hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar

Any Kickboxing or Muay Thai fans here?

Brilliant Glory Kickboxing card earlier, and the chat about Boxing had me wondering if there's anyone in here with a shared passion for other combat sports such as these two? Admittedly im a bit of a geek and watch most events I can, its cracking entertainment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    My wife was a kickboxer many moons ago.
    Pretty decent too. Fought in the Scottish championships and nearly knocked me out in a lift once showing off 😁

My youngest does it at Livi fight club.
    At one point he was doing Jujitsu, boxing and Thai boxing.
    The Thai boxing coach left and it morphed into kick boxing.
    Last edited by sleeping giant; 21-08-2022 at 12:06 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Before covid I trained Thai pretty seriously. Was lined up to jump into the local circuit at C Class level but after two fights getting called off due to injury (myself) and another opponent being miles away from making weight, I decided to pack it in.

I still love watching muay thai and some of my friends fight at a relatively serious level, but for me it felt like a second fulltime job and there were times that I'd have rather done anything else than a gruelling workout that involved getting punched in the head after my 9-5.

I want to get back to it much more than I train now, but I don't think I'll ever try to fight again

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    ONE Championship is my go to place for combat sports entertainment these days, I'm yet to see a boring fight!

Just found out that Liam Harrison lost against Nong-O yesterday, somewhat ironically to a leg kick - since he is the leg kick king.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyTwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ONE Championship is my go to place for combat sports entertainment these days, I'm yet to see a boring fight!

Just found out that Liam Harrison lost against Nong-O yesterday, somewhat ironically to a leg kick - since he is the leg kick king.

Yeah was a cracking card, One are by far and away the second best MMA promotion, miles ahead of PFL and Bellator, and the Muay Thai, Kickboxing and Sub grappling on their cards as well as MMA just tops it off.

The talent in their smaller divisions id argue beats the UFC, DJ would beat Figgy if he was in the UFC, as would Moraws, I just hope it gets the promotion it deserves.

Gutted about Rodtang pulling out, he's a joy to behold when he's on.