hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    No idea if there’s a chance but Jason Kerr, Graeme Shinnie are the types we are missing. Need someone in midfield who has some urgency.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea if there’s a chance but Jason Kerr, Graeme Shinnie are the types we are missing. Need someone in midfield who has some urgency.
    Wouldn’t be any chance of getting Kerr anyway, but has just done his ACL.

As awful as the form has been I don’t think we can sack him.

We need to build continuity.

As poor as some people consider the last 2 windows to have been you also need to consider that Ross was the manager until December and then Maloney appointed and had a window instantly. Maloney then plans for the summer and Johnson comes in.

Johnson will have now had a decent amount of months to asses who is and isn’t good enough and plan for January.

With key players fit - Nisbet, McGeady, Boyle, McKirdy and Magennis that in itself should transform us (if they stay fit).

Johnson will be ruthless in January imo, he relied on and thought some players (Henderson) were better and would offer more than they have.

He’ll also surely be under no illusion about the requirement for a new, quality number 10.

He’ll also realise Magennis and Mitchell are not reliable at all and can’t pin hopes on then being fit.

If we sack him it will be another manager coming in with the same thoughts he and Maloney had and that everyone gets a clean slate - some players shouldn’t get that chance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

As poor as some people consider the last 2 windows to have been you also need to consider that Ross was the manager until December and then Maloney appointed and had a window instantly. Maloney then plans for the summer and Johnson comes in.

Johnson will have now had a decent amount of months to asses who is and isn’t good enough and plan for January.

With key players fit - Nisbet, McGeady, Boyle, McKirdy and Magennis that in itself should transform us (if they stay fit).

Johnson will be ruthless in January imo, he relied on and thought some players (Henderson) were better and would offer more than they have.

He’ll also surely be under no illusion about the requirement for a new, quality number 10.

He’ll also realise Magennis and Mitchell are not reliable at all and can’t pin hopes on then being fit.

If we sack him it will be another manager coming in with the same thoughts he and Maloney had and that everyone gets a clean slate - some players shouldn’t get that chance.

agree with all of that mate and I do think that's what the club will do. I don't think we'll hear anything from then anytime soon in regards to this latest run of poor results like, the break couldn't have come at a better time for us. Though there aren't any positives I would say haven't went through what hopefully will be our worst spell of the season we are only 2 points off third place January as we all know is absolutely massive for us if we have any hope in achieving our goals I expect a clear out and quality in the door.

Coaching Staff

If he’s honest - and ruthless - he’ll move on Newell, Porteous, Hanlon, Lewy, Campbell, Magennis, Bojang and Mitchell - that would be a great start to a rebuild. None would be a loss and it frees up huge wages and gets potential fees.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    If he’s honest - and ruthless - he’ll move on Newell, Porteous, Hanlon, Lewy, Campbell, Magennis, Bojang and Mitchell - that would be a great start to a rebuild. None would be a loss and it frees up huge wages and gets potential fees.
    Don’t agree with all of those names, some are at least semi reliable and will be cheap for what they offer.

Hanlon and Stevenson - Both will be cheap compared to players of similar ability that we could get (Stevenson said this himself) and would be fine as back up.

Porteous - Inevitable he will be sold. A good player but it’s like he thinks he’s above this level now and just doesn’t concentrate so probably best for all parties to leave.

Campbell - I’d say similar to Hanlon and Stevenson. He also at least fits Johnson’s style.

Magennis - Invested a lot of money, time and rehab that everyone will be desperate he succeeds. He’s got quality but we need to see it - we’ll need to cut our losses eventually though if his injury continues but could be expensive.

I’d be more than happy if

Bojang
    Schofield
    Henderson
    Youan
    Mitchell

All left

I can see JDH leaving as I can’t imagine him being happy not starting and we already have Newell and Kenneh. I actually rate him and think he’s good when playing forward at pace and with an intensity like he showed at the start of this season and start of last season.

There’s about another 10 that could leave without notice but I’d rather they at least got a chance

Maybe , but players have contracts so can`t just be got rid off without compensation . Also , did Nesbit contribute a lot in the last few months before his injury ? How much are we expecting of Boyle after the World Cup ?

