . I'd wager the vast majority would be against it .

I never realised that was the case re your first line. If that’s the case I don’t think STs are great value! And sort of get why things like this would put some off securing one through ‘loyalty’
    I haven't worked it out properly but if you payed £420 for an adult season ticket this season it costs you £22 a game for 19 games which is fair enough but most of us miss games. Miss 2 games and you are up to £25 a game and the advantage of the flexibility of being a walk up becomes appealing.
    We all want to help the club, so much that we even bought season tickets when we couldn't attend due to the covid epidemic.
    However, it's feeling like a one way street now and ruining the derby by kicking off at 1230 hrs in order to chisel an extra few quid is another example.
    I'm going to miss sitting next to my son at home games starting next season after so many years but I understand trying to get time off work to attend home games is a stress for him which Hibs are making worse with their unnecessary late time and day match changes.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 15-03-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hibs saying at the request of both clubs
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...hange-hearts-h

Hearts saying at the request of the home club
    https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...f-time-changed

If the jumbos article is true and its a big IF..

This is joke. moving it forward has zero impact on PPV. are the many more people in OZ /NZ going to PPV with a midnight KO instead of say 2am?

In the USA it will be one even earlier KO so nae use there either.

The Club need to come clean on this decision.

The only time we had a 3pm derby at home in years that would sell out the stadium, and give fans attending a proper family day out has been blown.

@hibs.net private member
    If an adult misses more than one game a season ticket will cost them more than being a walk up. Most of us miss at least one due to work, illness, holiday etc and accept that but Hibs changing the time and date of games weeks before they take place means a lot of folk are missing even more games than before.
    My son, a long term season ticket holder isn't renewing due to moves like this and the Ross County game earlier in the season where the day of the game was changed. In the case of the Ross County game he had taken time off work so he could go to the game only to find out he couldn't go when Hibs made a late change of match day. He will now be a walk up, less driven and less stressed about getting time of work to attend every home game.
    Many hundreds of season ticket holders must be in the same boat for an array of reasons and will be considering whether to renew at a time where we need more season ticket holders not less.

Any kick off before 2pm is crap. Not only do our home matches get changed for TV but now there are changes for PPV which will make buttons given the firestickers choring it. 19 home games per season with the biggest ones scheduled all over the shop and now the club can't even be bothered to lie effectively. Suspect the Hearts story above is the right one.
    I’m in the same boat as your son.

I’ve said elsewhere that I’ve not really massively enjoyed watching Hibs for a few years now but things like this are really putting me off. I now have to decide between going to the game and doing other things where as before I would have been able to do both. I’ve missed about 6 games this season and it’s really just becoming a massive waste of money for me to get a season ticket next season because I’d likely miss similar again next year (and that’s before considering the fact I’m not particularly enjoying watching us anyway).

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

This is joke. moving it forward has zero impact on PPV. are the many more people in OZ /NZ going to PPV with a midnight KO instead of say 2am?

The only time we had a 3pm derby at home in years that would sell out the stadium, and give fans attending a proper family day out has been blown.
    It's for PPV in the UK – you can't do that if it's 3pm on a Saturday. Would be available internationally regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Would be interesting to see a poll on not only fans that are going but ones like myself that won't be going , to see how many prefer a early kick-off . I'd wager the vast majority would be against it .
    I’ve absolutely no doubt about it, 90%+. People like me, who would prefer 3pm but just aren’t as upset as others, would still vote against.

I haven't worked it out properly but if you payed £420 for an adult season ticket this season it costs you £22 a game for 19 games which is fair enough but most of us miss games. Miss 2 games and you are up to £25 a game.
    We all want to help the club, so much that we even bought season tickets when we couldn't attend due to the covid epidemic.
    However, it's feeling like a one way street now and ruining the derby by kicking off at 1230 hrs in order to chisel an extra few quid is another example.
    I'm going to miss sitting next to my son at home games starting next season after so many years but I understand trying to get time off work to attend home games is an unnecessary stress which Hibs are making worse with their unnecessary late time and day match changes.
    I think you’re probably about right. In an ideal world people are buying season tickets to ensure they have a seat at every game they can attend (as well as any benefit of saving cash).. but we’re obviously a long way from that.

I haven't worked it out properly but if you payed £420 for an adult season ticket this season it costs you £22 a game for 19 games which is fair enough but most of us miss games. Miss 2 games and you are up to £25 a game.
    I'm going to miss sitting next to my son at home games starting next season but I understand trying to get time off work to attend home games is an unnecessary stress which Hibs are making worse with their unnecessary late changes.
    Trying to chisel an extra few quid is a necessity, did we not lose £1.5m last year and still need to try and close the gap wherever possible on the teams above us?

We’re not trying to make a bit extra money to line the pockets of anybody, it’s to help the club.

Majority of fans on here want us to make the deal for Youann permanent, almost regardless of cost, they want us to sign Fish permanently if we can and they want us to finish 3rd.

All these things cost money and need paid for. Makes complete sense to do this game as PPV, I am guessing we couldn’t do that until Sky confirmed they didn’t want to show the game. The next best option would be Saturday night however I am guessing the police would need a say in this and every chance they’ve said no. I also don’t think a months notice to give an employer is unreasonable.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well that has stopped me attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

I’d suggest anybody making a family day out of this game will benefit from the early kick off as the atmosphere won’t be as hostile and toxic as it would have been if it was an evening kick off.

Derbies are hardly ever 3pm on a Saturday so I don’t see the fuss.