Class act! Wish him all the best

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for all the magic, Scotty. All the best

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for the memories Scotty. All the best

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loved watching SA playing. A talented laddie who was able to produce wee moments of magic that were beyond most in this league.
    I kept hoping that he would be able to get back to even close to full fitness. The performances against Dundee Utd and St Johnstone away (when he undoubtedly made the difference) gave me real hope that he was on the way back.
    Like many on here I was a bit mystified as to why he wasn’t getting a gradual increase in game time when he could still be a match winner.
    However, there were 3 occasions (under JR I think) in a short period of time, all at home when he came on for the last 20 mins or so. Against celtc, hawrts (iirc) and I can’t recall who the other was. In all 3 games he was only on a few minutes, against players who had been on the park the whole game. And in all 3 games he did exactly the same thing.
    He has never been particularly known as a grafter or a ball winner but on all 3 occasions his opponent had a half yard start on Scotty, but instead of chasing his opponent down (which he would have done under normal circumstances) he instead had a wee fly kick/trip at the player instead.
    Considering that he was ‘fresher’ than the other player, I don’t believe it was lack of desire or a poor attitude, he just seemed unable, or at least did not trust himself to be able, to hunt the ball down.
    At that point I realised that this is what the coaches can see on a daily basis and that sadly his health/lack of fitness meant that his ability to play at a meaningful level had gone.
    We are never likely to be such a dominant team that we can afford to play a luxury player who makes a couple of good passes each game but is totally unable to do basic running.

After witnessing that I reluctantly understood that his time with Hibs was over.
    No matter how hard you wish for something to be different it doesn’t mean it will be.
    Unless there is a major medical breakthrough I don’t believe he will be able to to make a meaningful contribution to any professional club. Especially when you also factor in other aspects that some have touched on, insurance costs and the general fear that he could has a serious ‘incident’ while playing.

As hard as it may be to come to terms with, I think Scott should start looking at what he wants to do with the next chapter in his life. Whatever it may be I wish him all the luck in the world and thank him for the skill, excitement, and entertainment that he provided.
    Good post Tom

I wish Scott Allan all the best at Arbroath FC and hope it all works out for him as it will be a massive test

I just wish he wisnae wearing maroon

Thanks for the memories Scotty Boy

@hibs.net private member
    Glad such a talent isn't going to be lost to the Scottish game.
    Well done on your move to Arbroath, Scotty.
    All the best for the future.

Good luck Scotty

Good luck Scott.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post
    I don't know, sadly most likely.

Was a good article (OP link).

Just been watching the 2019/2020 goals and assists video.

Scott seemed at times to have a sixth sense and his awareness especially re Boyler was amazing.

Wish him all the best.

He was a class above wish him all the best

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Plenty clubs will sign him but he will need to lower his wage request. Queens Park will sign him if he does.
    He can't have been asking for much if he's signed for Arbroath.

Anyway good luck Scotty hope it works out for you pal.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Good luck Scott, Arbroath have a player.

Thanks for the memories,Scott
    You are one of the most talented and gifted fooballers to wear the Hibernian Green in recent times.
    All the best to you with the Red Lichties.
    Hopefully we draw you in the Scottish Cup this season at ER and an opportunity to give you a big thank you.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 18-08-2022 at 10:32 AM.

One of my all time favorites to watch at Hibs and worth the entrance fee alone on some performances. People will say wasted potential at times and the health issues hindered him but he made football look beautiful, that is enough to say he was a sensational player and a true hero at Hibs. He can be proud of his lasting impact. The Sevco episode can be forgiven as he is a Sevco fan and he gave his all and repaid our faith when he returned here.

A classy and talented player and I wish him all the best.

I understand that Scott would have did well financially at Celtic Park.
    However, the game in Scotland lost out, as in 4 seasons at Celtic he played in only a handful of games for them
    Yes he went out on loan,but played little football in 4 years .
    His abiding football memories will be his time with us.

Wonderful player what a midfield we had with SJM Dylan and Scott. Good luck Scott.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Not many players would have survived being a known Hun then leaving for a move to go through to one of the uglies, only to return and it's all basically forgotten about. Just goes to show how talented and loved he was by Hibs fans!

Easily one of my favourite ever Hibs players and that includes every spell he had at us. Gutted when he left but absolutely delighted he's back in the game again, love the man.
    Last edited by JohnM1875; 18-08-2022 at 03:17 PM.

He still had so much to give Hibs had it not been for his medical condition. Arguably deprived him - and us - of the best years of his career. A wonderful player on his day. Glad he's found a club.

All the best with your new club Scotty, stick in sur . Talent never leaves.

Terrific player. Love him and wish nothing but the best for him.

Allan was a joy to watch, so best wishes for him.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

He’s on open goal this week talking about the move to Arbroath

Watched that. It was a frustrating couple seasons for him and the fans as he wasn't given the chance to string together matches and show if he really still had it. Apart from that one spell under Ross which had him run the show in the first half against DU in the cup.

An extra reason to wish Arbroath all the best for the season, wouldn't be surprised if Scott is back in the Premiership next season with another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    He’s on open goal this week talking about the move to Arbroath
    Just watching it now, seems really frustrated about the lack of chances he got and thought he was biting his tongue a bit when asked a couple of questions