hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See post 12. It's pish.
    Mckirdy seemed to like it going by his social media posts, still not sure what it is mind you...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    There are no other words in the McKirdy song other than his name. Not sure what LJ found “interesting” about it but it’s quite a catchy tune

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    There are no other words in the McKirdy song other than his name. Not sure what LJ found “interesting” about it but it’s quite a catchy tune
    Maybe that it just went on and on, and he was still on the bench?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    I said on the match day thread the Celtic-Lite element of our support can gtf. Received a reply saying they can stay - we are a 'broad church' which I found odd. No idea what is going on with that section of our support but they are an embarrassment to the club.
    Walked past the pub at the train station just as they were in full flow singing about the IRA.
    They did the same in Perth walking in and standing in front of all the people already there sitting. The guy in front of me with his kid was going ape trying to get them to sit down as his kid couldn't see a thing.

If any Harry McKirdy song isn't a take on 'hurdy gurdy gurdy in the window boaxes' from Still Game then someone has missed a trick.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If any Harry McKirdy song isn't a take on 'hurdy gurdy gurdy in the window boaxes' from Still Game then someone has missed a trick.
    I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought about that song!!

The youngsters see Ross County away as the biggest sesh of the season. Hardly surprising there were some really bad boys singing naughty songs. How dare they.

We are a nation thats still rather attached to random plastic seats printed on random bits of paper so **** no's why, when about three quarters of Scottish grounds are half full why we can't accommodate standers and singers. Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic & Hearts everyone pretty much stands. Dundee Utd, Motherwell & Killie you could have standers lower tier, sitters upper. St Johnstone, Ross County and Livi there is empty stands to easily accommodate both.

Regarding the wee fannies there seems to be a new scene on the go in Scotland as it appears pretty much every decent sized club has its fair share of tadgers. Its good to see a bit of an atmosphere and groups of youngsters heading to the games together etc. Could do without the "wannabe look at me" controversial stuff, but youngsters being annoying wee noel hunts and people using the fitba to get absolutely ******ed, especially trips to the highlands, isn't exactly anything new to Scottish football. Thankfully, as said above most grounds have enough space to move around.

There does seem to be a rise of the Hearts loyal and Hibs Irish stuff but again thats been happening for 50+ years now. The current group will grow out of it and be replaced with a new group in a few years time and round and round we go.

Unfortunately, no doubt we'll have a similar thread after Celtic away. Was Goram/queen/jimmy bell this time, will be the Lisbon Lions next away game....

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The youngsters see Ross County away as the biggest sesh of the season. Hardly surprising there were some really bad boys singing naughty songs. How dare they.
    Anyone singing about Cooper and Novo can GTF

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Anyone singing about Cooper and Novo can GTF
    What or why were they singing about Novo ? Thats a strange one

I've never really been all that bothered about people not sitting in their allocated seats. Different at Tynecastle or Ibrox when our end is full and someone in your seat can leave you with nowhere to go but at the vast majority of our away games there is plenty space for everyone. I can remember people quite literally fighting about a couple of seats at Motherwell a few seasons back, the entire row was empty and we had about 1500 fans in a stand that holds at least double that. It was mental on the part of both parties, just move 2 or 3 seats along.

I get why clubs want people in allocated seats but personally it would be better and cause less aggro if most away games were just unallocated seating, people would naturally find the right area for them and could move if they didn't fancy the people around them. Then again we are talking about Scottish football in which a number of clubs won't even sell tickets directly on the day of a game so anything that makes things a bit easier for fans is unlikely to fly.

As for the songs. It's predominantly daft young boys who will grow out of it. I can't speak for others but at 15, 16 or 17 I wasn't worried about what some guy in his 50s or 60s thought of me. I thought he had just forgot what it is to be young and as I get older myself I realise 17 year old me was close to spot on with that. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but someone mentioned knowing how to keep things separate. ER or an away game isn't the place for something that might be a bit of a laught at a house party or a Wolfetones gig. That's the kind of thing most people learn with age.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I've no qualms with these guys having a few beers and following Hibs, I thought the atmosphere in the Mallard and at the game was great but we can do without the non Hibs related songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    We are a nation thats still rather attached to random plastic seats printed on random bits of paper so **** no's why, when about three quarters of Scottish grounds are half full why we can't accommodate standers and singers. Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic & Hearts everyone pretty much stands. Dundee Utd, Motherwell & Killie you could have standers lower tier, sitters upper. St Johnstone, Ross County and Livi there is empty stands to easily accommodate both.

