hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stale

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Ron Gordon needs to come up with more dough.
    Some of them did look a bit half baked in the first half.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    The season looks stale already, it looks like we'll be relying on Boyle, Marshall and Cadden to be the difference.
    How can you say the season looks stale already, when the football we have been watching this season, is an improvement on the football we were watching in the 2nd half of last season. LJ has nearly got as many leagues points as Shaun Maloney already and the football is much easier to watch for sure. I think there is plenty improvement in us.
    Last edited by badabing67; 15-08-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    A deserved win and a deserved draw.
    And a undeserved defeat, there goal came from a free kick that should of been a free kick to us imo

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    How can you say the season looks stale already, when the football we have have been watching this season, is an improvement on the football we were watching in the 2nd half of last season. LJ has nearly got as many leagues points as Shaun Maloney already and the football is much easier to watch for sure. I think there is plenty improvement in us.
    Suppose it depends on wether you are easily pleased.

You mean realistic?

Who said anything about being pleased, the football I'm watching this season is not as stale as the football i was watching last season.

@hibs.net private member
    How can you say the season looks stale already, when the football we have been watching this season, is an improvement on the football we were watching in the 2nd half of last season. LJ has nearly got as many leagues points as Shaun Maloney already and the football is much easier to watch for sure. I think there is plenty improvement in us.
    Since when did 4 points become almost as many as 22? 😂

Who said anything about being pleased, the football I'm watching this season is not as stale as the football i was watching last season.
    Stale is an improvement from last season if you want to take a positive perspective.

First Team Breakthrough
    The feelings of staleness and frustration will disappear when we hump the currant buns on Saturday.

or

The feelings of staleness and frustration will continue when the currant buns hump us on Saturday.

No coconuts for selecting what is more likely to be the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    The feelings of staleness and frustration will disappear when we hump the currant buns on Saturday.

or

The feelings of staleness and frustration will continue when the currant buns hump us on Saturday.

No coconuts for selecting what is more likely to be the outcome.
    A mind feeling like that when we beat them in the cup.
    They’ve lost aribo and bassey and their new signings will be settling in.

We know they won’t sit in and defend so should be a good marker for us and where we are at atm.

Sneaky feeling we might just get a result off them.
    They play tonight let’s hope they get rag dolled about ibrox 😁

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    One fortunate win, one fortunate draw and a predictable defeat.
    I would think that will be probably be the pattern for the season and with no cup football to look forward to till the new year it's no wonder the natives are restless.
    Nothing fortunate about the win or the draw, this sort of stuff doesn’t help the conversation. We need to give credit where it’s due as much as we give criticism when it’s due.

If it’s down to late goals then the defeat was unfortunate - but it’s not, we got what we deserved on those three games.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Nothing fortunate about the win or the draw, this sort of stuff doesn’t help the conversation. We need to give credit where it’s due as much as we give criticism when it’s due.

If it’s down to late goals then the defeat was unfortunate - but it’s not, we got what we deserved on those three games.
    Livi scored quite late on Saturday - is that predictable or unfortunate?

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Fair enough Matty, maybe the wrong choice of words but the OP was about a flatness and lack of enthusiasm so early in the season .
    At the moment we have only 4 points from a possible 9 and no cup football to look forward to in the immediate future. The early signs are that this season is going to be another yet another mid table grind which certainly doesn't create much of a buzz for me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Fair enough Matty, maybe the wrong choice of words but the OP was about a flatness and lack of enthusiasm so early in the season .
    At the moment we have only 4 points from a possible 9 and no cup football to look forward to in the immediate future. The early signs are that this season is going to be another yet another mid table grind which certainly doesn't create much of a buzz for me.
    I understand.

I’m excited by the team, we’ve seen some glimpses of the potential and my opinion is that we’ve a handful of players that are going to improve week on week, so we will have an exciting and entertaining second half of the season.

My expectations aren’t that high right now, there’s a lot of work to be done in the training field to get the team where it needs to be, but i am confident that we’ve got the people in place and the means to do it. I could be wrong, obviously, but for now I’m keeping my enthusiasm and looking forward to a promising season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    We are a strong centre half and quality centre mid away from being a decent side imo.
    As we've needed for a few windows now and nothing ever gets done for those positions.

