hibs.net Messageboard

Motherwell on Saturday (return of le god)

Should be a cracking atmosphere due to our recent form feel good factor is back big crowd expected (too soon for a dot count?😳) oh and the return of a certain legend hopefully a packed out Easter Road to give him a brilliant reception canny wait

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Looking forward to the game, we play like we have been of late and should win by a couple of goals. Confidence and momentum is building throughout the team and support and sat is great chance to keep it going.
    Cant wait to see Franck on the pitch ofcourse ! Be great to see the big man back in the pitch at the holy ground again !

@hibs.net private member
    The rendition of “There’s Only One Sauzee” should be pretty special.

First Team Regular
    Should be a special afternoon. Could be a tricky one though - Motherwell playing well.

So looking forward to Saturday seemingly the new manager of Motherwell plays quite an attacking game no matter who they’re playing and with our lot very attack minded should be goals in it add the appearance of the legend we should be expecting a very healthy crowd

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rendition of “There’s Only One Sauzee” should be pretty special.
    For sure - warming up my vocal chords as I write (take pity on my neighbours)

Man for man I think we are miles better than motherwell, although they seem to be going well just now. Still think we will get the job done, 3 points, a goal for the big Ukrainian, there's only one Sauzee.

Can’t wait for Saturday. Partly because of Sauzee being there but I’ve just actually enjoyed my visits to Easter Road since the league started.

Need to get another three points on the board. Just keep building. We should be looking to get ourselves up to third by the time the World Cup comes round.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Can’t wait for Saturday. Partly because of Sauzee being there but I’ve just actually enjoyed my visits to Easter Road since the league started.

Need to get another three points on the board. Just keep building. We should be looking to get ourselves up to third by the time the World Cup comes round.
    Agreed - actually look forward to going to the home games once again.

Having Boyle back and others playing well helps too.

Really tough game after they won 5-0 away from home the other night.

Any win will do !

Bojang out for awhile with a groin problem as a result from doing extra training . JDH out for awhile too needs minor operation . Bushiri , Merkelson and Mcgennis in contention for Saturday. Mitchell looking sharp in training and Nisbet has trained full contact but it's away to soon for him yet . Hibs due to play Ross county on Wednesday 9th of November but game changed to the 8th now Tuesday night 7:45
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 06-10-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Are there still rail strikes going on? Between that and the roadworks/TramWorks whatever it is I'm thinking of giving it a miss. Will make a call Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Are there still rail strikes going on? Between that and the roadworks/TramWorks whatever it is I'm thinking of giving it a miss. Will make a call Saturday.
    Only 20% of train journeys will take place on Saturday across the UK.

Going with the bairn on Saturday. Only his 3rd league game. Really looking forward to it and hopefully he enjoys it.

Very much looking forward to tomorrow, imagine the team will be pretty similar, maybe McKirdy in for Youan?
    LJ made a comment in his pre match interview about Magennis being able to start, and play 60 mins - a benefit of now having 5 subs. Will he start him tomorrow? If so, for who?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Only 20% of train journeys will take place on Saturday across the UK.
    Very limited service to and from Edinburgh tomorrow.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your...ustrial-action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Very much looking forward to tomorrow, imagine the team will be pretty similar, maybe McKirdy in for Youan?
    LJ made a comment in his pre match interview about Magennis being able to start, and play 60 mins - a benefit of now having 5 subs. Will he start him tomorrow? If so, for who?
    Think McKirdy will come in for Youan but no changes otherwise. Midfield have done well in the last couple of games, think Magennis will get a bit longer on the park than last week though.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think McKirdy will come in for Youan but no changes otherwise. Midfield have done well in the last couple of games, think Magennis will get a bit longer on the park than last week though.
    I think he will stick with same again .If it's not broken why try and fix it ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    There’s always room for improvement. I don’t think Youan has been great the last few games so maybe worth trying something a bit different and we may just get that 4 or 5 goals some of our play has deserved 😉

Youan was hooked pretty sharp last week, just think it’s probably time for someone else to get a chance as he’s been disappointing last couple of games for me.

Bojang out for awhile with a groin problem as a result from doing extra training . JDH out for awhile too needs minor operation . Bushiri , Merkelson and Mcgennis in contention for Saturday. Mitchell looking sharp in training and Nisbet has trained full contact but it's away to soon for him yet . Hibs due to play Ross county on Wednesday 9th of November but game changed to the 8th now Tuesday night 7:45
    No mention of McGeady though...

Weather looks a lot better tomorrow dry a bit of sun etc really canny wait for this on good wee run playing well feel good factor is back at club players coming back from injury what can go wrong seriously though really hoping for a big turnout tomorrow to roar us on to another victory and get the old Sauzee songbook out again ..... just need a dot count canny wait ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    3-0 up and bring Le God on for the last 5 mins

@hibs.net private member
    I can see McKirdy starting ahead of Youan tomorrow.

If all of the players LJ mentioned returning from injury do, then it will be interesting to see who’s on the bench and who misses out.

A couple may miss out that would expect to be in there.

We face a real predicament if everyone’s fit. JDH, Dabrowski, Nisbet and McGeady all to come back in too.

Schofield
    Miller
    Rocky
    Stevenson
    Henderson
    Melkerson
    Youan/McKirdy
    Magennis
    Tavares
    Mitchell
    Fish
    McGregor

All of the above competing for 9 (?) places on the bench. I’d imagine Mcgregor will drop out and it may be slightly early for Mitchell too.
    Last edited by yerauldda; 07-10-2022 at 01:08 PM.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Weather looks a lot better tomorrow dry a bit of sun etc really canny wait for this on good wee run playing well feel good factor is back at club players coming back from injury what can go wrong seriously though really hoping for a big turnout tomorrow to roar us on to another victory and get the old Sauzee songbook out again ..... just need a dot count canny wait ggtth
    Anyone got a dot count ????