hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

The season so far

There was a lot of negativity after the Livingston game but as far as I’m concerned we have had 3 good results against one bad result. Not the easiest set of opening fixtures and to be sat on 5 points is far from poor. We have 6 winnable fixtures in a row and it’s time to kick on with our drive for 3rd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a lot of negativity after the Livingston game but as far as I’m concerned we have had 3 good results against one bad result. Not the easiest set of opening fixtures and to be sat on 5 points is far from poor. We have 6 winnable fixtures in a row and it’s time to kick on with our drive for 3rd.
    Agree to an extent, but we shouldn't be looking at it that way. we want to beat Hearts at home. and Livingston away shouldn't be a defeat they're poor. St Mirren away next week isn't easy at all. I just dont see us killing any games even today prior to boyles equaliser we're powderpuff not making chances. so hopefully find a spark soon Boyles still not his old self that's to come im sure.

The Livi game was bad but to be fair that big unit they had up front played an absolute blinder .
    Apart from that we’ve done alright in the league . Some real positives in big Elie , Marshall , Boyle and Cabraja . Newell and Campbell were excellent today .
    Most of our games have had plenty excitement and drama , it’s been entertaining for sure

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If you’d said 5 points after 4 games I’d have taken that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    It’s a work in progress and I just hope people can see it and give it enough time. The Boyle and Youan combo is deadly, think they are going to have a good season together.

Left by mutual consent!
    First half against Livi was *****. Apart from that we look like a team finding itself but with some promising signs. Youan and Boyle are as good as you can hope for with Hibs. If we can find something better than Doidge then happy days. Bushiri has been superb so far. We need to stop conceding from crosses which has been an issue for too long and seems to be less to do with the CHs and more to do with tracking back and closing the cross down in the first place.

@hibs.net private member
    Our team is less settled than the most likely toughest opponents for 3rd. If Aberdeen win today and Hearts loose to Celtic we are 1 and 2 points behind them respectively having played Hearts and Rangers. Could be worse.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I’d say we’ve taken the minimum we’d have wanted which sets us up for a fairly nice run of fixtures. We’ve shown some vulnerabilities, however have also more than matched both Sevco and Hearts even though the BBC would have you believe they are Barcelona and Real Madrid. More to come from us, but could do with a new CB and new CM.

It's a brand new team growing every week and i think we are actually ahead of schedule.

I'm loving this adventure and certain we are going to end up a right good side.

Small things like a composed left back, a front two faster than any defence and chest banging today as they combined again. A manager willing to throw the dice after 25 mins. Passing the ball forward!!!

Love it!

I think Boyle, Youan and Cabraja are top players. But otherwise the creativity is lacking. Need an anchor in the middle, perhaps another CB, and - above all else - more time. Then we might have something exciting.

Edit to add: just re read that, and makes it look like a complaint. It’s not. Like the poster above, I’m loving the new look and gradual rebuild