hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sign fish.

@hibs.net private member

Sign fish.

Get it done hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ron's son has done well getting him in.

No chance in the short term. Signed a new deal at United before they sent him here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance in the short term. Signed a new deal at United before they sent him here.
    Once the qatari's take over it'll be a fire sale for the young guys like Fish

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    He's a player.
    Wonder if we can get him for next season too.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Once the qatari's take over it'll be a fire sale for the young guys like Fish
    Will it? Why would that change?

He'll never start for United but the aim will still be to loan him to the championship or something and get 5-10 million for him.

No chance - if he bombs (thankfully does not look like that now - quite a change now he is at CH with Hanlon talking him through things) he will go back to Mn U - if he does very well he will go back to ManU and either be sold to bigger club for decent money or loaned again at a higher level to keep developing him

No chance, Man Utd still view him as a player out there gaining experience for the future for them.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    No chance, Man Utd still view him as a player out there gaining experience for the future for them.
    Gaining experience to make him a better player so tgey will get more for him when they move him on. For his sake I'd love to see him make the big time at United but he wont.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    More likely if he does well he will go on loan again in the English championship

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    More likely if he does well he will go on loan again in the English championship
    I don’t think we’ll be able to get him to sign permanently at this stage but don’t see that it wouldn’t be in the interests of all parties for us to have him for another year?

Another very good performance from him anyhow.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don’t think we’ll be able to get him to sign permanently at this stage but don’t see that it wouldn’t be in the interests of all parties for us to have him for another year?

Another very good performance from him anyhow.
    Suppose it may come down to money and the player, he may see the English championship as a step up, more clubs down there will prob be able to pay a higher loan fee or more wages

Defence looks good with fish and hanlon … not something I thought when Porto left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of his passing in the first half was brilliant

Solid defensively too

Strolling it played very well again not really missing Porto

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Distribution was very good today and a threat at set pieces

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Suppose it may come down to money and the player, he may see the English championship as a step up, more clubs down there will prob be able to pay a higher loan fee or more wages
    Would they guarantee him a game every week at this stage though?

He looks like he's at the point where he needs to play every week at the highest level he'll be afforded that privilege in order to continue his development.

Going to sit on the bench in the Championship would be a backward step for him and I don't know if anyone there would be likely to guarantee him a game.

Some excellent players have benefited from playing regularly in Scotland's top league and I think it could be in his interests, Man Utd's interests and our own for him to stay with us a bit longer.

He looked to be playing a bit within himself to begin with, taking care of the defensive stuff and not being too ambitious when on the ball but some of his passing today was superb, as was his defensive positioning and anticipation. It was a really good performance from him.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    He's a player.
    Wonder if we can get him for next season too.
    Yes, that would be great. We can't afford to buy him, even if United are willing to sell.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Mad that Hoppe got man of the match.

Clearly should have been Fish.

Fish was excellent. Won everything and got himself a goal. Top player.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Would they guarantee him a game every week at this stage though?

He looks like he's at the point where he needs to play every week at the highest level he'll be afforded that privilege in order to continue his development.

Going to sit on the bench in the Championship would be a backward step for him and I don't know if anyone there would be likely to guarantee him a game.

Some excellent players have benefited from playing regularly in Scotland's top league and I think it could be in his interests, Man Utd's interests and our own for him to stay with us a bit longer.

He looked to be playing a bit within himself to begin with, taking care of the defensive stuff and not being too ambitious when on the ball but some of his passing today was superb, as was his defensive positioning and anticipation. It was a really good performance from him.
    If he continues to play well who’s to say he will be on the bench with a championship team?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Didn’t see it coming. He’s been brilliant since breaking into the first team and we look far, far better as a defensive unit post Porto.

Filling some big boots.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Didn’t see it coming. He’s been brilliant since breaking into the first team and we look far, far better as a defensive unit post Porto.

Filling some big boots.
    I don’t mean this to sound like I’m talking down Fish but I think a lot of that is to do with Jeggo.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t mean this to sound like I’m talking down Fish but I think a lot of that is to do with Jeggo.
    Agreed, but if anything I think Fish has been vital in aerial battles at set pieces too.

Fish, Jeggo, Hanlon, and CJ were all supreme today.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Definitely is.

It no coincidence that since he came in defenders who were maligned are now getting praised and the like of Newell, Campbell and Henderson all look far more productive as well.

Take nothing away from those players but a proper defensive midfielder doing the dirty work, picking the ball up deep, recycling possession and keeping it simple has made a huge difference.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If there's a chance to either sign him or keep him on loan for another year we should be all over it. Looks like a real player. Fantastic in the air defensively and offensively, quick, drives forward and can find a pass.

Was ace today.

And Jeggos penalty box block in the 2nd half was what we have exactly been missing. Some challenge.

GGTTH

I hope when he does go back to Man Utd that he feels his experience here has been positive.

It would be nice to have a link up there to get another couple of his calibre in on loan. They'll have a pathway for loans of which the Scottish Premiership or similar will be one step, if we can benefit from that going forwards then that would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I hope when he does go back to Man Utd that he feels his experience here has been positive.

It would be nice to have a link up there to get another couple of his calibre in on loan. They'll have a pathway for loans of which the Scottish Premiership or similar will be one step, if we can benefit from that going forwards then that would be welcome.
    LJ deserves huge credit for him too. It would have been easy for him to ditch him after the derby but he’s stuck with him and he’s improved a lot recently.

When you see that guy we got from Boro who had one disaster and then dropped now playing every week for Swansea and getting rave reviews, you wonder if he was actually a good player just managed badly.

If I was a coach of the young players at Man Utd I would be taking a lot of notice of that.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He’ll get the plaudits for the goal, but his all round performance was absolutely first class.

Looks comfortable and confident and I really enjoyed watching him this afternoon.