hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 271 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope the recruitment team have something big planned

The funny thing is I don’t necessarily think the young players signed are brutal, there’s just far too many of them.

We need experienced and proven players with quality and a bit of game intelligence.

We’ve missed out on a lot of quite obvious signings imo to sign risky players.

I have no issue with taking a risk on Tavares etc but there needs to be a balance
    i think the recruitment team have done enough damage already mate lol a new director of football should be mandatory this January

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I don’t expect much if any incomings January.
    Likewise

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Porteous wanted by stoke, luton, Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall according to the DR.

Hopefully make a bid in January and we get something for him

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...move-hibs-efl/

The amount of errors in that is staggering.

Neil will be doing some job to get Stoke in the top flight of Scottish football 😅

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Our under 19s are more realistically under 17 and they're nowhere near ready for first team football.
    And adding more young players will only further block pathways for them to the first team.

I find it incredible that right now any Hibs fan would be pushing for more investment in the youth team. We need first team players, not squad players or youngsters.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    And adding more young players will only further block pathways for them to the first team.

I find it incredible that right now any Hibs fan would be pushing for more investment in the youth team. We need first team players, not squad players or youngsters.
    I want the best players we can find to progress to the first team. If we can recruit better youngsters than we currently have, it would be madness not to.

Investing in youth costs pennies relatively and in no way affects our ability to strengthen the first team.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I want the best players we can find to progress to the first team. If we can recruit better youngsters than we currently have, it would be madness not to.

Investing in youth costs pennies relatively and in no way affects our ability to strengthen the first team.
    Have to disagree with you on that one. We spent between £150-200k on the assistant’s boy. I’m sure that could have been better spent on the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Have to disagree with you on that one. We spent between £150-200k on the assistant’s boy. I’m sure that could have been better spent on the first team.
    Yeah that's a hefty sum. We won't know if it could have been better spent elsewhere until he matures. Hopefully it pays off.

I was meaning generally, it's not expensive to develop young players.

On the wider issue, there's no future in identifying a youngster who would be an improvement on what we have, only to let him go to hertz or another competitor.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    My thoughts on the next transfer window are a bit of a horror show. On the one hand we desperately need to bring in some established players able to deliver in key positions as well as offloading as many of the many mediocrities as possible.

On the other hand I fervently hope that the chequebook, debit and credit cards, bank access codes, green shield stamp books, loose change, promissory notes, IOU slips, cash and any keys to the safe are all removed from the possession of the Sommelier well before, during and after the window opens and closes.

I would be Happy for Ryan to leave but how much realistically would we get? Look what happened with Souttar and the huns.

Another so called young phenomenon?

A central midfielder is yet needed again but could Johnson be looking at Mcgeady for the number 10 role?

If ryan was to go then would another CB be Number 1 priority? Could we survive with Hanlon, Rocky, Fish and McGregor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I would be Happy for Ryan to leave but how much realistically would we get? Look what happened with Souttar and the huns.

A central midfielder is yet needed again but could Johnson be looking at Mcgeady for the number 10 role?

If ryan was to go then would another CB be Number 1 priority? Could we survive with Hanlon, Rocky, Fish and McGregor?
    By the time Mcgeady gets fit, if he ever does, he will have missed half the season, he's not going to be a regular starter for Hibs, you can't rely on someone at his age to start for us every week, you'll be lucky if he plays another 10 games for Hibs. We need to again go back into the market and sign proven quality to come in and start. It's never ending. Stop with the experiments.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

It’s obvious he is going to sign a pre contract come Jan, if we can get £300k-£400k in Jan I would rather take the money and try and bring in another player or 2, I know others may think keep him anyway but he hasn’t been great of late

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Porteous wanted by stoke, luton, Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall according to the DR.

Hopefully make a bid in January and we get something for him
    Get it done early doors so we can get on with things. We all know he's away, he's just not telling us

I'd imagine we'll have our replacements lined up

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    It’s obvious he is going to sign a pre contract come Jan, if we can get £300k-£400k in Jan I would rather take the money and try and bring in another player or 2, I know others may think keep him anyway but he hasn’t been great of late
    It’s clear his mind is elsewhere and there are spells it’s impacting on his form
    So if he doesn’t sign a new contact during World Cup break I think we have no option but to try and get a fee for him
    But the flip side of that is he signs a pre contract with some other club and that helps him settle down again and concentrate on playing his best for us

Dipo Akinyemi?

Getting rave reviews in the championship, 13 goals already for Ayr. Only signed for them in the summer but last season scored 18 in 37 in the national league in England.

Would be a cheap punt and looks like the sort of striker that would do well in the top flight.

Would be stunned if teams lie Livi aren’t looking at him, looks a Martindale signing.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Dipo Akinyemi?

Getting rave reviews in the championship, 13 goals already for Ayr. Only signed for them in the summer but last season scored 18 in 37 in the national league in England.

Would be a cheap punt and looks like the sort of striker that would do well in the top flight.

Would be stunned if teams lie Livi aren’t looking at him, looks a Martindale signing.
    I love a signing like that.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I love a signing like that.
    Not another punt?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Not another punt?
    buT maRTiNdAle WouLd SiGn hIM
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Heard we were after 3 foreign guys , first ones expensive , second one has no interest in coming to us and third ones fallen thru cause we can only sign two !
    1= Costa lotta doh .
    2= hoo effin Kares .
    3= wane too mane .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Heard we were after 3 foreign guys , first ones expensive , second one has no interest in coming to us and third ones fallen thru cause we can only sign two !
    1= Costa lotta doh .
    2= hoo effin Kares .
    3= wane too mane .
    And the worst Dad joke of the year award goes to….

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    And the worst Dad joke of the year award goes to….
    I know mate not good but thanks for the award for the Dad joke ,I normally get them for a bad joke....
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 12-11-2022 at 12:39 AM.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ld-cup-3909874

Expected to get about 400k due to Boyle and Irvine being with Australia at the World Cup.

Very decent amount before the window reopens

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ld-cup-3909874

Expected to get about 400k due to Boyle and Irvine being with Australia at the World Cup.

Very decent amount before the window reopens
    Been reading other articles on this and theres been no mention of us getting money for Irvine ,just wondering if it's true ? Must be true as I've seen that Celtic are to gain from ex player "Frimpong " making Dutch squad.
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 12-11-2022 at 12:00 AM.

Article states we get the same amount for both players
    I would have though the players current club would get the majority of the payment

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Dipo Akinyemi seems to be scoring for fun for Ayr, not seen much of him myself. Anyone know if he’s on the radar?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Dipo Akinyemi seems to be scoring for fun for Ayr, not seen much of him myself. Anyone know if he’s on the radar?
    Think he’s one of these players that’s got an absolutely awful career to date but seems to have found a club that has worked for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Dipo Akinyemi seems to be scoring for fun for Ayr, not seen much of him myself. Anyone know if he’s on the

radar?

Watched him a few times on tv,seems to have something about him,has some nice touches not just a big strong lad IMO.

Would the facilities and coaching at Hibs improve him ?

There’s no suggestion we are after him but the St Mirren number 7, Ayunga I think he’s called is a good player I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There’s no suggestion we are after him but the St Mirren number 7, Ayunga I think he’s called is a good player I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club before too long.
    Scored today v the Huns and looks better than Botang and Yohan on current form

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Scored today v the Huns and looks better than Botang and Yohan on current form
    I liked him against us even though he didn’t score in that game.