Out the league cup and our performances have been very poor in the 3 league games so far (one last minute winner against team that'll be bottom 2).

It's early enough for it to improve, but early signs are it's all a bit the same. Poor quality and boring to watch.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    It's mental that last minute goals are being spun as something negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Negative people find a negative in everything (except when assessing themselves). They'll say they're not being negative, it's just their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I think it's a brilliant trait to have. Livi scored late on Saturday but you could see they were still nervous about our late goal trend and we should have got it through Bojang.

Stale? Nah

This team are only just in the oven

I think we've had players in key roles who've underperformed in the last 2 weeks and the 1st half v Livi was poor (I think LJ will have learnt a lot from it) but the type of football we seem to be trying to play is far more interesting than it was particularly under Maloney.

Youan I think will be a tremendous addition as his movement and ability to get on the end of long balls is something we haven't had for a while. When Boyle is back starting we won't be far off ....if we can get our attacking midfielder and new centre-half in.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    It's absolutely twisting the narrative. There are never any references made to unfortunate draws or defeats.
    No wonder i stay away from here for days after a defeat. Its not as if weve never struggled there. What chance has any manager with so much negativity. Should klopp go after two draws should ross and goodwin be binned now too. At least wait till the furst round of fixtures before making judgements. Its seems some people are never hapoy unless they are miserable. Imho of course.

@hibs.net private member
    And a undeserved defeat, there goal came from a free kick that should of been a free kick to us imo
    AND an unlucky draw - don't forget the cheating Yams' goal was hand ball!

I totally disagree with the OP. Sure the LC exit was disappointing.

But on the brighter side, we have a few players yet to get into their stride who could potentialy provide some goals & excitement, a clutch of players to come back from injury who we would hope to be influential, a manager who is playing a noticeably more adventurous style AND the potential to make signings over the next couple of weeks.

And lets not forget - we have Martin Boyle back in the side - a move that not many of us saw happening only a few weeks ago.

Stale??? You've got to be joking - it's been a rollercoaster so far and I expect more highs - and lows. But hopefully much more of the former than the latter.

Thank goodness for the return of Boyle
    but apart from him what other player is going to take some responsibility, it's all potential and nothing else, maybe Henderson if he is played in the correct position and not shoe horned on to the left wing where it is clearly uncomfortable. I'm sticking with stale.

but apart from him what other player is going to take some responsibility, it's all potential and nothing else, maybe Henderson if he is played in the correct position and not shoe horned on to the left wing where it is clearly uncomfortable. I'm sticking with stale.
    We need players back from injury/suspension - Mitchell, McGeady and Tavares could/would all play that left hand side role Henderson has had and that would then release him through the middle where I think we will see a lot of upside.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    We need players back from injury/suspension - Mitchell, McGeady and Tavares could/would all play that left hand side role Henderson has had and that would then release him through the middle where I think we will see a lot of upside.

I agree and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

Tbf I don’t think Newell or Porteous shy away from responsibility, their performances just haven’t been up the the standard yet.

How you can call a season stale after three league games is mental to me, let’s wait till after the first round of fixtures at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    Tbf I don’t think Newell or Porteous shy away from responsibility, their performances just haven’t been up the the standard yet.

How you can call a season stale after three league games is mental to me, let’s wait till after the first round of fixtures at least.

Respect your opinion but I don't think it is mental and it is more than 3 games counting the cup farce. If things improve after the first round fixtures I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong and more importantly I'll be delighted.
    Porteous needs to influence games like Boyle and Newell has to add more to his game he's a neat and tidy player at the moment, there are lots of them in this stale league.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post

I’m not sure it’s that mental. We’re out of the cup, the other one starts in 5 months, we don’t look a great side and we’re woefully short of quality right through the spine of the team and look every bit a mid table/bottom half team.

The season looks stale already, it looks like we'll be relying on Boyle, Marshall and Cadden to be the difference.

Sorry but I think this is a very poor post three games into the start of a new season. We have signed new players who require to adjust to Scottish football and still have a few out injured, who will return.