Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Yasssss! Well in young man

Doidge and Dimitri Mitchell scored today as well

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doidge and Dimitri Mitchell scored today as well
    Along with the above, good few ex Hibs players on the scoresheet today.

JMac (2)
    Cummings (2)
    Stevie Fletcher
    James collins
    Ruiri Paton
    Matty yates

Josh Vela, Liam Fontaine and Brian Graham received red cards

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post

Josh Vela,
    Now that's someone I was bitterly disappointed with. Seen him a few times before he came to us and was impressed, looked half the player we expected after he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Along with the above, good few ex Hibs players on the scoresheet today.

JMac (2)
    Cummings (2)
    Stevie Fletcher
    James collins
    Ruiri Paton
    Matty yates

Josh Vela, Liam Fontaine and Brian Graham received red cards
    I can't remember Matty Yates?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I can't remember Matty Yates?

Came to us from Rangers I believe, didn't make the grade and went to Stranraer. Sure he was the pre match interview before we played them in the Scottish a couple of seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Now that's someone I was bitterly disappointed with. Seen him a few times before he came to us and was impressed, looked half the player we expected after he signed.

Think he's done quite well since going back down south. Struggled to settle up here, no doubt he's a decent player, just didn't work out for him here.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    How long before he joined us did you see him play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vela is one of the worst players I've ever seen for Hibs, still couldn't tell you what type of player he is

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    How long before he joined us did you see him play?

Can't remember now but remember I had seen him for Bolton a few times and was impressed. Guess the decline had been evident before he joined us?

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Can't remember now but remember I had seen him for Bolton a few times and was impressed. Guess the decline had been evident before he joined us?
    Yes, he went way off the boil. Too interested in the Billy big time bollocks and constantly out with bad influencers. He had been poor on the pitch for quite some time. Can’t remember who signed him for us but that was a shocker

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Yes, he went way off the boil. Too interested in the Billy big time bollocks and constantly out with bad influencers. He had been poor on the pitch for quite some time. Can’t remember who signed him for us but that was a shocker

Hecky

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Scored for Watford today in a 2 all draw 👍💚
    Yup, good for him. just seen it on the EFL highlights and it was a nice header. Doubt the manager will be as impressed by them chucking away a 2 goal lead though.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Yup, good for him. just seen it on the EFL highlights and it was a nice header. Doubt the manager will be as impressed by them chucking away a 2 goal lead though.
    Not saying its all down to Porteous leaving but we are harder to score against, now that we are doing the basics more competently at the back.

The only goal we've conceded since he took his Hollywood defending down south is a goal that var should have chalked off.

Hope Ryan reaches his potential, but a good coach will be showing him Ginelly's opener in the cup Derby, over and over, and saying him why let a ball bounce, do hearts want to get a throw (no) or to sucker you into conceding a cheap free kick (thanks Ryan), and that's before we get to the defending on the free kick itself.

We don't lose that goal if Fish plays instead & just nods the initial hoof out for a throw.

Just a coincidence Rocky and Porto are not currently in the equation just now and we look right at the back.

Might be harsh on Rocky but for to long we have over played at the back - opposition teams knew a loose pass could be on the cards from Porto and secondly press Rocky quick.

Fish and Hanlon could be just what we need. No thrill, do the basics. Clean sheet at Paisley 10/10

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Just a coincidence Rocky and Porto are not currently in the equation just now and we look right at the back.

Might be harsh on Rocky but for to long we have over played at the back - opposition teams knew a loose pass could be on the cards from Porto and secondly press Rocky quick.

Fish and Hanlon could be just what we need. No thrill, do the basics. Clean sheet at Paisley 10/10
    We're playing with an actual defensive mid, cutting out a lot more counter attacking and less susceptible on the turnover of play.

Soon we'll do what we done with Gogic, forget what he contributed to the team overall because he's mediocre on the ball, punt him and wonder why we seem so soft.

Testimonial Due
    Doidge's goal was very Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Doidge's goal was very Doidge.
    Didn't see it. Was it heading for the corner flag but hit a defender then bounced off his arse?

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    We're playing with an actual defensive mid, cutting out a lot more counter attacking and less susceptible on the turnover of play.

Soon we'll do what we done with Gogic, forget what he contributed to the team overall because he's mediocre on the ball, punt him and wonder why we seem so soft.
    Never ceases to amaze me how many fans don't recognize how important that role is and don't see how it impacts defenders doing their job

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    Didn't see it. Was it heading for the corner flag but hit a defender then bounced off his arse?
    Ball bouncing around the box, heading goalwards towards the goalie who was already on the deck, Doidge followed it in & fell over the goalie with the ball going in first - I couldn't
    see any contact but he was given it so must have touched it. Classic Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I think he is best suited to a back 3, he can sweep and bring the ball out from the back and push into a midfield position to get the ball forward. In a back 2 he leaves his partner a little over exposed perhaps?

For somebody like Ryan Porteous who's left a club playing top flight football to join a club in another country playing in its 2nd league and might not get into the top league he could at least show the league he's left a bit of respect without trying to degrade it . Sadly becoming a very big headed individual and I've gone right off him in the way he's acted before and after he's left .

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    For somebody like Ryan Porteous who's left a club playing top flight football to join a club in another country playing in its 2nd league and might not get into the top league he could at least show the league he's left a bit of respect without trying to degrade it . Sadly becoming a very big headed individual and I've gone right off him in the way he's acted before and after he's left .
    What did he say?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Maybe playing against Reading the quality was a but better than St Mirren and Ross County? He's getting good money from Watford he's OK to play up to their fanbase.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What did he say?
    Porteous claims the standard in the English Championship is much higher

"It was good," Porteous said. "I think the tempo is pretty similar to Scotland. I think the quality is a lot better.

"I enjoyed it. It's end-to-end stuff. As I said, it's pretty similar to what I've been used to so hopefully I can gel in quite nice."

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What did he say?
    Just saying the quality much higher , harder league and so on . Don't think there's any call to downgrade the league he's left personally.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Porteous claims the standard in the English Championship is much higher

"It was good," Porteous said. "I think the tempo is pretty similar to Scotland. I think the quality is a lot better.

"I enjoyed it. It's end-to-end stuff. As I said, it's pretty similar to what I've been used to so hopefully I can gel in quite nice."
    Absolutely nothing in that comment at all in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Championship does have higher quality than the Premiership up here, simply as they have more money.

It's not exactly rocket science.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    He Doidged it over the line.