hibs.net Messageboard

Edinburgh capitals

Looking to start taking the kids back as they enjoyed it precovid. Has anyone been back since they switched from the racers and has much been done in way of development to the ice rink?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking to start taking the kids back as they enjoyed it precovid. Has anyone been back since they switched from the racers and has much been done in way of development to the ice rink?
    Someone else might correct me as I'm a bit out the loop living south of the wall these days...and I'm a Flyers fan being from the Kingdom.

I think they folded about 4 years ago and restarted mid 2022 as the Capitals. They're in SNL which is basically 2nd division as the Elite league is top league in UK. I'm not sure what the standard will be like now.

Fife, Dundee and braehead who are Glasgow now all play in the Elite league.

Murrayfield was under new ownership I think which is linked to the resurgence of the Caps.

Can't really help with much else.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Have been to their two matches away at Kirkcaldy and Dundee. Kirkcaldy result was a disappointing 4 1 loss, Kirkcaldy had played an unbeaten 4 matches, with it being the Caps first. The match in Dundee last weekend was incredible, Caps going 5 1 up, then tiring to hold on 5 4.

The latest on the rink is: https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news...-rink-25107815

I thought they reverted to being called the Racers a few years back? Or are they different clubs?

Tony hand had a consortium that got the ice time for murrayfield. Racers came back until COVID struck. From what I've read they were meant to get ice time in Dundee when restrictions were easing but there was meant to be some beef about players that had gone to the racers from one of the Dundee teams so the offer was pulled and the racers went defunct

@hibs.net private member
    Caps won 6 8 at Kilmarnock last night