hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Spfl 3

Spfl 3

The Darvel coach has been on twitter saying there are plans afoot with SFA/SPFL to create a SPFL 3, with the intention being to strong arm B teams into the set-up.

Effectively bypassing the pyramid it seems.

https://twitter.com/mickkennedy1904/status/1251844590979735554?lang=en

2. Log in to remove the advert

https://twitter.com/Mickkennedy1904/...DhMASWSjw&s=19

This looks like the link and here's what is says for people without twitter...

Watch this space SFA now pushing for an SPFL 3 to provide a league for the Premier League B teams, as it looks unlikely they will have a permanent home in the LL. The license criteria will change for SPFL access to make more difficult for clubs to get into the SPFL ASTONISHING
    Cougars!!!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Can they **** off with this ****

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Would be an improvement than what we have at the moment

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    It would help Hibs so I’m all for it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    They need to have something in place, the situation at the moment is haphazard - and the LL was never the answer.

We need somewhere that our younger players get matches and ready (if poss) for the top team.

If it helps Hibs (and it probably does) then I am not really too concerned.

If it gives a competitive league for our young players to get regular game time in then I'm all for it. I do however hope there will still be a way that doesn't stop the progression of those clubs in the LL and HL who hope to join the SPFL(I haven't read the link yet)

They’ve been pushing for this nonsense for years.

Just go back to having a proper Reserve league as a bridge between youth/development level to the first team.

I don't see any evidence it helps young players.

More importantly it's an affront to sporting integrity and would be sporting integrity if teams lower in the pyramid were treated this way. They've earned their place and the B teams haven't.

If the B teams want to be playing in the pyramid then they should start at the bottom.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Just go back to having a proper Reserve league as a bridge between youth/development level to the first team.
    Correct should never have binned the reserves as it was a way of giving youngsters a chance and also first team players coming back from injury a couple of games.

This is sad.lots of great smaller clubs in Scottish football who came fron the juniors.
    This doesnt suit Scottish football taking away places for what.
    For the uglies benefit thats what.

Yeah, that would seem the most sensible option but Rantic don't want it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I don't see any evidence it helps young players.

More importantly it's an affront to sporting integrity and would be sporting integrity if teams lower in the pyramid were treated this way. They've earned their place and the B teams haven't.

If the B teams want to be playing in the pyramid then they should start at the bottom.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...atias-28840807
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 08-01-2023 at 12:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Isn’t the owner of Darvel rolling in money, just wanting to buy a place in the league

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Good article. Rather a lot of evidence. A good compromise would be to expand the leagues a bit , still have the pyramid. Stricter criteria to get into bottom tier and even more strict to get into premier league. Allow colts to go up to Championship level

Quote Originally Posted by chippy;[URL="tel:7222606"
    7222606[/URL]] Allow colts to go up to Championship level
    Get this T F

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Good article. Rather a lot of evidence. A good compromise would be to expand the leagues a bit , still have the pyramid. Stricter criteria to get into bottom tier and even more strict to get into premier league. Allow colts to go up to Championship level
    I commented on this on a previous thread on this subject but here goes again.

About 10 years ago, when Rod Petrie was still at ER, I attended a fans forum at ER when he was promoting the Colts idea which involved them being allowed to be promoted to the Championship but no further.

I asked him what would happen if say 6 Colts teams ended up in the top 6 places in the Championship. He said the bottom team in the Premiership would be replaced by the 7th placed team in the Championship and the 8th placed team in the Championship would go into the playoffs for a place in the Premiership. He didn’t seem to appreciate the ridiculous nature of this set up.

He was also unable to explain how he’d market season tickets for Hibs if we were relegated to the Championship which would see us playing Colts teams, potentially including our own.

Scottish football has enough problems with one version of Celtic and Rangers. As this idea is mainly for their benefit it should be booted into touch.

Just doesnt make sense for Scottish football.
    Leave it alone.
    There are other ambitious small clubs who deserve a league place more than flippin rangers b.

Also if all the b teams are that good then why not just all play against each other in a reseve/development league like they do in England.
    That’s the best option by miles.
    Last edited by Waxy; 08-01-2023 at 03:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I commented on this on a previous thread on this subject but here goes again.

