hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fans are meant to support the club not go up and down on the back of one defeat. Nothing will ever change if many chose to reflect some apparent weakness you seem to be accusing the club of.
    I absolutely agree on your opinion on what following a club should be, I will be there on Saturday as usual. But I was absolutely gutted about yesterday's result, I had seriously hoped the feel good factor from last Sunday would carry over into a good and winning performance at Livvie ... at least a draw anyway.

Instead by all accounts, including the manager's, what we got was a first half of dazzling ineptitude in which we failed to compete with the one team out of 12 in this league absolutely everybody knows you must give 100% effort against, because that's what you will get from them. After an apparent roasting from the manager we then come out and have a far better second half, but still lose the game on the back of what was by all accounts criminal defending and a forward who missed an absolute sitter.

The result is what could have been a good start to the season with two wins and a draw, or at least a solid start with a win and two draws, has turned into same old same old with Hibs following up a result against Hearts, which though only a draw was achieved in a way that made everybody feel great, with a sub standard performance against the financially poorest and worst supported club in the league.

The point here is that it doesn't matter what me and you think fans attitude to 'supporting' their club should be, the absolute fact is that if we want to sell out games against the likes of Rangers or Celtic the walk up fans being asked to fork out £33 for a bog standard league game need to have at least a wee bit of belief that the team can put in a performance that will give us the chance of a win or a draw .... losing at Livvi just doesn't do that.

Right there is the correlation between performances on the pitch and the club making money or not .... if that result has put 1000 adults off attending a game they might have if we had won yesterday, not an unreasonable presumption, then at a stroke it has cost the club a minimum of £33,000 .... when you look at that it makes spending money on the CH and midfield player everybody apart from the folk running the club acknowledges we desperately need seem like a sensible use of the club's resources.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 14-08-2022 at 11:58 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We shouldn't need a result at Livingston to sell out the Huns game. Not this early in the season. If we start the game like we did in the second half yesterday then we have more than a chance of causing an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I absolutely agree on your opinion on what following a club should be, I will be there on Saturday as usual. But I was absolutely gutted about yesterday's result, I had seriously hoped the feel good factor from last Sunday would carry over into a good and winning performance at Livvie ... at least a draw anyway.

Instead by all accounts, including the manager's, what we got was a first half of dazzling ineptitude in which we failed to compete with the one team out of 12 in this league absolutely everybody knows you must give 100% effort against, because that's what you will get from them. After an apparent roasting from the manager we then come out and have a far better second half, but still lose the game on the back of what was by all accounts criminal defending and a forward who missed an absolute sitter.

The result is what could have been a good start to the season with two wins and a draw, or at least a solid start with a win and two draws, has turned into same old same old with Hibs following up a result against Hearts, which though only a draw was achieved in a way that made everybody feel great, with a sub standard performance against the financially poorest and worst supported club in the league.

The point here is that it doesn't matter what me and you think fans attitude to 'supporting' their club should be, the absolute fact is that if we want to sell out games against the likes of Rangers or Celtic the walk up fans being asked to fork out £33 for a bog standard league game need to have at least a wee bit of belief that the team can put in a performance that will give us the chance of a win or a draw .... losing at Livvi just doesn't do that.

Right there is the correlation between performances on the pitch and the club making money or not .... if that result has put 1000 adults off attending a game they might have if we had won yesterday, not an unreasonable presumption, then at a stroke it has cost the club a minimum of £33,000 .... when you look at that it makes spending money on the CH and midfield player everybody apart from the folk running the club acknowledges we desperately need seem like a sensible use of the club's resources.
    Agree wholeheartedly.

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    WEST - 824
    EAST - 768
    FF - 1015
    TOTAL - 2607

So a couple hundred sold in the last two days.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    WEST - 824
    EAST - 768
    FF - 1015
    TOTAL - 2607

So a couple hundred sold in the last two days.
    Could easily sell these to tourists, but can understand why we don’t

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Imagine tourist listening to that mob singing the usual bile.

Ähm no gaun, Ähm in the huff!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Because the tourists who would want to buy them would probably be from the West of Scotland or Northern Ireland, and that would be a recipe for disaster?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Because the tourists who would want to buy them would probably be from the West of Scotland or Northern Ireland, and that would be a recipe for disaster?
    You can restrict the sales to non-UK tourists. I had to show my passport when I purchased a tourist ticket for a Lazio game a few years ago so it would be easily enforceable. I feel like there is a general lack of imagination from Hibs and others on this.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    You can restrict the sales to non-UK tourists. I had to show my passport when I purchased a tourist ticket for a Lazio game a few years ago so it would be easily enforceable. I feel like there is a general lack of imagination from Hibs and others on this.
    Got to agree.

