hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Understandable and always feel you post enough to get the message across.
    Thanks again Nh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Hilarious how so many people have written of a 21yo after what, one start? Give him a chance ffs.

Who’d have thought a loan signing from *checks notes* Rainbow FC wouldn’t work out?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Who’d have thought a loan signing from *checks notes* Rainbow FC wouldn’t work out?
    You could see from the highlights video that was posted when he signed how poor the quality of defence he was up against. It's alarming that the club thought he was worth a gamble, pace aside I genuinely think I see more quality from certain players at my local junior side.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I had heard Bojang was away.

@hibs.net private member
    You could see from the highlights video that was posted when he signed how poor the quality of defence he was up against. It's alarming that the club thought he was worth a gamble, pace aside I genuinely think I see more quality from certain players at my local junior side.
    Any better or worse than some of the defences Boyle played against for Montrose ? Didnt work out too bad for him in the end. Some players are worth a punt, some work out, some dont. Good luck to the lad

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Bojang might go down as one of the worst Hibs strikers of the last 20/30 years? There's been a few but he's been so out his depth. Not his fault mind, he should never have been at Hibs in the first place never mind getting game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Any better or worse than some of the defences Boyle played against for Montrose ? Didnt work out too bad for him in the end. Some players are worth a punt, some work out, some dont. Good luck to the lad
    Much worse than a Montrose defence. The clips were laughable tbf.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Tavares comes good for us. Probably next season, I would stick with him. Defo something there with him.

Bojang however… honking. Hate prejudging players but kinda thought this one had disaster written all over if from the get go. Luckily it is just a loan deal.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    We signed Boyle from Dundee, and Boyle back at Dundee was a considerably better player than Bojang is.

It's quite possible he was a better player at Montrose than Bojang is now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you wonder if we’d taken Bojang on trial with us to Portugal would we have made a decision that he wasn’t worth signing. Though I guess the same could be said for some of our other signings.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I dunno how these bods ever end up at ER. It's a revolving door of the world's C-list players.
    Down to the Head of Recruitment. Ron's son.

Tavares, Bojang, Henderson and McKirdy should be the first 4 out the door.

They are all lightweights and offer absolutely nothing.

A disgrace they have all worn a Hibs jersey.

@hibs.net private member
    We signed Boyle from Dundee, and Boyle back at Dundee was a considerably better player than Bojang is.

It's quite possible he was a better player at Montrose than Bojang is now.
    Yeah, probably not the brst example

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Tavares actually looks sharp and like he might be finding his feet in the game I saw over the World Cup break.
    Yes. I thought he was our best player against Raith last week so imagine he`ll have got injured in training if not even on bench at ibrox . Now we`ve got Nisbet back we might start to benefit from Tavares´pace especially with a fit McGeady adding creativity too . Can`t comment on Bojang since I`ve hardly seen him play . Others here have presumably seen him in training . Apologies in advance for seeing ( not looking for ) positives in some of our players since any threads starting with names of players seem to be only to berate players and lay into club . Whatever happens with Tavares and Bojang I think the club deserve praise for looking further afield for signings like with Uruguayan defender we were very near to signing .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Yes. I thought he was our best player against Raith last week so imagine he`ll have got injured in training if not even on bench at ibrox . Now we`ve got Nisbet back we might start to benefit from Tavares´pace especially with a fit McGeady adding creativity too . Can`t comment on Bojang since I`ve hardly seen him play . Others here have presumably seen him in training . Apologies in advance for seeing ( not looking for ) positives in some of our players since any threads starting with names of players seem to be only to berate players and lay into club . Whatever happens with Tavares and Bojang I think the club deserve praise for looking further afield for signings like with Uruguayan defender we were very near to signing .
    'Club deserve praise for looking further afield'

Sorry, but Ron's son's recruitment team have shown a complete lack of competence by looking further afield. We should have signed so many more proven and experienced players for the first team, for example Marshall.