About 10 years ago, when Rod Petrie was still at ER, I attended a fans forum at ER when he was promoting the Colts idea which involved them being allowed to be promoted to the Championship but no further.

I asked him what would happen if say 6 Colts teams ended up in the top 6 places in the Championship. He said the bottom team in the Premiership would be replaced by the 7th placed team in the Championship and the 8th placed team in the Championship would go into the playoffs for a place in the Premiership. He didn’t seem to appreciate the ridiculous nature of this set up.

He was also unable to explain how he’d market season tickets for Hibs if we were relegated to the Championship which would see us playing Colts teams, potentially including our own.

Scottish football has enough problems with one version of Celtic and Rangers. As this idea is mainly for their benefit it should be booted into touch.
    I don’t see what’s wrong with some of that actually. But Rod also was into having a 16 team Belgian style top league, which if you also expanded Champs and league 1 to 16 teams each would help accommodate colts teams. You could also put a cap on colts teams in Champs to say 4.
    What you say in some ways justifies having B teams in the championship if they were to fill the top 6 places.

I don’t see what’s wrong with some of that actually. But Rod also was into having a 16 team Belgian style top league, which if you also expanded Champs and league 1 to 16 teams each would help accommodate colts teams. You could also put a cap on colts teams in Champs to say 4.
    What you say in some ways justifies having B teams in the championship if they were to fill the top 6 places.
    So you don’t see anything wrong with the potential of Hibs playing Hibs Colts in the Championship?

Also if it was limited to 4 Colts/B team which two clubs do you think would be guaranteed to be 2 of those 4?

It's been mentioned but a reserve league is what's needed.

I'd be against anything that bunged up the pyramid. Scottish football needs churn.

@hibs.net private member
    So you don’t see anything wrong with the potential of Hibs playing Hibs Colts in the Championship?

Also if it was limited to 4 Colts/B team which two clubs do you think would be guaranteed to be 2 of those 4?
    Hibs colts would drop down to 3rd tier. The other B teams would be in the 3rd tier or lower. Dunno if would always work that the old firms B teams would always be the best. It would depend on strategy- have more younger bucks who might learn quickly but need time and space to develop or slightly older ones who may be more ready for men’s games

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    It's been mentioned but a reserve league is what's needed.

I'd be against anything that bunged up the pyramid. Scottish football needs churn.
    Correct on all counts.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Hibs colts would drop down to 3rd tier. The other B teams would be in the 3rd tier or lower. Dunno if would always work that the old firms B teams would always be the best. It would depend on strategy- have more younger bucks who might learn quickly but need time and space to develop or slightly older ones who may be more ready for men’s games
    So much for the ‘sporting integrity’ which was the mantra in 2012 to ensure Rangers got punted down the divisions.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but I suspect if this nonsense is allowed to happen it could see a fair few folk giving up going to games if the competition is devalued to allow Colts/B teams in and we just move them about like pieces on a chess board when it suits.

I’d imagine the vast majority would prefer for clubs to be promoted/relegated based on what happens on the pitch week to week rather than accommodate this farce.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    It would help Hibs so I’m all for it.
    Scottish football might be a bit crap but we have a lot of lower league clubs with loyal following and a good connection to their local communities, not to mention their history’s.

Replacing that with B teams who will only be followed by the big clubs most diehard fans is not good for anybody long term.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It would likely push some of the part time teams out of the second tier which for me is one of the most exciting parts of that league. Completely against it if Colt teams can get into the top three or four leagues.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This is sad.lots of great smaller clubs in Scottish football who came fron the juniors.
    This doesnt suit Scottish football taking away places for what.
    For the uglies benefit thats what.
    The pyramid system is working really well & creating huge amounts of interest amongst teams wanting to get up the leagues.
    Why anyone would be happy with changes which are designed to benefit The Infirm first & foremost is
    beyond me. For them the LL was always a first foot in the door before pushing to get their colt teams into the 'main' leagues.
    Al the lies about the Colts not seeking promotion now exposed as exactly that - lies.
    They really are leeches, sucking the blood out of everyone else, Scottish football really needs to grow a pair & show some fight.
    As someone has already pointed out (Logie Green) one version of Rantic is more than enough.