Promising Youngster
    If porteous is off I’d go for obileye at Livi solid centre half and a threat in the opposing box

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If we don't sign at least two starting midfielders I honestly couldn't care less what happens in January.

Nouble please 🙏🏻.
    Bullied hearts, would love him in a hibs top.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Nouble please 🙏🏻.
    No chance he comes here. Hearts were looking at him at end of summer window so I suspect he might go there.

No chance he comes here. Hearts were looking at him at end of summer window so I suspect he might go there.
    It’s all ifs and buts. Big marv could have a word though 😉

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Nouble please 🙏🏻.
    Struggling to score goals and you would have us sign a guy who has only scored 3 goals in 20 games this season and about a dozen in his whole career, thank god fans dont have a say in who we sign

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    If we don't sign at least two starting midfielders I honestly couldn't care less what happens in January.
    100%. Midfield has been an issue for years now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Struggling to score goals and you would have us sign a guy who has only scored 3 goals in 20 games this season and about a dozen in his whole career, thank god fans dont have a say in who we sign
    Agree, folk have mentioned the St Mirren forward who had a good game v the rangers, the Ayr forward who is scoring for fun, previously Omeonga would do a job in midfield. I dont mind the big awkward forward kind of player if he plays alongside a nippy wee ****er who gets onto the end of scraps bit other than that I dont think he is what we need

Folk moan their tits off on here because we signed Bojan, Tavares, Melkerson etc but we see those names mentioned above, puntsRus gone mad 😀

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Yepp. They’ve got money to chuck at it as well.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Brutal truth but required , he won't do it thou .

First Team Regular
    Nouble please 🙏🏻.
    He almost never scores, so would fit in well with our current attack.

First Team Breakthrough
    It does not free up wages.the players contracts have to be paid as per contract,the club has agreed this .

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    It does not free up wages.the players contracts have to be paid as per contract,the club has agreed this .
    Don't think anyone is saying release them.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

How long have we been crying out for them?!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    How long have we been crying out for them?!!
    Totally! Pretty much since McGinn left in 2018. No one was expecting a direct replacement for McGinn, but we've not even been close to solving the midfield problem since then.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Don't think anyone is saying release them.
    If they are so bad,who will pay a transfer fee.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    If they are so bad,who will pay a transfer fee.
    If they are told to find a new club, won’t be a transfer fee until to be paid. Presume he’s already has this conversation with Bradley

Wonder when Lee will tell the ones he wants moved on, that they are not part of his plans

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If they are told to find a new club, won’t be a transfer fee until to be paid. Presume he’s already has this conversation with Bradley

Wonder when Lee will tell the ones he wants moved on, that they are not part of his plans
    I would think he has told the players he wants to move on ,then they can make their own moves,also he has approached the players he wants from other clubs.it’s an on going procedure.dealing with agents and managers .I hope he has earmarked a player to kick his teammates backside,if they are hiding during the game.

Gamer IDs

Know he gets mentioned all the time and I've no idea how often he's playing, but we need a Graeme Shinnie type and then a creative mid. Sign two like that I reckon we'll be fine.

Boyle, Nisbet, Magennis (hopefully) and to a lesser extend McGeady back as well.

Testimonial Due
    What about the big Ayr striker, watched him on Friday night, and he looks a handful!
    Think they said he had scored 10 goals already this season and is very mobile.

Get some hairy-ersed SPL defenders in.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    What about the big Ayr striker, watched him on Friday night, and he looks a handful!
    Think they said he had scored 10 goals already this season and is very mobile.
    Looks a cracking player, a clear upgrade on at least a few of our attacking options

Sure I’d read that he had a decent goal return in the conference last year - but we opt to go scouting in The Gambia etc haha

Nouble another that would improve us imo

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Totally! Pretty much since McGinn left in 2018. No one was expecting a direct replacement for McGinn, but we've not even been close to solving the midfield problem since then.
    Magennis was/is the solution.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!