hibs.net Messageboard

Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214
Results 6,391 to 6,393 of 6393
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve loved this World Cup, it’s had the ridiculous drama, thrilling games, all the narratives you can shake a stick at and the best final by a mile. But I’m sorry it was ever played there and I’m sorry such a rotten regime will be associated with such a beautiful exhibition.

I too have loved this World Cup and the final was truly spectacular. I share your concerns with regards to the Qatar regime, however, I do wonder if there will be the same moral outrage when 2026 comes around. Mexico continues to have horrific and significant human rights violations, Canada (my home country) has long standing systemic discrimination against indigenous people and the USA (where would we begin with that country?).

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Overall I think the quality was very high.

There’s been this assumption this century that the Champions League is now the pinnacle as a footballing spectacle, but I don’t think that’s true. Plenty of teams delivered really, really good performances.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StirlingHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too have loved this World Cup and the final was truly spectacular. I share your concerns with regards to the Qatar regime, however, I do wonder if there will be the same moral outrage when 2026 comes around. Mexico continues to have horrific and significant human rights violations, Canada (my home country) has long standing systemic discrimination against indigenous people and the USA (where would we begin with that country?).

There’s also the point that the Qatar World Cup has been the most wasteful environmentally. And the naked corruption and celebration of money above all else.

The empty seats at every match and VIPs not bothering to be in their seats made me sick.

Let’s see what’s happening with these white elephant stadia a few years from now.