These punts on Tavares, Bojang, Miller, etc have been a complete waste of time and money. Surely we cannot praise the recruitment team for looking further afield if this is what they have come up with. Even players such as Henderson and McKirdy who have either not played many games or have played at a really low level have been a waste as well.

Kenneh & Melkersen have some ability and could become good players given time but are not what we need just now. It's impossible to blood these young players in a struggling side. We are in a relegation fight because of poor recruitment and because of this we are throwing players in the team who are nowhere ready to perform in the SPFL.

We are a club which has a massive squad, but very little quality to pick from.

Shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    'Club deserve praise for looking further afield'

Sorry, but Ron's son's recruitment team have shown a complete lack of competence by looking further afield. We should have signed so many more proven and experienced players for the first team, for example Marshall.

These punts on Tavares, Bojang, Miller, etc have been a complete waste of time and money. Surely we cannot praise the recruitment team for looking further afield if this is what they have come up with. Even players such as Henderson and McKirdy who have either not played many games or have played at a really low level have been a waste as well.

Kenneh & Melkersen have some ability and could become good players given time but are not what we need just now. It's impossible to blood these young players in a struggling side. We are in a relegation fight because of poor recruitment and because of this we are throwing players in the team who are nowhere ready to perform in the SPFL.

We are a club which has a massive squad, but very little quality to pick from.

Shambles.
    Boyles another experience player we signed and we showed great ambition to get him back.The complete waste of money you refer to in Tavares he's a young player that's probably taken time to adjust and has looked good recently , bojang wouldn't have cost much and we are just having a look at him ( loan deal to end of season) . Miller really harsh to say he's a complete waste of money when we have hardly seen him due to being unlucky with injuries ! Don't think we are in a relegation fight at all , yes 5 points of the play offs though also the same of 3rd spot too !

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Boyles another experience player we signed and we showed great ambition to get him back.The complete waste of money you refer to in Tavares he's a young player that's probably taken time to adjust and has looked good recently , bojang wouldn't have cost much and we are just having a look at him ( loan deal to end of season) . Miller really harsh to say he's a complete waste of money when we have hardly seen him due to being unlucky with injuries ! Don't think we are in a relegation fight at all , yes 5 points of the play offs though also the same of 3rd spot too !
    Where does all this Tavares has looked good recently stuff come from, when was this? guys completely rank.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Where does all this Tavares has looked good recently stuff come from, when was this? guys completely rank.
    You are spouting gibberish - it's no the ba' that's burst - it's your brain.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    And ?
    Why do that, just to draw attention to yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Couple of sub appearances and the two friendlies he looked promising.

Very sharp, looked after the ball well and was direct, beating his man consistently

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Why do that, just to draw attention to yourself?
    Read my subsequent post where I explained myself.

Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    I think Tavares MAY have something, but if we are paying him any more than 1500 quid a week, we, the Club is even more stupid than we currently look, which is already very!
    You can double that then add some more. He's a complete waste of money. He's crap.

A young man that's moved away from his family in Portugal to join our club , having to adapt to different weather , food and everything else that comes with a life changing move also probably not knowing many people in Scotland as well . That must have taken some courage on his part to do imo . He's not even a year at us and he's been badly treated at one of the matches he played in now he's getting called a ' waste of money ' . Awful comments and treatment he's been getting when what we should all be doing is being patient with this young man and giving him our utmost support!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    A young man that's moved away from his family in Portugal to join our club , having to adapt to different weather , food and everything else that comes with a life changing move also probably not knowing many people in Scotland as well . That must have taken some courage on his part to do imo . He's not even a year at us and he's been badly treated at one of the matches he played in now he's getting called a ' waste of money ' . Awful comments and treatment he's been getting when what we should all be doing is being patient with this young man and giving him our utmost support!
    It is indeed a funny old game Saint. And I’m with you.
    One of the things that is tough and takes a time to adjust is the lack of light.

