hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Let’s sell out the Hun game

We saw the impact a full Easter Road had on this new squad - they fought until the very end, and secured a result, despite being up against it, being a largely new squad, up against a, let’s face it, no bad squad that’s not really changed since doing well last season.

Give them the same backing against the bigoted filth from the West, and get a wee buzz about the club going again.

Tickets on sale now:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/3258

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don’t see why we shouldn’t but probably won’t sell out it’s something that has always irritated me how we can sell out derby games but can’t sell out our next home game against killie etc and end of the day three points is three points anyway agree our support so far has been brilliant both in numbers and vocal backing home and away let’s keep it up

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Another sell out would be outstanding. We saw yesterday how good the atmosphere can be in Easter Rd when there’s big numbers in, and what a lift it would give everyone to fill the place again.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Slight tangent, but can you no longer buy a season ticket? There seems to be no option on the web page now, I thought last week it was maybe because the Hearts game had sold out they had removed option but it has not reappeared.

Lets sell it out. No reason why we shouldn't. When was the last time we averaged over 20 thousand for our first two league games?

A lot could depend on the Livvi game, get a win there ( not easy ) and this will have been a pretty good start to the season which will make the Sevco game a wee bit more of a free hit with 7 points already in the bag.

Yesterday was Sunday at 12:00, that game is a Saturday at 12:30 so you would hope folk would find attending it a wee bit easier. I think we will do fine selling the West and East, but as is usual for games against the uglies selling out the FF lower will be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets sell it out. No reason why we shouldn't. When was the last time we averaged over 20 thousand for our first two league games?
    Certainly a while. Hearts fans can only dream of it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jock O View Post
    Slight tangent, but can you no longer buy a season ticket? There seems to be no option on the web page now, I thought last week it was maybe because the Hearts game had sold out they had removed option but it has not reappeared.
    Now back on sale.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...back-on-sale-1

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I thought they might have reduced it slightly as an incentive. Maybe 400 from 420

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I thought they might have reduced it slightly as an incentive. Maybe 400 from 420
    They look "reduced" to me. Back to Early Bird prices which suggests one game is the equivalent value for renewing early.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    They look "reduced" to me. Back to Early Bird prices which suggests one game is the equivalent value for renewing early.
    Season tickets for this season have been at Early Bird prices from the very start, today's prices are the same as they were last week. There was no reduction for renewing early this season, only some free stuff included like a ticket for the Norwich friendly.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ugh, do we have to play them?

First Team Breakthrough
    It won't happen for this game, but I hope that we have such a successful season that we can join the maroon lot in slashing both the uglies allocation to half a stand in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by evy View Post
    It won't happen for this game, but I hope that we have such a successful season that we can join the maroon lot in slashing both the uglies allocation to half a stand in the near future.
    I'd have them lower quarter corner of South stand so we can throw pish & missiles at them from above like they do to us at Ipox.

Hoping the stewards will this time stop these Huns and their union jacks covering the advertisement boards.

It won't make me lose any sleep but the advertising companies shouldn't have to pay to advertise a union jack.

Don’t see why it shouldn’t happen what’s the difference between the two games always pisses me off easily selling out for derby games and can’t sell out for games the next week against other teams rant over

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Hoping the stewards will this time stop these Huns and their union jacks covering the advertisement boards.

It won't make me lose any sleep but the advertising companies shouldn't have to pay to advertise a union jack.
    You'll be waiting a long time.

The police and stewards love enforcing rhe rules with an iron fist against ourselves and the rest of the SPFL, but strangely disappear whenever the Huns or Celtic arrive at ER.

They'll do as they like, once again, and there'll be nothing the police, stewards, authorities or Hibs will do to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

The police and stewards love enforcing rhe rules with an iron fist against ourselves and the rest of the SPFL, but strangely disappear whenever the Huns or Celtic arrive at ER.

They'll do as they like, once again, and there'll be nothing the police, stewards, authorities or Hibs will do to stop them.
    Or the media. Or Nil By Mouth and their cohorts.

There's a strange deaf blindness that overcomes so many people in Scotland when thousands of Rangers fans come to town that magically lifts when a dozen bams from any other team step out of line.

It's almost like mob mentality and bullying and coercive behaviour get you somewhere.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    So does that translate to roughly 13,000 sold so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

The two of them do as they please and are allowed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by evy View Post
    If we're ever in the fortunate position to have 18-19k fans looking for tickets for games v Celtic and Rangers I'd happily give the pair of them the same proportion of our stadium as they give us for Parkhead and Ibrox which would work out at around 300-400 tickets.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    it was great seeing the FF packed last sunday

How many roughly (or can we have the more enjoyable dot count ) have we sold I agree cmon two sell outs at the Leith San Siro in row would be unbelievable let’s do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

None of them seem to have any areas of Glasgow on them. Bigots seem to spread all over the country.

Cheers, time to bite the bullet :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jock O View Post
    Cheers, time to bite the bullet :-)
    👍

Rangers will be sh**ting themselves now Boyle is back. Not sure he'll be fit enough yet to play 90 v Livi but he should be for Rangers.

@hibs.net private member
    Rangers will be sh**ting themselves now Boyle is back. Not sure he'll be fit enough yet to play 90 v Livi but he should be for Rangers.
    I'm not sure they'd be ****ting themselves if they watched the first 49 minutes of the second half though.

Back on topic though, I do always think the arrival of Sevco, and all the offensive nastiness they bring with them, puts off sections of fans from attending? Folk with young kids, or just people who get depressed at the visible failings of humanity (ie the away end). I've certainly avoided Sevco and Celtc games in the past just because they make me sick...

I can’t make this one as I’m at a wedding, so have 2 season tickets available in the middle of the east.

Can I put them up for resale? Or does that only happen when we are close to a sell out?