hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Football news stories

I see JIm Duffy's been appointed Clyde manager again , this is his 11th managerial Job as well as coaching roles at Chelsea, Airdrie and Portsmouth also had role as director of football at hertz .Quite a career he's had maybe the Sam Allardyce of Scotland ? .

Other story I read is that out of the four Japanese players Celtic have only one has made the Japan world cup team , Maeda being the one that was picked while Hatate and kyogo miss out , they must have some team when two quality players like that are missing out ? The player apparently picked ahead of kyogo is valued at 700,000 and is called ' Shuto Machino , his name sounds he knows how to score goals

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see JIm Duffy's been appointed Clyde manager again , this is his 11th managerial Job as well as coaching roles at Chelsea, Airdrie and Portsmouth also had role as director of football at hertz .Quite a career he's had maybe the Sam Allardyce of Scotland ? .

Other story I read is that out of the four Japanese players Celtic have only one has made the Japan world cup team , Maeda being the one that was picked while Hatate and kyogo miss out , they must have some team when two quality players like that are missing out ? The player apparently picked ahead of kyogo is valued at 700,000 and is called ' Shuto Machino , his name sounds he knows how to score goals
    With that name, he should be a goalkeeper!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    With that name, he should be a goalkeeper!
    Yeah your right mate ,I was getting carried away and pronouncing it shoto !😂 Anyhow he most be good to keep kyogo out ,even Hatate not making it must surely mean they have a abundance of talent to pick from?

Yeah your right mate ,I was getting carried away and pronouncing it shoto !😂 Anyhow he most be good to keep kyogo out ,even Hatate not making it must surely mean they have a abundance of talent to pick from?
    Interesting. They might be a decent outside bet to qualify from their group. Germany have been very poor recently.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Interesting. They might be a decent outside bet to qualify from their group. Germany have been very poor recently.
    Germany have been poor and I think Werner is out through injury probably one of there best strikers too . Wouldn't rule out Japan anytime I've seen them they have looked good , quick and fast maybe lacking in the physical side though

Sevco apparently got 4 .25 million compensation for Steven Gerrard it's been revealed today . Crazy money when you think it's nearly double what we got for Mcginn .

Nathan Jones appointed Southampton manager which now leaves Luton town on the hunt for a new manager .

According to a Luton fan I know, he's already been gone too long.
    This was already done buddy on the managerial sack Race thread which kinda caught me out a bit as I knew who Nathan Jones was as he was linked with Hibs job one time . I had posted on it that he was favourite for Southampton job and poster said good "he's been gone to long " which got me wondering as I couldn't remember him managing in premier league , I then check him up on Wikipedia and couldn't see were poster was coming from eventually I went into songs and found out , I'm not much of a supreme or bananarama fan anyhow it had me going and past some time. 😂

This was already done buddy on the managerial sack Race thread which kinda caught me out a bit as I knew who Nathan Jones was as he was linked with Hibs job one time . I had posted on it that he was favourite for Southampton job and poster said good "he's been gone to long " which got me wondering as I couldn't remember him managing in premier league , I then check him up on Wikipedia and couldn't see were poster was coming from eventually I went into songs and found out , I'm not much of a supreme or bananarama fan anyhow it had me going and past some time. 😂
    Yea I deleted it because I realised it must have been done a million times before.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Yea I deleted it because I realised it must have been done a million times before.
    Admit it. You were stoned, love.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Admit it. You were stoned, love.
    Stop, in the name of ****.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Stop, in the name of ****.
    I see. That's all love is to you. Just a ****.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Back on topic - here is Lee Johnson channelling Replay Robbie by mentioning missing players.............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63588568

Southgate has made some **** picks! 🤣

Celtic player Jota misses out on making Portugal's final 26 man squad for world cup

Apologies if this has already been mentioned .looks to be a good young player going to Portugal with our under 19 squad.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...nament-3914173

l think it's quite sad really certain people can't go and support there team without causing trouble ,it's the genuine football fans I feel sorry for that get caught up in this and of course the police who have a horrible job in dealing with it, seems to be a problem that's on the rise as well , nothing more than anti social behaviour from a small minority that don't give a damn about anyone except themselves, utterly selfish and have no sympathy on anyone caught and punished .
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...tland-63598335

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    l think it's quite sad really certain people can't go and support there team without causing trouble ,it's the genuine football fans I feel sorry for that get caught up in this and of course the police who have a horrible job in dealing with it, seems to be a problem that's on the rise as well , nothing more than anti social behaviour from a small minority that don't give a damn about anyone except themselves, utterly selfish and have no sympathy on anyone caught and punished .
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...tland-63598335
    https://news.stv.tv/west-central/man-charged-over-offensive-banner-held-during-rangers-v-aberdeen-premiership-clash

Similarly, what is offensive about a banner that you want rid of a race that no longer exists?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    https://news.stv.tv/west-central/man-charged-over-offensive-banner-held-during-rangers-v-aberdeen-premiership-clash

Similarly, what is offensive about a banner that you want rid of a race that no longer exists?
    If the race doesn't exist what's the point of going through the cost of making the banner , carrying it to the ground and displaying it then ? 😂
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 11-11-2022 at 04:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Do you think that banner wasn't offensive?
    If you are a chicken farmer, possibly, because you wouldn't want to kill all hens. 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Southgate has made some **** picks! 🤣
    Who? squad looks alright. Only Philips is a weird one due to his injuries.

