hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Injury updates

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll go to right back if JN comes back in.

Those who are surprised that Newell would go straight back in have quickly forgotten the Rangers game where be was a massive miss. Nobody got their foot on the ball that night in the way he and JDH do.
    Was he a massive miss? He was in the team for the 4-0 and 6-1 against Celtic earlier this season, he was in it for the 3-0 skelping by Hearts in the league, in the team for an absolute horsing up at Pittodrie.

The rangers game was a horror show for everyone. To suggest it was because we didn’t have Newell in the team to put his foot on the ball is a bit of a stretch imo.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Whether Newell comes in or not it’s good to have more options in midfield with him and JDH back.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    He'll go to right back if JN comes back in.

Those who are surprised that Newell would go straight back in have quickly forgotten the Rangers game where be was a massive miss. Nobody got their foot on the ball that night in the way he and JDH do.
    Newell wouldn’t have made much noticeable difference in that Rangers game IMO. The whole team were so far off it. We’ve seen that kind of performance multiple times before, was a fairly common occurrence out of the blue under Ross. Newell has his attributes but dragging a struggling team back into the game isn’t one IMO. To be fair there’s not been many who could, Super John was really good in those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    It’s Motherwell we’re playing at home simple we need the most attack minded midfielders keeping in mind Elie is suspended no need for any defensive mids
    So drop Jeggo and Egan Riley?

Egan Reilly is less comfortable in midfield and better suited to RB I think.

Don't get me wrong he's done a great job in Midfield for us but I think we drop Cadden, shift Reilly over the RB then midfield of Jeggo, Campbell and either JDH or Newell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post

Don't get me wrong he's done a great job in Midfield for us but I think we drop Cadden, shift Reilly over the RB then midfield of Jeggo, Campbell and either JDH or Newell.

Then that's harsh on Miller who played well and was many folks man of the match against Celtic. Think Miller needs a run of games in the team.

Good news for Rocky hopefully back for a couple games before the end of the season, the guy seems a warrior and he was on good form.

Another setback for Kyle is disappointing but nothing new.

Regarding team selection for Motherwell it's a good headache for LJ as would be harsh for Miller to get dropped at right back maybe he played well due to the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Was he a massive miss? He was in the team for the 4-0 and 6-1 against Celtic earlier this season, he was in it for the 3-0 skelping by Hearts in the league, in the team for an absolute horsing up at Pittodrie.

The rangers game was a horror show for everyone. To suggest it was because we didn’t have Newell in the team to put his foot on the ball is a bit of a stretch imo.
    Aye well Josh C played in all of those games as well as the Rangers game so maybe he should drop out? ;-)

I'm only kidding and I actually don't want to get involved in a Joe Newell debate!

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    None of those 3 should be dropping out.
    Egan Riley and jeggo are both very poor when under any sort of pressure in possession.

When everyone is fit only one of them should be starting in centre mid, I'd like to see CJ at right back with either JDH or Newell partnering him.

Campbell had been playing as a 10 so isn't really competing with Newell for a place in the team right now

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Newell wouldn’t have made much noticeable difference in that Rangers game IMO. The whole team were so far off it. We’ve seen that kind of performance multiple times before, was a fairly common occurrence out of the blue under Ross. Newell has his attributes but dragging a struggling team back into the game isn’t one IMO. To be fair there’s not been many who could, Super John was really good in those times.

No way of knowing for sure but our biggest weakness that game was the inability of our midfield to retain the ball when pressed. That's Newell's biggest strength imo so while I don't think the result would be different I think we'd have given them a better game had he been playing.

Jeggo and CJ were both utterly hopeless in tight spaces or under pressure that night. Neither of them are ever going to dribble out through a tight press, or play a line breaking reverse pass, so when we're playing a double pivot only one of them should be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post

It would be very harsh to drop Lewis Miller after the good game he had against Celtic , for me he should keep his place as our right back . I wouldn't drop Cadden either as he's more suited to right midfield than our other midfielders and he has a good attacking threat and puts in good crosses .

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Good news for Rocky hopefully back for a couple games before the end of the season, the guy seems a warrior and he was on good form.

Another setback for Kyle is disappointing but nothing new.

Regarding team selection for Motherwell it's a good headache for LJ as would be harsh for Miller to get dropped at right back maybe he played well due to the set up.
    Can’t say I agree re Rocky. He has improved but I don’t rate him overly in truth

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Can’t say I agree re Rocky. He has improved but I don’t rate him overly in truth
    For me Rocky would be on the bench instead of Devlin if he was fit, we are not dropping Hanlon or Fish

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Yep Fish is on a different level as far as I'm concerned.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yep Fish is on a different level as far as I'm concerned.
    Yip, Fish is higher up on the perch than Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yip, Fish is higher up on the perch than Rocky.
    Play them both - Fish would sit in behind the Rock, then dart out to claim any scraps that drifted past him.