hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BBC - Cheeky *******s

"Never mind the Edinburgh festival. For daring theatre, overblown drama, and a fair chance of some slapstick, Easter Road is the place to be this weekend."

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think that’s quite good. For the BBC anyway.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quite a decent line to be fair!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62579109

The preview also says we haven't won a top flight game v the huns at ER since 2006 and our 'one chink of light' was the League Cup semi win.

Seems a bit misleading when you consider we dished out a few beatings to them at ER in the Championship and have won a fair few games at Ibrox over the last 10 years.
    Last edited by He's here!; 20-08-2022 at 09:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    There was another “chink of light” in games with Rangers between 2006 and now but can’t recall exactly what it was…

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The preview also says we haven't won a top flight game v the huns at ER since 2006 and our 'one chink of light' was the League Cup semi win.

Seems a bit misleading when you consider we dished out a few beatings to them at ER in hhe Championship and have won a fair few games at Ibrox over the last 10 years.
    One chink of light. Wow we only one the Scottish cup against them also. Incredible reporting

It’s fairly typical of the sort of media coverage we get against them when supposedly respectable outlets go with lines that basically say “Hibs have a terrible recent record against Rangers if you ignore all the times that they’ve actually beaten them.”

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It’s fairly typical of the sort of media coverage we get against them when supposedly respectable outlets go with lines that basically say “Hibs have a terrible recent record against Rangers if you ignore all the times that they’ve actually beaten them.”
    Indeed

The most depressing thing about the BBC article is that they can only be bothered to comment on three games.

What's so difficult about doing 3-4 paragraphs on each of the six matches?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The more I read it the more ridiculously misleading it is...'Hibs have proved hospitable hosts, failing to win any of Rangers' last 20 top flight visits to Easter Road stretching back to 2006.' As you say, let's just mould the stats to exclude the numerous games against Rangers that Hibs won.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

When did Hibs fans become so precious and sensitive!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned Ł2,389.68!

The more I read it the more ridiculously misleading it is...'Hibs have proved hospitable hosts, failing to win any of Rangers' last 20 top flight visits to Easter Road stretching back to 2006.' As you say, let's just mould the stats to exclude the numerous games against Rangers that Hibs won.
    Yep, the OP quote doesn’t bother me at all but that stuff is astounding. Desperate, desperate stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

When did Hibs fans become so precious and sensitive!
    I'm neither. It just niggles when you see something like that which is skewed to make it look like Rangers basically own us.

They may as well have said -
    "If you exclude the games Hibs have won, Hibs have yet to record a win against Rangers in their 147 year history"

It’s not factually wrong ! However it’s very skewed towards the “shake your car keys in the hope you’ll forget everything” sort of journalism Aka the BBC…

@hibs.net private member

Seems a bit misleading when you consider we dished out a few beatings to them at ER in the Championship and have won a fair few games at Ibrox over the last 10 years.
    Beaten them 11 times in all comps at all venues since the last home top flight win. I'd be surprised if any side outside Celtic can match that!

Ibrox
    5 Hibs wins (3 of them in the top flight!)

Easter Road
    4 Hibs wins (Championship/playoffs)

Hampden
    2 out of 2🤣

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    They may as well have said -
    "If you exclude the games Hibs have won, Hibs have yet to record a win against Rangers in their 147 year history"
    😂😂

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    If we stuff them 6-0 the BBC report will read "serial losers, Hibs, win just one top flight game against Rangers in 18 years.

One particular match is more than a chink of light for us.
    Its a beacon.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Only this weekend? Surely they should add in the next time that we play The Rangers at home as well?

Why do people get offended by this keech? BBC as a whole is an over blown gossipmonger which is comparable to the likes of Heat magazine.

I'd say I'm less offended and precious than I am amused by the ridiculousness of it.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicoM1875 View Post
    Why do people get offended by this keech? BBC as a whole is an over blown gossipmonger which is comparable to the likes of Heat magazine.
    I'm offended because I am forced by the law to pay the wages of the people who wrote if I want to watch any TV legally

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/foo...ost_type=share

Huns' '20 game unbeaten run' against Hibs also thrown into the live match hhread.

I noticed Sky put up the same stat, only for Crocker to then add that we had a decent record against them in the Championship. Not sure his producer would have liked that!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    "Never mind the Edinburgh festival. For daring theatre, overblown drama, and a fair chance of some slapstick, Easter Road is the place to be this weekend."
    Bbc - Basic brain-dead corresponding

First Team Breakthrough supershotmo's Avatar
    Rangers have not beaten Hibs at Hampden since 1979. Put that stat on Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Almost a spot-on prediction! How can anyone get upset by that?
    I'm more annoyed that Rangers are now 21 top flight games unbeaten at our place when they were there for the taking. Good spirit and energy shown to get the draw though and plenty of positives to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I noticed Sky put up the same stat, only for Crocker to then add that we had a decent record against them in the Championship. Not sure his producer would have liked that!
    Steven Thompson on Sportscene also said our last home win against them came in the Championship.

It is factually wrong. The club known as Rangers ceased to be in 2012. The current club playing as The Rangers were only founded in 2012. They didn't play a top-flight game until they made their first appearance in the top-flight in the second half of 2016. I seem to recall that they were roundly thumped by all top-flight clubs they played in competitive fixtures until they eventually managed to qualify for the top-flight for the first time in their history. Never let the media make up their own "facts".