Back our players, if the manager / Hibs recruited and picks him then he deserves our support whilst he’s here I can’t fathom the alternative esp if we have young players that need time and support - why would we not do that - absolutely bonkers. I do wonder if some of the folks that berate players are frustrated players themselves that were not good enough and imagine they could do a better job - maybe they could but that sort of stuff is a bit futile.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Folk are calling it as they see it. Maybe he will come good, but so far it’s looking unlikely, so as it stands he has been a waste of money. Fair play to Brooster to more or less putting a figure to what he’s being paid each week. The other point to remember is we are struggling with too many of our signings of the summer offering nowhere near enough. Maybe that’s harsh on Tavares but when we are paying him decent money, it’s now mid December and he’s offered heehaw the value we are getting from him will rightly be questioned imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    It is indeed a funny old game Saint. And I’m with you.
    One of the things that is tough and takes a time to adjust is the lack of light.

Back our players, if the manager / Hibs recruited and picks him then he deserves our support whilst he’s here I can’t fathom the alternative esp if we have young players that need time and support - why would we not do that - absolutely bonkers. I do wonder if some of the folks that berate players are frustrated players themselves that were not good enough and imagine they could do a better job - maybe they could but that sort of stuff is a bit futile.
    Very good post V _ P , I think a lot might be down to things not going so well and people looking for someone to blame though I find in Jair Tavares case it's quite unfair , he's probably one of our young players that needs our patience and support more than our other young players. Our support and patience will only help him while passing a unfair judgement and criticizing him doesn't do him or the club any good!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Folk are calling it as they see it. Maybe he will come good, but so far it’s looking unlikely, so as it stands he has been a waste of money. Fair play to Brooster to more or less putting a figure to what he’s being paid each week. The other point to remember is we are struggling with too many of our signings of the summer offering nowhere near enough. Maybe that’s harsh on Tavares but when we are paying him decent money, it’s now mid December and he’s offered heehaw the value we are getting from him will rightly be questioned imo.
    Folk are calling it as they see it as you say is away to early imo he's not even been at us a year and the comments of he's no good and a waste of money are ridiculous.Some players don't settle in right away and take time to adapt, Tavares has more to adapt to than most and needs patience and support which he's not getting , totally the opposite actually with him racially abused by one of our own fans in all . Last few times he's played he's looked lively and direct and has been beating his man quite often. You say maybe he will come good that's my point nobody knows yet so why pass judgement on a young foreign player that's probably still adapting to everything much more beneficial to support the guy . I also wonder how anyone knows a Hibs players salary that's got me really baffled too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Thought he was playing in the Portuguese u23 league

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Folk are calling it as they see it as you say is away to early imo he's not even been at us a year and the comments of he's no good and a waste of money are ridiculous.Some players don't settle in right away and take time to adapt, Tavares has more to adapt to than most and needs patience and support which he's not getting , totally the opposite actually with him racially abused by one of our own fans in all . Last few times he's played he's looked lively and direct and has been beating his man quite often. You say maybe he will come good that's my point nobody knows yet so why pass judgement on a young foreign player that's probably still adapting to everything much more beneficial to support the guy . I also wonder how anyone knows a Hibs players salary that's got me really baffled too.
    Agree we are ridiculously quick to write players off. His video reel showed he had something and as you say will take time for him to settle in.

It’s mid December. Has he contributed anything of note so far ? So at present however harsh a comment stating he’s a waste of money may seem it’s not inaccurate. I’m not defending the comment made at Dundee Utd, but it was one isolated incident, by one individual. I’ve not heard anything to suggest he doesn’t get supported in the game time he’s had with us. Personally I think he’s not looked as bad in the past few games as he did against Livingston away, but it’s still nothing to get excited at by any means imo.

Do you not think people know Hibs players, board members, agents etc. ? Edinburgh is a small place, people talk and information does get out.

It’s a general theme, but we as a club cannot afford to be paying big money on transfers for players who may come good in a few years time or wages on guys who are offering nothing, not while the first team is struggling badly and the riches of European group stage football is available.
    Last edited by jeffers; 19-12-2022 at 06:20 AM.