hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doidge

'S' Form

Doidge

Not just content with contributing nothing in 18 months to Hibs' attack, he is now costing us points by losing his man. How many more games will this useless tit cost us by contributing nothing but English League 2 mediocrity.

I'd rather play with 10 men, in any game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get rid and get a centre half in

On the basis we’re getting the attacking midfielder

We are still 2 players short

We were much worse with the alternatives playing.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    No one can stick up for him after that. He looks done at this level. Zero positive impact on that game for us.

Wouldn’t be sad to never see him in a Hibs top again

Can't leave quick enough. Passenger

I just said it in the match day thread, but he needs to do far far more.

He is meant to lead the line, link play, be physical etc etc and he just isn’t doing it, he offers nothing at the moment.

Youan looked a lot better out wide to me so based on that I’d be signing a new centre forward and sell Doidge.

Nouble anyone?

I'm starting to agree with others now unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were much worse with the alternatives playing.
    Give it a rest eh. Doidge is pish & today has had a massive impact in us not coming away with anything from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Give it a rest eh. Doidge is pish & today has had a massive impact in us not coming away with anything from the game.
    And yet, what I said was absolutely correct. You may not like him but he's currently part of our best 11. Tavares absolutely woeful

Promising Youngster Sgt. Hartman's Avatar
    Can’t win a header, can’t hold the ball up, can’t run the channels and doesn’t score goals.

Get him gone!

And yet, what I said was absolutely correct. You may not like him but he's currently part of our best 11. Tavares absolutely woeful
    The reason he's still with us playing IS because there is no other viable option that the manager feels would be better. Time for him to go though as he offers nothing at all anymore.

There’s youngsters I would rather see start over him. He offers us absolutely nothing.

Contributed absolute zero, in fact it was a minus as he lost his man for the goal, total passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I just said it in the match day thread, but he needs to do far far more.

He is meant to lead the line, link play, be physical etc etc and he just isn’t doing it, he offers nothing at the moment.

Youan looked a lot better out wide to me so based on that I’d be signing a new centre forward and sell Doidge.

Nouble anyone?
    Yes, definitely Nouble. If we had him we would have scored about 5 today. That’s our problem, we never go for the big awkward forwards.

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    We should try and swap Doidge with Nouble. Nouble would fit into that system so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    There’s youngsters I would rather see start over him. He offers us absolutely nothing.
    Nothing to suggest they would offer more. Melkersen and tavares certainly aren't. Bojang might, but for some reason 5 minutes is his limit.

Looking like a long season ahead.

It's all been said . You wonder if our manager and team just can't see it .😖

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    I’ve always quite liked Doidge as he puts himself about and contributes defensively. However he’s offering no goal threat and his attempt at marking the goal scorer there is terrible.

https://twitter.com/freddie_23_23/st...8cIht1Xq6694EQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Yes, definitely Nouble. If we had him we would have scored about 5 today. That’s our problem, we never go for the big awkward forwards.
    He was a handful at Arbroath last season and a reason why they struggled a bit after Xmas, instead of 200k on random kids it would’ve been money well spent

Nothing to suggest they would offer more. Melkersen and tavares certainly aren't. Bojang might, but for some reason 5 minutes is his limit.

Looking like a long season ahead.
    Well they would only have to offer more than nothing so it’s a decent chance for them.

Had a good spell but has been absolutely woeful in the rest of his time here.

Get rid, can’t score, can’t defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmc2105 View Post
    We should try and swap Doidge with Nouble. Nouble would fit into that system so much better.
    Can we swap him for wife since that's the reason we can't move him one.

Not really involved in the game, had a few half chances with headers but never really caused any problems.

Nouble was a handful for 90 mins and looked decent with he ball at his feet.

He really isn’t part of our best 11. Be struggling to be part of the best 11 in the development squad.

He’s finished at the club. A shell of the player who was scoring for fun a year or so ago.

@hibs.net private member
    He is absolutely not part of our best XI, absolutely nowhere near it and hasn’t been for over a year.

I never said I didn’t like him, I’m just open minded enough to notice that he’s well off the mark required.

@hibs.net private member
    Doidge is like having a mannequin up front

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Doidge is like having a mannequin up front
    A mannequin would be faster.

It is time to cut the ties with the big fella, it could be long term covid non of us will know for many years yet what the long term effects are, but for Christian it is time up.
    It was a pity young Melkersen had to go off, after rolling his ankle in a tackle on that *****y pitch but we need better than Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    He is absolutely not part of our best XI, absolutely nowhere near it and hasn’t been for over a year.

I never said I didn’t like him, I’m just open minded enough to notice that he’s well off the mark required.

I'm open minded as well. He wasn't great today and hasn't showed his best for a while. He's never been as poor as tavares was today.

The manager obviously thinks he's better than bojang and took melkersen off after a rotten 30 minutes.

They're all rotten or none of them are. Doidge today wasn't some stand out problem.

I'm open minded as well. He wasn't great today and hasn't showed his best for a while. He's never been as poor as tavares was today.

The manager obviously thinks he's better than bojang and took melkersen off after a rotten 30 minutes.

They're all rotten or none of them are. Doidge today wasn't some stand out problem.
    Melkersen went off injured, Doidge was mince, we cannot afford sentiment he is past his sell by date.