Regarding the wee fannies there seems to be a new scene on the go in Scotland as it appears pretty much every decent sized club has its fair share of tadgers. Its good to see a bit of an atmosphere and groups of youngsters heading to the games together etc. Could do without the "wannabe look at me" controversial stuff, but youngsters being annoying wee noel hunts and people using the fitba to get absolutely ******ed, especially trips to the highlands, isn't exactly anything new to Scottish football. Thankfully, as said above most grounds have enough space to move around.

There does seem to be a rise of the Hearts loyal and Hibs Irish stuff but again thats been happening for 50+ years now. The current group will grow out of it and be replaced with a new group in a few years time and round and round we go.

Unfortunately, no doubt we'll have a similar thread after Celtic away. Was Goram/queen/jimmy bell this time, will be the Lisbon Lions next away game....
    The fact that there was plenty space is what made it quite annoying. Why force their way in to an area that was already pretty full which, in turn, forced a lot of folk already there to move? Just go to the empty bit. I’m all for folk standing and making a bit of noise at the fitbaw but just disregarding other folk completely is a bit pish.

I've never really been all that bothered about people not sitting in their allocated seats. Different at Tynecastle or Ibrox when our end is full and someone in your seat can leave you with nowhere to go but at the vast majority of our away games there is plenty space for everyone. I can remember people quite literally fighting about a couple of seats at Motherwell a few seasons back, the entire row was empty and we had about 1500 fans in a stand that holds at least double that. It was mental on the part of both parties, just move 2 or 3 seats along.

I get why clubs want people in allocated seats but personally it would be better and cause less aggro if most away games were just unallocated seating, people would naturally find the right area for them and could move if they didn't fancy the people around them. Then again we are talking about Scottish football in which a number of clubs won't even sell tickets directly on the day of a game so anything that makes things a bit easier for fans is unlikely to fly.

As for the songs. It's predominantly daft young boys who will grow out of it. I can't speak for others but at 15, 16 or 17 I wasn't worried about what some guy in his 50s or 60s thought of me. I thought he had just forgot what it is to be young and as I get older myself I realise 17 year old me was close to spot on with that. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but someone mentioned knowing how to keep things separate. ER or an away game isn't the place for something that might be a bit of a laught at a house party or a Wolfetones gig. That's the kind of thing most people learn with age.
    So everyone should just give up the middle of the stand to the young team and us old guys get stuck in the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    So everyone should just give up the middle of the stand to the young team and us old guys get stuck in the corner?
    What did people do for all the decades before allocated seating? Did the young team of the 60s and 70s help the old boys to their seats and give them a penny out the poor box? I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    What or why were they singing about Novo ? Thats a strange one
    Probably the same one that their big brothers (or should that be bhrothers?) have been singing for years about how they hope Novo dies in his sleep from a bullet from the IRA.

Classy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Perspective indeed mate - That’s horrendous!

@hibs.net private member
    Agree with your point. Would we accept groups of younger people forcing more elderly people from their seats on the bus? Football grounds have become a bit of a lawless area where anything goes but anti-social behaviour shouldn’t be tolerated.

I used to go to a fair bit of away games but would think long and hard about taking my 7 year old son to away games given the goings on and songs. That’s a real shame.

I like an atmosphere and would be quite happy for the FF lower where I currently sit to be given over for a singing section but we shouldn’t promote anti-social behaviour.

Perhaps time for the club to intervene and speak to the leaders.

I also think it’s getting time for more police at grounds again. It’s got to the point where as a football fan you just have to accept the anti-social behaviour as a part of the experience. That shouldn’t be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did people do for all the decades before allocated seating? Did the young team of the 60s and 70s help the old boys to their seats and give them a penny out the poor box? I have my doubts.
    I don’t think people are really moaning about allocated (or unallocated seating) in regards to yesterday. More the fact that most of the area was already populated, more folk came in than there were seats (not just talking 2 or 3 but dozens). As mentioned earlier, there was ample space elsewhere, just use that.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Not sure posts like this add much to a constructive debate. Are you essentially saying that because it’s the the longest trip of the season that means it’s a requirement to get even drunker than shorter away trips and the associated behaviour is just to be accepted?

