hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Blue Jam

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

Blue Jam

Just discovered this. Absolutely mental.

Also totally wild, because it's sort of like a podcast before podcasts were a thing, somehow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Have you seen the TV series that spawned from it?

It was on Channel 4. Just called Jam. I had the DVD but it seems to have been misplaced during a house move. Not sure if it's available on All4. Very funny if unsettling.

Here's me thinking it was a thread about blueberry jam,

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Only heard the radio shows, can’t remember why I didn’t see it on TV. Gawr bless the 90s!

i don’t remember much about it other than it being really funny and really strange. I think it was written by a combination of Chris Morris and the Big Train crowd, probably more Morris than Big Train. The doctor who kisses it better is about the only character I can properly remember but there was some great tuneage going on as well, albeit very much of its time.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only heard the radio shows, can’t remember why I didn’t see it on TV. Gawr bless the 90s!

i don’t remember much about it other than it being really funny and really strange. I think it was written by a combination of Chris Morris and the Big Train crowd, probably more Morris than Big Train. The doctor who kisses it better is about the only character I can properly remember but there was some great tuneage going on as well, albeit very much of its time.
    A lot of the TV show is on YouTube, the intro to the 1st episode gives an idea of what time expect:

https://youtu.be/WhYyjhXyLZw

I'm sure episodes were only about 20 minutes long as Morris didn't want an ad break interrupting the atmosphere he was building. Most of the Big Train lot who were on the radio were also involved either on screen or writing with the TV show; Graham Lineham was heavily involved albeit that probably isn't a huge selling point these days.

I had a really terrible sleep pattern in my teens and I would listen to Blue Jam, must've been late 90's? Thought it was hilarious as a 16 year old as you'd imagine. Discovered a few bands I've stuck with throughout the years like Morcheeba and Sneaker Pimps. I sometimes frequent the cook'd and bomb'd forums where a load of lovely mad *******s tend to hang out.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of the TV show is on YouTube, the intro to the 1st episode gives an idea of what time expect:

https://youtu.be/WhYyjhXyLZw

I'm sure episodes were only about 20 minutes long as Morris didn't want an ad break interrupting the atmosphere he was building. Most of the Big Train lot who were on the radio were also involved either on screen or writing with the TV show; Graham Lineham was heavily involved albeit that probably isn't a huge selling point these days.
    Thanks for this.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars