hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tv deal

"Neil Doncaster claims Rangers were going to vote for new Sky TV deal but only if SPFL apologised for cinch row"

https://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?p=7112063&noquote=1

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if blocked hours means 3pm or hours that sky are showing a game
    Both I’d imagine.

Missed chance. Rangers chief Bisgrove names five other broadcasting companies SFA could have gone for. Story in Scottish sun .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Missed chance. Rangers chief Bisgrove names five other broadcasting companies SFA could have gone for. Story in Scottish sun .
    Are the SFA involved in a deal between the SPFL and broadcasters?

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Are the SFA involved in a deal between the SPFL and broadcasters?
    Sorry my mistake should have been SPFL .

If it's in the sun it's absolute bollocks. The sun newspaper can GTF.
    Cougars!!!

Two reasons why it will be a load of bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Two reasons why it will be a load of bollocks.
    Not denying anything coming out of two aren't a load of bollocks btw. Scotsman has also went with story only it's 4 instead of 5 .also have story up now that the Scottish league has there strongest financial results on record in there 132 years of the league due to ' Cinch and Sky deals .
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 29-09-2022 at 11:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not really up to speed on what the new contract conditions are but are this would votes through by the clubs from what I understand, are we in any doubt that the likes of Ron Gordon, and fellow financial directors, are going to sanction a deal unless they are sure it’s not the best we can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I’m not really up to speed on what the new contract conditions are but are this would votes through by the clubs from what I understand, are we in any doubt that the likes of Ron Gordon, and fellow financial directors, are going to sanction a deal unless they are sure it’s not the best we can come up with.
    Reading Martindale's comments I think we've collectively gone for the right deal rather than the best we can come up with. He described this as a good deal but not a great one.

Given that we are just through a pandemic and with the costs starting to bite it is no surprise we've gone for certainty and security rather than being a bit adventurous.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Reading Martindale's comments I think we've collectively gone for the right deal rather than the best we can come up with. He described this as a good deal but not a great one.

Given that we are just through a pandemic and with the costs starting to bite it is no surprise we've gone for certainty and security rather than being a bit adventurous.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    It’s phrased like they were interested however if you read the article he is just naming broadcasting companies, big difference from them being interested or making a offer

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    It’s phrased like they were interested however if you read the article he is just naming broadcasting companies, big difference from them being interested or making a offer
    Yeah typical rangers though trying to stir things up cause they didn't get what they wanted .Thought what Martindale said about it was on the money . Not a great deal but a good deal . Probably cause it was only one on offer too.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    If it's in the sun it's absolute bollocks. The sun newspaper can GTF.
    Did they no run a story recently about the 'Old Filth'c. possibly being in the 'Best League In The World#' as a possibility? FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

In the current political/economic/social climate seems reasonable enough, IMHO!

Theres footage up in the Scotsmans marking a 150 years of the Scottish game for anyone that wants to watch it?

It was short and quick but interesting all the same.That was some goal btw ,wonder what year and against who?
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 30-09-2022 at 10:27 AM.