Singing edgy or risky songs is part of being young, but there’s a line between that and being a selfish coked up ned that is directly impacting on those around them. If you ignore the fact they were making people move from their seats because of where they wanted to sit, singing about the IRA/Novo/Goram etc and being coked up then yes, how dare people complain about them singing.

My daughter will be of an age to start going to games in the next couple of years. As it stands think I’d be more likely to take her to the woman’s team than the mens team and certainly not away games until there’s some actual policing in the ground.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m too young to know what the 60s & 70s were like but yesterday was a bit of a shambles. The young team coming in with about 5 mins to go til kick off, the area was already populated with folk in their own seats and there were probably around 4 young team per seat came in and forced there way into the already populated area. They could easily have went along to the other end of the stand that was sitting empty at this point rather than everyone who was already in their seats having to move

@hibs.net private member
    I suspect we could look back 20yrs on this forum and find similar threads. If .net had been going for 40yrs we’d find some back then too. Supporter behaviour is something that comes up periodically. I don’t understand the sudden overreaction, for example calling for the club to “do something about it”.

I also wonder where the young team learnt these songs? Probably from the previous generation(s), some of which perhaps folk in here participated in back then!

With regards to allocated seating I understand that if the seats are unallocated then the capacity of the area is reduced. I can't remember by how much and I'm not sure if the home club has the option to switch between allocated and unallocated between games.
    Space to let

Testimonial Due
    I
    I also wonder where the young team learnt these songs?
    From these Celtc kuntz of course. That’s been going on with young team for 10 or more years and I see from here today that the McKirdy ones also taken from them.

Incredible fascination with Green Brigade or other kiddy on “Ultra” groups at Parkhead when for the 20 or 40 years you mention, Hibs fans have been keen to distance ourselves from those imposters.

@hibs.net private member
    I suspect we could look back 20yrs on this forum and find similar threads. If .net had been going for 40yrs we’d find some back then too. Supporter behaviour is something that comes up periodically. I don’t understand the sudden overreaction, for example calling for the club to “do something about it”.

I also wonder where the young team learnt these songs? Probably from the previous generation(s), some of which perhaps folk in here participated in back then!
    Ive never heard songs about Mercers Wife until recently or Novo, have never heard hibs fans sing about Cooper and the Queen and Goram have recently passed so hardly learnt from previous generations

Is this the team that are wanting lower FF to grow their standing/singing section ? If so and they continue with those tasteless songs then their experiment wont last long as they will continue to piss off a lot of hibs fans

Apologies if its a different group altogether, Im all for creating a better atmosphere but get rid of those arsey so called songs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    From these Celtc kuntz of course. That’s been going on with young team for 10 or more years and I see from here today that the McKirdy ones also taken from them.

Incredible fascination with Green Brigade or other kiddy on “Ultra” groups at Parkhead when for the 20 or 40 years you mention, Hibs fans have been keen to distance ourselves from those imposters.
    What Celtic songs got an airing yesterday DC? Unless Hail, Hail is deemed one.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think people are really moaning about allocated (or unallocated seating) in regards to yesterday. More the fact that most of the area was already populated, more folk came in than there were seats (not just talking 2 or 3 but dozens). As mentioned earlier, there was ample space elsewhere, just use that.
    Yep got to be said that would have pissed me off also if sitting already in your seat. Obviously just trying to mimic the wee Huns at Tynecastle unfortunately just falls into the label the vast majority of Hibs fans don't want to be a mini cellic

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish_sleepy View Post
    Walked past the pub at the train station just as they were in full flow singing about the IRA.
    They did the same in Perth walking in and standing in front of all the people already there sitting. The guy in front of me with his kid was going ape trying to get them to sit down as his kid couldn't see a thing.

Ben Kennel walked past there about 2:30 and stood and watched them so he will be well aware of what was being sung both before and during the game.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

My ticket allocated through the AST scheme was pretty much in the corner anyway which I wasn't too fussed about, initially I thought Block 7 had been allocated the middle of the stand but it turns out that wasn't the case after speaking to people who got forced out their seats by them. Out of order.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.