hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Jim Goodwin

Makes you wonder what kind of club Aberdeen are when the man is sacked minutes after the final whistle, never heard of this happening before and could they not have waited at least until tomorrow to do this ? Not a great fan of Goodwin but surely there should have been a bit of dignity about the whole thing , a bit of a poisoned chalice if you take the job at Aberdeen ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Did he mention the blatant dive by Duk in the penalty box ?

Don't let the door hit you on the way oot , Bellend

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Did Jack Ross not get sacked straight after the Livingston game or soon after it?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes you wonder what kind of club Aberdeen are when the man is sacked minutes after the final whistle, never heard of this happening before and could they not have waited at least until tomorrow to do this ? Not a great fan of Goodwin but surely there should have been a bit of dignity about the whole thing , a bit of a poisoned chalice if you take the job at Aberdeen ?
    He would have been told beat Hibs or bye bye

@hibs.net private member
    I’ll go against the grain, I actually quite like the guy. Disgraceful way for any employer to treat an employee.

What was the point in waiting, would've had the Aberdeen fans seething. Everyone knew it was coming unless they got a good result today.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    He should have went after Darvel but was afforded an ultimatum for today. Everyone would have been aware of the situation and I doubt that Goodwin would have wanted to stay and thank the players while saying goodbye.

It’s a tough job but they do have some good players. The two centre backs are a disgrace however.

Won’t shed any tears for Goodwin after his Porteous comments and certainly won’t shed any for the sheep. Think Goodwin will need a long break from the game before we see him anywhere again.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    It looked pretty difficult and awkward after the final whistle when he was shaking the hands of Hibs staff. To be fair to him he will have known what was coming to him and he stood up and made sure he’d shook everyone’s hand before leaving the pitch I can respect that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Like others I lost respect for him after the whole Porteous fiasco. Always felt like he had a dislike for us. I just hope Aberdeen don't improve too quickly without him.

Some good players but their results over the past month or so have obviously destroyed their confidence.

I suspect there was an understanding that if today didn't go well then it was all over.

Cormack (I think) said on the radio that JG came to him, gave him a hug and said it was time up.

Not a resignation as such. Probably a pre agreed and mutual outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    I’ll go against the grain, I actually quite like the guy. Disgraceful way for any employer to treat an employee.
    To be fair judging by McCormacks interview after game they both knew it was up and it was “mutal”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Stephen Thompson sacked Jackie McNamara in the corridor at McDermid Park after a defeat
    Seemingly gave him a letter

Happened plenty times. Chelsea done it to Ancelotti I believe.

**** Goodwin. Thug as a player, **** manager, arse of a guy. Giruy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Goodwins a prick and I'm not sorry for him but the Aberdeen chairman is a silly wee narcissist. He's everything some on here falsely claim Ron to be.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    Like others I lost respect for him after the whole Porteous fiasco. Always felt like he had a dislike for us. I just hope Aberdeen don't improve too quickly without him.

Some good players but their results over the past month or so have obviously destroyed their confidence.
    I disagree on the good players part. Most of their signings look too soft and Shinnie is way off the pace. Duk seems decent I'd give him a pass.

Once interviewed a manager for the press who was about to get sacked after his team got hammered. Wasn’t pleasant.

It's what Hibs should have done after the last Derby. Today doesn't change what's gone before.

The only thing disgraceful about it was that he hung around to take the game today. He over saw the worst result in Aberdeen's history and didn't resign.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Whatever you think of Goodwin, he’s still a human being who has just lost his job. Felt sorry for him. He probably grafted hard to get Dons job and I don’t take any joy in anyone losing their livelihood.

[QUOTE=yerauldda;7257818]I’ll go against the grain, I actually quite like the guy. Disgraceful way for any employer to treat an employee.[/QUOTE

Maybe he was told before hand lose game lose your job? Will have a good pay off too unlike what other employers do

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Whatever you think of Goodwin, he’s still a human being who has just lost his job. Felt sorry for him. He probably grafted hard to get Dons job and I don’t take any joy in anyone losing their livelihood.
    Be interesting to see where him and Jack Ross end up next. Would any current Scottish Premiership team take them should they lose their manager?

Nah no for me

He called Porto a cheat , Nobend , Good riddance , Might get the Hearts gig in a few years , Penalties should see him safe

End of a bell

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Goodwin is a prick who was manager of a club for pricks. Glad it ended at ER for him after a complete pumping by Hibs. The way he hounded Porto and jumped on and made worse the Hun inspired media witch hunt of him to deflect from how **** he was as a manager was a disgrace. He hasn't lost his livelihood, football management is the only profession in the world where you get sacked for being ***** but get a massive payoff or kept on the books until you get another job.

@hibs.net private member
    I dont like anyone losing his job, its football though and Goodwin will know its a cut throat business, he will get another job, he really wont be giving a **** longer term

Football wise he is a classless prick the way he hung a young footballer out to dry, he didnt show Porteous any sympathy/respect and in turn he deserves none himself
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 28-01-2023 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Goodwin is a prick who was manager of a club for pricks. Glad it ended at ER for him after a complete pumping by Hibs. The way he hounded Porto and jumped on and made worse the Hun inspired media witch hunt of him to deflect from how **** he was as a manager was a disgrace. He hasn't lost his livelihood, football management is the only profession in the world where you get sacked for being ***** but get a massive payoff or kept on the books until you get another job.
    Correct

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Didn't Martin Jol get sacked at half time?

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The way I read it he sought out the chairman at FT and resigned.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    Be interesting to see where him and Jack Ross end up next. Would any current Scottish Premiership team take them should they lose their manager?
    St Mirren, Killie or Motherwell. But you have to wonder how any of these new players were his picks

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Nail, hammer, heid

Nae luck Jim

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Sure Gus Poyet got sacked whilst appearing on match of the day.

Thug of a player, out of his depth as a manager. His vendetta against Porto to deflect from his managerial failings was a disgrace. Delighted he was punted right after their heaviest defeat against us in their history. Bye 👋