hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit perplexed at some of this. Rocky has been one of the best players this season? Think that's not even been a controversial opinion, either. He's been better than Porteous. Been at all of the games and Rocky would be in the top 3 most consistent- and not in a bad way.
    I’m not so sure about that. He doesn’t look comfortable and saw a few fresh air swings/miskicks last week. Doesn’t have any awareness for a CB. Well aware he hasn’t been the worst since the start of the season but it’s not saying much with many of this squad.

Also missed Cabraja who I have been very impressed with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

My only concern is LG hasn’t fixed the glaringly obvious problems that were staring him in the face in the league cup games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    I’m not so sure about that. He doesn’t look comfortable and saw a few fresh air swings/miskicks last week. Doesn’t have any awareness for a CB. Well aware he hasn’t been the worst since the start of the season but it’s not saying much with many of this squad.

Also missed Cabraja who I have been very impressed with.
    Missed Cabraja? In what way?

He played.

Sorry do you mean you omitted him?

Didn't think today he was particularly great. Also getting booked an awful lot. Lewy will need to be back soon as he'll undoubted get a suspension.
    Last edited by LewysGot2; 13-08-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Missed Cabraja? In what way?

He played.
    As in I missed him off my original post. I have been impressed with him. What gets me is the CB and CM positions when we could see these areas needed improvement over a year ago and we are still waiting. That is a failure on the recruitment side

Always a chance the players somehow raise the game against The Rangers and get a win or a draw then lose St.Mirren tge following week after raising our hopes for the season.

I don't think we'll be in danger of relegation this season but I also can't say that we won't be in danger of relegation with any degree of certainty.

I think the signings of Marshall and Boyle will see us pick up points that we wouldn't have otherwise got but I do think we still have a very mediocre squad overall and the inadequacies which saw us pick up just 3 points more than St Johnstone over the last 30 games of last season haven't really been addressed.

Based on what I've seen so far (and I accept it is still early doors) we are in for another bottom six finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrimbetween View Post
    Is it just me, even next week is massive against that shower
    Every game will be massive all season. How Hanlon gets on the pitch bemuses me.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    I feel like we have a good manager and a lot of good players. Our midfield is just too weak and that has the effect of putting too much pressure on the defence and little service for the attackers.

Just one really solid centre mid would make a huge difference. I just hope the club feel the same way and are making moves.
    100% or just play Dylan Tait and see what happens, it can’t be any worse than Newell playing every week

Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    My only concern is LG hasn’t fixed the glaringly obvious problems that were staring him in the face in the league cup games.
    Poor Sparky! Getting the blame even when he's on the other side of the world 😉

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy McKirdy View Post
    It’s just another typical week to be a Hibby, last minute draw against that lot last week giving us hope then next time we get beat, doom and gloom and we’re going doon.
    There’s no grey areas being a Hibby, it’s positively bi-polar.
    Yep it is ridiculous over reactionary and helps no one

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Poor Sparky! Getting the blame even when he's on the other side of the world 😉
    Haha, oops 😬. Surprised nobody has called me a Jambo yet

Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    Haha, oops ��. Surprised nobody has called me a Jambo yet
    Yer a Jambo.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I thought 8th or 9th place finish before the season started . Mainly due to new manager, high turnover of players, injuries and inexperienced youngsters in key positions.

We'll trundle along winning the odd game, drawing more and losing a good few but I don't think we're bad enough to go down.

Rangers game will be a totally different game than today, I don't see us winning it but a draw would be a decent result. Bit concerned with how easy it has been on a few occasions to walk thru us but hopefully they'll iron it out on the training ground this week.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't think we'll be in danger of relegation this season but I also can't say that we won't be in danger of relegation with any degree of certainty.

I think the signings of Marshall and Boyle will see us pick up points that we wouldn't have otherwise got but I do think we still have a very mediocre squad overall and the inadequacies which saw us pick up just 3 points more than St Johnstone over the last 30 games of last season haven't really been addressed.

Based on what I've seen so far (and I accept it is still early doors) we are in for another bottom six finish.
    Agree with the point on Marshall and Boyle. Even today, Marshall keeps us in the game first half then has a really good save second half as well before they did score. For all we had a lot of pressure, their goalie had a pretty easy day.

It’s going to be back to giving the ball to Boyle and hoping he can do something. I find it really frustrating as, unlike some, I don’t think it’s down to lack of investment or backing for the manager. Still look like a team without any real plan for me.

G
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    I thought 8th or 9th place finish before the season started . Mainly due to new manager, high turnover of players, injuries and inexperienced youngsters in key positions.

We'll trundle along winning the odd game, drawing more and losing a good few but I don't think we're bad enough to go down.

