hibs.net Messageboard

McGeady interview

https://youtu.be/fwtH2kizAYk

On open goal last week and talks about his start to life at Hibs for part of it

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I find him to be quite negative.
    A lot of scepticism from him around the boys coming from abroad which is bizarre.
    Not coming across well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find him to be quite negative.
    A lot of scepticism from him around the boys coming from abroad which is bizarre.
    Not coming across well.
    Hes always been torn faced tbf.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Don’t see anything wrong with that interview came across well

Promising Youngster Sgt. Hartman's Avatar
    I didn’t find him overly negative… he said he doesn’t expect all the new boys to hit the ground running straight away (which is understandable) and is hopeful we can get a result on Sunday to build some momentum.
    He said that Porto was the player that impressed him most since joining.
    Also claims that there has been quite a lot of chat around the training ground about the potential Boyle return, which he claims is/was close but it is a complicated situation.

Not exactly pumping our tires up was he

Still, might just be the way he is

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure if it’s the speed they talk at times or the accents but I found it a bit difficult to pick up what was being said half the time, maybe it’s an age thing🤷🏼

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Didn't think he was negative, more realistic.

Its a new team, with some young signings, he's hardly going to pile the expectation on them. He's been around too long for that.

It's going to be a transitional season, that's the reality imo. New manager, new players, we need to show a bit patience, which, indirectly was McGeady's point.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    Didn't think he was negative, more realistic.

Its a new team, with some young signings, he's hardly going to pile the expectation on them. He's been around too long for that.

It's going to be a transitional season, that's the reality imo. New manager, new players, we need to show a bit patience, which, indirectly was McGeady's point.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
    Yeah this. He could give Deek a run for being blunt mind.

They way I picked interpreted what McGeady was saying is having rangers and hearts in the first 4 games is a really hard start, we have a new team with foreign players who won’t all hit the ground running. Some will take time to adapt and the team might take a while to gel. Hopefully the fans will be patient whilst that happens.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Sounds like his expectations are just realistic rather than negative, don't really understand how you could come away thinking it was all terrible unless you just don't like him.

He certainly didn't take any prisoners in the Sunderland documentary series from what I can remember. There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance as they say and McGeady certainly doesn't lack confidence :)

Good news is that LJ and him seem to have a good relationship and that hopefully means LJ can manage McGeadys particular personality.

Its a shame he's injured, he will be vital for us this season. Impressed me in the friendlies.

Hopefully he's got a new pair of jeans after watching that. Big rip in the crotch not Hibs class 😂

Also like how he said in the Falkirk game at half time he asked what the obsession was with passing it back to the keeper

Makes Andy Hallidays constant smoke blowing up the hearts teams erses even more nauseating.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    He’s back on next week too hopefully better than that frank mcavenie

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Shame he is injured as could have do with him in the bigger games imo.

@hibs.net private member
    I always find it difficult to understand his thick Irish brogue.

Argh…I can’t keep up with the talking over each other In indecipherable nasal whines that this nonsense always delivers. Why do they do it? Cannae make out half of what they’re saying. It’s like 90 mph on the M8 in a convertible audio torture.

only clicked on it because of McGeady. He was okay 👌 The other pair of dafties could only be worse if Slaney was there interjecting

I though it was an interview with Ferguson the amount of yakking he did, typical weidge main opinion is his own.

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    I though it was an interview with Ferguson the amount of yakking he did, typical weidge main opinion is his own.
    To be fair it's not an interview with McGeady, he's just making a guest appearance in their usual show

Great to see that McGeady hasn't changed a bit and is dying to tell it how it is though unexpectedly the usually excellent Ferry got far to bogged down with the nasal drivel sidetracked no doubt and very unnecessary by the non entity in the blue top.😥

Hibs are a pension top up plan for McGeady and he might just keep Johnson in a job but these signings rarely end well which Johnston is astute enough to recognise but is yet to be tested on ditching his own calls.🤔
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 06-08-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    I always find it difficult to understand his thick Irish brogue.
    Link not working .
    Is he no wearing trainers ?