[QUOTE=Moulin Yarns;7158719]If you are a chicken farmer, possibly, because you wouldn't want to kill all hens. 😉[/QUOTE Heres me thinking the banners aimed at the rangers fans yet it was all about attilla the hun invading Aberdeen . Banner was aimed at rangers fans and as much as I don't like them the banner was 100% offensive .

[QUOTE=Donegal Hibby;7158744]
    If you are a chicken farmer, possibly, because you wouldn't want to kill all hens. ��[/QUOTE Heres me thinking the banners aimed at the rangers fans yet it was all about attilla the hun invading Aberdeen . Banner was aimed at rangers fans and as much as I don't like them the banner was 100% offensive .

Rangers previously led a campaign to try to have the word hun banned, arguing that it is a derogatory slur used against Protestants, and one of "religious hatred"

It is not a slur against Protestants, but it is directed at rangers fans in general.
    Thousands of Protestants follow Celtic and would call them [rangers fans] by that name.
    "Go home ya huns" was sang a lot at ER back in the day
    I dont imagine any Hibs fan thought it was a slur against Protestants when chanting that.
    "Religous hatred "!!?
    Coming from them?... who want me to go back home after they have been up to their knees in my blood.
    As well as " not walking away" they dont do irony !!
    Edit:
    I note the guy responsible for the banner was swiftly arrested and charged.
    Says it all, that does.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 14-11-2022 at 08:10 PM.

Would you find it acceptable for opposing fans to display a banner saying Kill all Hibees ?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Would you find it acceptable for opposing fans to display a banner saying Kill all Hibees ?
    When i was a young guy (60s /70s) going to Ibrox and Hampden playing them, i think there were more than few occasions when that mob were determined to injure and maim Hibs supporters .In fact,every visit!.
    Stoning buses that were moving and full of fans, including women and kids.
    Smashing bus windows with lumps of wood,goading fans to get of the coaches to fight.
    Ambushing small groups and setting about them with beer bottles .Seen it all through there.
    You could smell the hatred. This was no pavement dancing. It was frightening.
    Surprised no one got killed,but i saw a few badly injured fans in those days,one or two with scars to this day .

Whilst i dont find it acceptable,in that it inflames situations that may be fragile in the first place,a few words written on a piece of cloth doesn't compare !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 14-11-2022 at 08:33 PM.

[QUOTE=Mick O'Rourke;7162492]

Rangers previously led a campaign to try to have the word hun banned, arguing that it is a derogatory slur used against Protestants, and one of "religious hatred"

It is not a slur against Protestants, but it is directed at rangers fans in general.
    Thousands of Protestants follow Celtic and would call them [rangers fans] by that name.
    "Go home ya huns" was sang a lot at ER back in the day
    I dont imagine any Hibs fan thought it was a slur against Protestants when chanting that.
    "Religous hatred "!!?
    Coming from them?... who want me to go back home after they have been up to their knees in my blood.

As well as " not walking away" they dont do irony !!
    Yeah with the stuff they sing they cant really talk too much , seem to remember them causing a kick up about the " hun " word . Was once called a green Hun myself by a Celtic fan .

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    When i was a young guy (60s /70s) going to Ibrox and Hampden playing them, i think there were more than few occasions when that mob were determined to injure and maim Hibs supporters .In fact,every visit!.
    Stoning buses that were moving and full of fans, including women and kids.
    Smashing bus windows with lumps of wood,goading fans to get of the coaches to fight.
    Ambushing small groups and setting about them with beer bottles .Seen it all through there.
    You could smell the hatred. This was no pavement dancing. It was frightening.
    Surprised no one got killed,but i saw a few badly injured fans in those days,one or two with scars to this day .

Whilst i dont find it acceptable,in that it inflames situations that may be fragile in the first place,a few words written on a piece of cloth doesn't compare !
    We can probably all tell stories about our treatment from Rangers fans. I don’t think the answer is to respond with more hatred though, we should all be better than that.
    Last edited by marinello59; 14-11-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Losing over 5 million for the 2nd year running is a lot for a club planning on building a new state of the art stadium and a fairly hefty wage bill too , lucky they sold a couple of players or am I reading to much into this ?