hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee dixon

Lee dixon

3rd goal goes in..."bring on the french"....just love it when they shoot themselves in the foot...add shearer and ferdinand to that posse.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't get ITVs commentary choice.

Champion and McCoist are brilliant together and Seb Huthcison and Andros Townsend had a really easy chemistry last night (and it was great to hear a current players view as well). Yet their number 1 duo is the insufferable Matterface and Dixon.

Moribund, monotone and completely lacking any insight beyond tired cliches.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Pretty reasonable. Both them and the French have strolled through so far. Should be a good game. England have a chance.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Champion and McCoist are brilliant together and Seb Huthcison and Andros Townsend had a really easy chemistry last night (and it was great to hear a current players view as well). Yet their number 1 duo is the insufferable Matterface and Dixon.

Agree with Champion and McCoist but they are always going to stick with Dixon etc as they are English

Think I hate them for different reasons than you - Matterface's attempts to be wacky and fit in nonsense scene-setting anecdotes are insufferable. Dixon used to come across quite well in his MOTD2 days, but he's got a really off-putting smug air about him now.

Jenas and Keown can get stuffed as well mind you, so I'm fairly open to accusations of anti-English bias.

Jermaine Jenas is even worse. He’s making me pine for greeting faced Lawro.

I would add Dion Dublin to the list. He has a habit of saying “as we call it in the game” after describing the most obvious well know cliches that every man and his dog would know.

“Done him with the eyes” being his latest example, as if he was letting us in on a massive secret

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Pretty reasonable. Both them and the French have strolled through so far. Should be a good game. England have a chance.
    I agree 50/50 against France.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    They’ll need to start better than they did tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Jermaine Jenas is even worse. He’s making me pine for greeting faced Lawro.
    You’ve gone too far there

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    France definite favourites but it should be a classic of a game.

England capable but I’d have France as favourites.

Mbappe will have the game done and dusted after 20 minutes if England start like they did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    England capable but I’d have France as favourites.

Mbappe will have the game done and dusted after 20 minutes if England start like they did tonight.
    Senegal started well tonight and if they had Mbappe and Giroud up front they would have gone ahead.

There's not a bookie in Britain who will lay this this as 50/50, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    3rd goal goes in..."bring on the french"....just love it when they shoot themselves in the foot...add shearer and ferdinand to that posse.
    he actually went even earlier than that at 2-0 54mins 'is it too early to talk about the french'

Bet the voted for Brexit 😁

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    There's an awful lot of Lee Dixon's about down here, feels like they've been wanting to play France all along and it's just a formality, it's coming home etc......

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Bookies don't think so, you can get 21-10 England 11-8 France

Dixon seems to have channeled his inner Mark Lawrenson lately, and that’s not a good thing.

It's absolutely nuts that folk continue to get upset about English commentators being optimistic about their own team in a World Cup.

Whether we like it or not they have a good team and are excited... it's the World Cup after all. Have they really to say nothing because they might offend people from the other home nations? It's hardly fair to expect that.

There is an argument we should have our own commentators but really who cares? There will be this type of "bring it on" stuff from all the competing countries.

For those of us who don't want them to win it, it just make's it funnier when they don't. Unfortunately, they are good enough to win this one though.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    It's absolutely nuts that folk continue to get upset about English commentators being optimistic about their own team in a World Cup.

Whether we like it or not they have a good team and are excited... it's the World Cup after all. Have they really to say nothing because they might offend people from the other home nations? It's hardly fair to expect that.

There is an argument we should have our own commentators but really who cares? There will be this type of "bring it on" stuff from all the competing countries.

For those of us who don't want them to win it, it just make's it funnier when they don't. Unfortunately, they are good enough to win this one though.
    Yip.
    No issue with any excitement from any commentators.
    It's what football is all about.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I dont mind the English commentators getting over excited, its all part of the game. What I do mind is the first 8 minutes of the BBC breakfast news at 6 am this morning dedicated to the fantastic victory last night.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Of all the names mentioned above, the only one that gets on my nerves is Dion Dublin, nice guy I'm sure, but terrible pundit. I wish we had more ex-pros talking up ther Scottish game. Dixon called it right at 2-0, they cruised through.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Bookies don't think so, you can get 21-10 England 11-8 France
    England at better than 2/1 is a cracking price. Might be tempted to have a bit of that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Could you imagine we had our own WC coverage with Steven Thompson, Chris Iwelumo and Leanne Crichton out there in Qatar giving their words of wisdom? We should thank our lucky stars we have to listen to a bit of England bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Could you imagine we had our own WC coverage with Steven Thompson, Chris Iwelumo and Leanne Crichton out there in Qatar giving their words of wisdom? We should thank our lucky stars we have to listen to a bit of England bias.
    That is actually a fair point.
    Although it would be nice to have higher aspirations than the lot of them

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    I dont mind the English commentators getting over excited, its all part of the game. What I do mind is the first 8 minutes of the BBC breakfast news at 6 am this morning dedicated to the fantastic victory last night.
    This. I remember back to the World Cups that Scotland qualified for when I was growing up and Jock Brown, Archie McPherson and their co-commentators were exactly the same.

Harrison when he was commentating on the Wales USA was obscenely biased and talking all sorts of nonsense.

Absolutely spot on.

Gladly listen to them if it meant Scotland were in the last 8 of the World Cup!

Scottish football coverage from that lot are more likely to put ourselves down than any kind of positive coverage.