hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I forgot the game was on and missed the first 6 or 7 minutes, i missed the goal.

Nothing of note happened during the rest of the match, we looked poor if i'm honest, you wouldnt know which team were in the league above or the league below.

McGeady showed a few flashes of quality, Porto was class, but the rest were a bit meh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ffs though you actually hate Hibs more than you like them maybe you should try something else as watching Hibs definitely doesn’t seem to suit you might make a slightly happier person rather than the boring negative goon you look here with every post 🤦*♂️
    Huggie, any need for the personal abuse? I’ll not be bullied by you just because I see things differently from you.

If you’re not happy mate, use the ignore button or scroll on? Simple really.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wasn’t able to watch the game today
    Why did Melkerson only get half an hour, did he pick up an injury

Why the **** did hibs decide to stream this today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wasn’t able to watch the game today
    Why did Melkerson only get half an hour, did he pick up an injury
    Think it was purely to give Josh O’Connor a bit of game time, thought he still got 40 minutes or so though? With McIntyre and O’Connor coming on in the last 5.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Think it was purely to give Josh O’Connor a bit of game time, thought he still got 40 minutes or so though? With McIntyre and O’Connor coming on in the last 5.
    Ok thanks

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Excuse my ignorance but when did Edinburgh FC become Raith Rovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Name change again. Basket case supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    FC Edinburgh were our original opponents but were replaced by Raith Rovers as Edinburgh couldn't field a team.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    FC Edinburgh were our original opponents but were replaced by Raith Rovers as Edinburgh couldn't field a team.
    And the apathy is so high no one could be arsed to update the thread title! ;)

Joking aside I managed to grab some of the game whilst working and it was good to see some of the injured players get some gametime in their legs.

With that I wouldn't have expected too much from today and wasn't surprised when we played much the same way as we have the rest of the season. Dull. Would've have liked us be more positive and work the keeper more given the players that have come back but again, happy to give them more time. Can't see us getting much when the league returns but we'll see I guess.

Do we have another game lined up before the World Cup is up?

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post

Joking aside I managed to grab some of the game whilst working and it was good to see some of the injured players get some gametime in their legs.

With that I wouldn't have expected too much from today and wasn't surprised when we played much the same way as we have the rest of the season. Dull. Would've have liked us be more positive and work the keeper more given the players that have come back but again, happy to give them more time. Can't see us getting much when the league returns but we'll see I guess.

I think we go straight to beating Sevco at Ibrox now
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think we go straight to beating Sevco at Ibrox now
    0-3, of course.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Because it was a training game 😂

They are played at a snails pace in order to get minutes on the pitch, always have been, always will be. They’re not even as intense as a pre season friendly, they’re just nothing games to get players back on the pitch again.
    I dunno, i could never play any type of game whether it was 5 a side, 11's, over 35's etc at training pace. Thats the frikin problem, players are picking and choosing when they are on it and demostrate no hunger. Do Hibs never learn, get them up for the re-start FFS

Thought Tavares started the half brilliantly and looked really good.

If I was him of Lee Johnson if he going mad at the end of the game for not looking to give him the ball more often and quicker.

So direct and was beating his man with ease every time

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post

No.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    Why the **** did hibs decide to stream this today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At least we got to watch our team win for a change 😉

Trying my hardest not to read too much into today's match but was basically the same insipid nonsense we've been treated to for large parts of the season.

Has to be a ruthless transfer windows ins and outs in January or we're in the grubber (along with LJ).

A couple of experienced heads needed and hopefully be able to put Melkersen out on loan. He's not progressing and is almost getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Trying my hardest not to read too much into today's match but was basically the same insipid nonsense we've been treated to for large parts of the season.

Has to be a ruthless transfer windows ins and outs in January or we're in the grubber (along with LJ).

A couple of experienced heads needed and hopefully be able to put Melkersen out on loan. He's not progressing and is almost getting worse.
    I'm not going to read anything into what basically was a training match were we gave the players a run-out , you only have to see how many changes we made to realise this ! Good to see Mcgeady and Nisbet back. Thought Tavares , Kennah played well also thought Melkerson played ok and his workrate and movement were quite good.3 young players who looked good imo . Lots of managers have said that January transfer windows are the hardest. Probably agree with you about a couple of experienced heads coming in though I feel we are seriously badly needing a creative midfielder as well . Easier said than done in this window though.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I forgot the game was on and missed the first 6 or 7 minutes, i missed the goal.

Nothing of note happened during the rest of the match, we looked poor if i'm honest, you wouldnt know which team were in the league above or the league below.

McGeady showed a few flashes of quality, Porto was class, but the rest were a bit meh.
    I agree with much of that. We dominated possession and territory but rarely looked like scoring against a very average Championship side. I'm really hoping McGeady can get and stay fit because we are crying out for some creativity, especially in the final third.

Is Bojang injured or are we cutting our losses there?

My question to other Hibs fans is what have you made of fish ? Is he any good ? Looks like he's staying after good talks with Man u .
    https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/m...-at-hibernian/

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Thought Tavares started the half brilliantly and looked really good.

If I was him of Lee Johnson if he going mad at the end of the game for not looking to give him the ball more often and quicker.

So direct and was beating his man with ease every time
    Good to hear. Thought he should have started at Killie. Written off too early by some however definitely needs to start showing more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    From the little I've seen of him, he would be the first out the door if we're trying to trim the squad. Lacks the quality needed for this level.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    From the little I've seen of him, he would be the first out the door if we're trying to trim the squad. Lacks the quality needed for this level.
    His signing was a strange one, as there's such a thing as hopeful punts, but this lad looks like a re-run of Jamie Insall, but from abroad.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Hes on loan, so it probably depends on the terms of the agreement