The city is the second most visited city in the UK, there is a huge potential market there.

Some better thinking needs to be deployed from hibs on this matter.

There must also be opportunities at the likes of the airport and Waverley to help punt tickets/gear to arriving and departing tourists.

I’d like to think this kind of thing is being considered in the growth plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    My count disagrees.

WEST - 782
    EAST - 640
    FF - 984
    TOTAL - 2406

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Got to agree.

The city is the second most visited city in the UK, there is a huge potential market there.

Some better thinking needs to be deployed from hibs on this matter.

There must also be opportunities at the likes of the airport and Waverley to help punt tickets/gear to arriving and departing tourists.

I’d like to think this kind of thing is being considered in the growth plan.
    I have occasionally gone to see football matches which happen to be on in cities I've visited as a tourist, but I don't think it's a 'huge' market here. The majority of tourists I see in Edinburgh don't strike me as football fans.
    Last edited by He's here!; 16-08-2022 at 10:10 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Won’t be a sell out but I reckon another 1k will get shifted from now til kick off. You just never know, we might sneak it… That why if you can, you always go 👍🏼

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Small world, I did the same thing in 2000. On my honeymoon, and the missus got heatstroke, so was confined to the hotel. Met a guy in the bar opposite the hotel with a spare ticket. By the time we had walked to the ground via a few bars, I was fully decked out in Lazio kit, including a flag. Great day out.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    My count disagrees.

WEST - 782
    EAST - 640
    FF - 984
    TOTAL - 2406
    Only by 3.

It can go up as well as down. Mainly tickets in baskets that don't get checked out I think.

Quote Originally Posted by donno View Post
    Small world, I did the same thing in 2000. On my honeymoon, and the missus got heatstroke, so was confined to the hotel. Met a guy in the bar opposite the hotel with a spare ticket. By the time we had walked to the ground via a few bars, I was fully decked out in Lazio kit, including a flag. Great day out.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    priorities!

If you don't mind me asking, are you still together?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    I have occasionally gone to see football matches which happen to be on in cities I've visited as a tourist, but I don't think it's a 'huge' market here. The majority of tourists I see in Edinburgh don't strike me as football fans.
    Not sure how you can judge whether a tourist is a football fan or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Well they’re usually Americans with daft T-shirts from the tartan tat shops and hiking boots armed with their 23&Me results that we get in Edinburgh. They don’t strike me as likely to be football fans, but obviously there will be some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    If you pronounce the ä as in German, this becomes Dundonian. Probably a few United in the huff äfter their Euro adventure right enough.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that there's more Hibs could do to target tourists.

I just think that it will only ever manage to attract a few hundred folk tops, and there are certain games it really shouldn't apply to due to the impact of having away fans trying to sit in the home end and the potential for damage that it might cause - Rangers being number one, Celtic being number two.

Not sure how interested your average tourist would be in seeing us play other teams.

If we were about to have 10000 empty seats for a home game with St Mirren and there were thousands of tourists out there desperate to watch a game of football then I'd be well up for it. I just don't think that's entirely based in reality, and I'll be f***** if I'm sitting next to Billy from Shankill Road watching Hibs v Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yes, it's a generalisation I guess but I used to work at the Fringe and Festival for several years and while I was never slow to talk up Hibs to folk from all around the globe, the vast majority of those I dealt with were not visiting Edinburgh with football in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    priorities!

If you don't mind me asking, are you still together?
    With the wife or the guy from the bar ? 😂

Fantastic sales but many ST holders wont attend and there will be spaces

So what still a great att Re

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    We saw the impact a full Easter Road had on this new squad - they fought until the very end, and secured a result, despite being up against it, being a largely new squad, up against a, let’s face it, no bad squad that’s not really changed since doing well last season.

Give them the same backing against the bigoted filth from the West, and get a wee buzz about the club going again.

Tickets on sale now:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hiberni...ent/Index/3258
    lets sell it out and rock the place

drive the team on. we will be there..

Ok, well we have sold negative amounts today apparently. 41 more than there was this morning.

WEST - 775
    EAST - 640
    FF - 1032
    TOTAL - 2447

We have sold some but a lot of seats have become available in the FF.

What is the threshold for the season ticket re-sale option to become available do we know? Is it only if/ once it sells out?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    What is the threshold for the season ticket re-sale option to become available do we know? Is it only if/ once it sells out?
    Yes think so