hibs.net Messageboard

Biggest problem - Biggest opportunity

Biggest share of possession
    Most chances
    Most corners

Forget signing more players

And / or get a few ex players in to chat to the players on how they were prolific back in the day. Use the Hibs family e.g. Gazza, Deeks, Wrighty, Kevin H

Lack of goals converted is our biggest problem. Let’s see what LJ is doing about it!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

After his first few games Mowbray had a get together with the team and emphasised how to "take more care" in front of goal. I don't know what shape the conversation took but that's what was said in the press.

Quite pleased with the amount of chances being created, shows good approach play but a need for more poise and composure.

Over 20 chances in any game up here and you should be winning the match.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After his first few games Mowbray had a get together with the team and emphasised how to "take more care" in front of goal. I don't know what shape the conversation took but that's what was said in the press.

Quite pleased with the amount of chances being created, shows good approach play but a need for more poise and composure.

They could do with learning when they've got time to take a touch and when they need to hit it first time. Don't know if it's a confidence thing but far too often our players take a touch too many which allows a defender to get a block in. Does my nut in that I can see it'll get blocked if they take a touch but they don't seem to see it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

20 chances is a bit of a stretch, not every shot on goal can be classed as a chance surely.

Regardless, we do need to be more clinical but we also need to create more clear cut chances imo.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Think LJ was right when he said at some point these chances are gonna hit the back of the net when the boys gel and someones going to get a tanking. We're creating plenty, and last season that definitely was not the case

Against Livi we had 23 shots, 14 corners and a few crosses through the penalty box.

FORTY opportunities to shoot earlier, aim more accurately or make a better or faster run.

Converting these chances into goals will only improve with better coaching and unless the coaches are themselves experienced and talented former strikers then all the practice in the world will achieve little.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Said on the PM board that Johnson and the team reminded me of when we first appointed Stubbs. Young, new squad low on confidence, doing all the right things but not quite clicked. Relaxed, calm manager capable of bringing out the best in them.

It'll click soon. Hopefully the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Biggest share of possession
    Most chances
    Most corners

Forget signing more players

And / or get a few ex players in to chat to the players on how they were prolific back in the day. Use the Hibs family e.g. Gazza, Deeks, Wrighty, Kevin H

Lack of goals converted is our biggest problem. Let’s see what LJ is doing about it!!

I need to know what was prolific about Kevin Harper!

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Against Livi we had 23 shots, 14 corners and a few crosses through the penalty box.

FORTY opportunities to shoot earlier, aim more accurately or make a better or faster run.

Converting these chances into goals will only improve with better coaching and unless the coaches are themselves experienced and talented former strikers then all the practice in the world will achieve little.
    Are corners and crosses now an opportunity to take a shot?