Page 4 of 178 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson Out

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What risk?
    Frostbite, it's cold outside and we should not expose our Johnson right now

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’s finished i think. No chance we beat Hearts next weekend playing like that.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I'd still be very surprised if the club chose to sack him after our very short uptick in points

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I think it's transparently obvious that their tactic at this point is to take the path of least expenditure. In terms of investing any further to save this season they have already written that option off. It is a spectacularly short-sighted judgment which will see us even further away from competing seriously for either 3rd or 4th in the coming seasons as we help to usher Hearts and Aberdeen toward lucrative European money.

They don't trust their manager, they can't trust their own internal recruitment process and they don't know what to do to rectify things in this window or this season in the absence of spending money. Their strategy is therefore to sit tight and hope something, somehow, turns up.

We are going to continue to put in terrible performances, fail to develop the team/squad and yo-yo between awful and barely adequate results for the remainder of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post

So am daft for voicing an opinion?
    Nisbet is papering over the crack for sure.
    You’re using it as an excuse to suit your position. We’ve been creating chances in most of our games this season. Even on the bad run. Crying out for a finisher. Now Nisbet is getting on the end of these chances. That to me is hardly papering over the cracks. If Nisbet had been available since the start of the season, been banging them in and we’d been a few more points better off in the top four, would you still have been saying he was keeping LJ in a job?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    It is indefensible playing Campbell in defence; he is a much better midfielder and was involved in the equaliser as a midfielder about a minute after the boos started when he made a mistake as a RB. The manager gave DU the initiative with that team and invited them to attack us
    Absolutely this. LJ got tactics & defence wrong. Outnumbered & missed Cambell in midfield. Was better when we went to 3 at back.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't wait till we get another doing against Hearts. I'm sure all the happy clappers will be out calling everyone else bed wetters.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You’re using it as an excuse to suit your position. We’ve been creating chances in most of our games this season. Even on the bad run. Crying out for a finisher. Now Nisbet is getting on the end of these chances. That to me is hardly papering over the cracks. If Nisbet had been available since the start of the season, been banging them in and we’d been a few more points better off in the top four, would you still have been saying he was keeping LJ in a job?
    Nisbet is most certainly pampering over the cracks.
    I admire you're positive slant on things but find it hard to see us progressing under LJ.
    Big outsiders next week but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Can't wait till we get another doing against Hearts. I'm sure all the happy clappers will be out calling everyone else bed wetters.
    You know we could beat them!

If he Goes it’s just new manager with same ****show ex Prem Manager in charge of development does he have a say in signings

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Don’t understand what he’s trying to do,McGeady and Youan done their best work at Fir Park on the left and right respectively yet start today on opposite sides.
    Chops and changes every week if he’s going to turn to McKirdy or Melkersen to salvage something.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Yes, let's sack yet another manager after 6 months in charge.

Lack of stability at manager is a sure fire way to see us relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Well it'll take something for Johnson to win his first big game

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Well it'll take something for Johnson to win his first big game
    More goals than them? 🤣

Nizzy's on fire!!

Keep the faith

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Hibs player grins during game ! Ive read some utter desperate tosh in the years as a hibs fan but that tops the lot 🤣
    Unless he was laughing at how bad we are in which case he has my full support 🙃
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

That last minute equaliser has saved him from some serious criticism.

It’s not great to watch and the goals we concede are so soft at times.

The worrying thing is lack of depth to this squad and worryingly lose Ryan and back line gets even worse.

@hibs.net private member
    NO - board need to show some nerve and not piss their pants at 1st sign of pressure. I remember the bed wetter protesting about Fenlon and he walked. We got Butcher and we all know how that worked out.
    Support Johnson this window and let's see if we can push on. No more f-in perpetual transitions!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Frostbite, it's cold outside and we should not expose our Johnson right now
    Third time lucky?

Nah!

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I think it's transparently obvious that their tactic at this point is to take the path of least expenditure. In terms of investing any further to save this season they have already written that option off. It is a spectacularly short-sighted judgment which will see us even further away from competing seriously for either 3rd or 4th in the coming seasons as we help to usher Hearts and Aberdeen toward lucrative European money.

They don't trust their manager, they can't trust their own internal recruitment process and they don't know what to do to rectify things in this window or this season in the absence of spending money. Their strategy is therefore to sit tight and hope something, somehow, turns up.

We are going to continue to put in terrible performances, fail to develop the team/squad and yo-yo between awful and barely adequate results for the remainder of this season.
    This, unfortunately, is a very good assessment of things as they stand. With the way our club is being run, and with the European money up for grabs over the next 2/3 years, we could see both Aberdeen and them pull away from us.

I’d be shocked if the Newcastle Aussie doesn’t score against us at least once. They are no great shakes and should be their for the taking from an average Hibs side.

Unfortunately this is a terrible one.

Remember the clamour to get Jack Ross out on here when we were in a cup final and had just finished third.
    Sack the manager sack the board and sack a big percentage of opinions in this place.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Unless he was laughing at how bad we are in which case he has my full support 🙃
    Oh come on Man, you are a good poster on here and I enjoy your posts in amongst the garbage but grinning ffs 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    It is indefensible playing Campbell in defence; he is a much better midfielder and was involved in the equaliser as a midfielder about a minute after the boos started when he made a mistake as a RB. The manager gave DU the initiative with that team and invited them to attack us
    Campbell gets unfair stick. I’ve no clue what goes through the manager’s head with selections, but it strikes me he goes with players he can rely on, even to the point of playing them out of position, such as Josh and Ryan.

I’d do the same in his position, as the alternatives Ian Gordon and co have given him are *****.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Oh come on Man, you are a good poster on here and I enjoy your posts in amongst the garbage but grinning ffs 🤣
    I think it’s safe to say I’m a bit het up this evening. I’ll calm down when I’ve ate.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Nisbet two goals papered over an unconvincing performance and LJs set up of team was bad. Not sure LJ can survive much longer. Results and performances havent been good enough. Yes we drew and won last week but its hardly a turning point.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I’d be shocked if the Newcastle Aussie doesn’t score against us at least once. They are no great shakes and should be their for the taking from an average Hibs side.

Unfortunately this is a terrible one.
    He is class, at least a hat trick against us, heard he should have rattled in a few against St Mirren, Im absolutely ****ting it and have given my ticket away to a jambo to let her enjoy the experience

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I think it’s safe to say I’m a bit het up this evening. I’ll calm down when I’ve ate.
    Oi wait until the transfer deadline first 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Remember the clamour to get Jack Ross out on here when we were in a cup final and had just finished third.
    Sack the manager sack the board and sack a big percentage of opinions in this place.
    Jack Ross, Maloney and LJ have all under performed against teams with less resources.

It’s not a great measure and all have some serious faults including not being able to sort a midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    You know we could beat them!
    Aye ok then. I admire your optimism. We are pish, pish squad and a clueless pish manager. That’s before we start on the owner and his laddie.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Yes, let's sack yet another manager after 6 months in charge.

Lack of stability at manager is a sure fire way to see us relegated.
    There is merit in what you say in relation to constantly sacking managers. On the other hand, do we keep Johnson now because we've sacked so many mangers in the past? Questions need asking of board, regarding why their appointments have been so poor. Our problems don't begin and end with the manager, that's true.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

Yep, if you’re right in your analysis and I’m thinking similarly then they are wanting out.