Rangers game will be a totally different game than today, I don't see us winning it but a draw would be a decent result. Bit concerned with how easy it has been on a few occasions to walk thru us but hopefully they'll iron it out on the training ground this week.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
    A draw against Rangers wouldn’t be a decent result. It would be a miracle.

Problem is Ron Gordon has stated this squad should finish in the top four
    As things stand we really don’t look like a top four team .Two quality signings and a couple of our injured players back snd on form could change that
    But with so many new signings and do many players without a lot of experience at this level am not sure top four is realistic
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 14-08-2022 at 12:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree with the point on Marshall and Boyle. Even today, Marshall keeps us in the game first half then has a really good save second half as well before they did score. For all we had a lot of pressure, their goalie had a pretty easy day.

It’s going to be back to giving the ball to Boyle and hoping he can do something. I find it really frustrating as, unlike some, I don’t think it’s down to lack of investment or backing for the manager. Still look like a team without any real plan for me.
    There goalie made as many good saves as Marshall did if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrimbetween View Post
    Is it just me, even next week is massive against that shower
    If we can't defend against Livi we won't have much chance next week, our record against Sevco is atrocious in recent times.
    Last edited by LunasBoots; 13-08-2022 at 08:32 PM.

****ing groundhog day.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    He didn’t, we had less shots on target than them for a start.

That aside, I can’t remember us properly testing their goalie. Marshall has made a save one on one from Nouble to keep us in the game first half. And he had a brilliant save in the second half. We showed zero quality when we had the ball in and around their box.

Only save of any note I can remember was from Youan’s shot near the end, which he almost made a meal of.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 13-08-2022 at 08:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Can only really remember their goalie saving a long range effort from Youan

Looks like another season where Hearts need to do absolutely nothing to finish 3rd by virtue of every other team being crap. Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United all in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

There definitely isn't a lack of investment, we certainly can't put the blame on that but I do think the talent identification and recruitment need to be seriously improved.

Don't get a sinking feeling for the season - just a gut wrenching feeling on losing the game. Also get that weary feeling from the fans reaction to every loss. Lose a game and everyone is awful, getting relegated and win a game and only a player or two short of a good team going for Europe.

We got beat away to Livi courtesy of a shocking 1st half and losing a late goal. We'll play crap again this season and we will lose games, every team will.

IMO we will finish no lower than 5th and no higher than 3rd. Probably 4th. We will qualify for Europe through the league.

As for relegation chat, do me a favour and pull up your big boy pants

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Don't get a sinking feeling for the season - just a gut wrenching feeling on losing the game. Also get that weary feeling from the fans reaction to every loss. Lose a game and everyone is awful, getting relegated and win a game and only a player or two short of a good team going for Europe.

We got beat away to Livi courtesy of a shocking 1st half and losing a late goal. We'll play crap again this season and we will lose games, every team will.

IMO we will finish no lower than 5th and no higher than 3rd. Probably 4th. We will qualify for Europe through the league.

Think it’s fairly difficult to predict who will finish where because, despite a lot of the hype, nobody seems to be really improving. I know it’s early doors but we don’t look any better, Aberdeen don’t, Dundee Utd don’t.

It could be another season where someone manages to get fourth on the basis of them just being less **** that the rest (like Utd last season) rather than actually being a decent side themselves.

We have signed two really good individuals in Marshall and Boyle who will win us points with their own big moments but we still don’t look like a functioning team. We’ve not improved on what we had defensively, not addressed the glaring midfield issue and have a bunch of forward players who offer little goal threat (Boyle aside).

@hibs.net private member

I think the relegation chat has as much merit as the idea we’ll finish between 3rd and 5th. With this squad, both are unlikely. This squad is destined for 7th, 8th or 9th imo.

Boyle, Cadden, Porto, Marshall, and hopefully nisbet when he's back should be enough to see us top 6. Recruitment has really been poor though. Spending fortunes on kids when first team is very average

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    G

A draw against Rangers wouldn’t be a decent result. It would be a miracle.
    Hardly a miracle

Absolutely. New manager a number of new players it will always take some time. Losing basic goals isn't going to help that is for sure. Personally thought second half we were in the main good and were very dominant on the whole however defensively we look suspect not sure Kenneh has fully looked up to the speed defensively as that is two goals in two games he should have done better imo. Yohan looks a real talent to me and him and Boyle look a real threat. Need a decent central striker though. Personally think JDH should come in for Hendo who has been a little disappointing the last two matches as we will need to keep the ball better and he is probably the best we have at that. Cadden at right back defensively is a concern to me and he thought of Kent running at him is a worry. We will need to have decent support defensively wide.

It's not keeping possession that's the problem. It's using the ball in parts of the field that matter instead of passing it back and across 20 yards either side of the half way line.