hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

Sauna/Swim/Steam Room

Novice here…

Is there a particular order I should do the above cycle in for maximum benefits? The local gym has all three and having went tonight for the first time, I struggled to work out what would be the best cycle for this (probably doing two rounds of ten mins each I would think).

Does anyone else do something similar who can share their experience/health benefits?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Novice here…

Is there a particular order I should do the above cycle in for maximum benefits? The local gym has all three and having went tonight for the first time, I struggled to work out what would be the best cycle for this (probably doing two rounds of ten mins each I would think).

Does anyone else do something similar who can share their experience/health benefits?
    You’ve changed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    You’ve changed.
    This is what happens when you move to Fife. I’ve changed and I’m not sure if it’s for the better 😂😂
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    The heat benefits the muscles after giving them a workout, gets the blood flowing again, helps repairs the muscle but ive spoken to folk who insist on going in before a swim, dont think anyone will say for certain that there is a set way it should be done, not much help really though sorry

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I would always advise cooling off in the pool after using heat. The sweats when getting changed and then leaving the centre with the sweats is awful.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Went this morning and it was -

Sauna 7.5mins
    Pool 5mins
    Steam room 7.5mins
    Pool 5mins

Will do the same on Sunday except I’ll do two rounds of it. Benefit of the steam room on my sinuses will be fantastic I feel.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Sauna first always then a cold shower

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone ever notice an actual benefit from the sauna and steam room?

I used to go all the time at the gym purely because I was paying for it and I’d already be swimming. Can’t say I’ve noticed any difference for it though..

Went this morning and it was -

Sauna 7.5mins
    Pool 5mins
    Steam room 7.5mins
    Pool 5mins

Will do the same on Sunday except I’ll do two rounds of it. Benefit of the steam room on my sinuses will be fantastic I feel.
    If your are looking for relief from sinus issues then I can't recommend salt rooms highly enough. There is one in Edinburgh, not sure about Fife.

I had chronic sinusitis for years brought about by inflammation caused by hayfever. This was interspersed with bouts of acute sinusitis as well which needed antibiotics.. Steroid sprays, nasal rinses etc just didn't touch the issue. The benefits after only a couple to visits to the salt rooms were obvious. Occasional visits there and a sea water spray has all but eradicated the problem.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If your are looking for relief from sinus issues then I can't recommend salt rooms highly enough. There is one in Edinburgh, not sure about Fife.

I had chronic sinusitis for years brought about by inflammation caused by hayfever. This was interspersed with bouts of acute sinusitis as well which needed antibiotics.. Steroid sprays, nasal rinses etc just didn't touch the issue. The benefits after only a couple to visits to the salt rooms were obvious. Occasional visits there and a sea water spray has all but eradicated the problem.

Without dragging the thread off-topic, I've suffered from various sinus/rhinitis issues over the years compounded by genetics, seasonal hayfever and early-teen turbinate removal.
    Like you PB, I suffered and was prescribed many meds/sprays and again like you, simple salt has been the miracle cure. I use a traditional neti pot (modern equivalents are available) and rinse my nasal cavity with lightly salted water. Not only is the salty brine a natural antiseptic/anti-bacerial, but the rinsing flushes out the sinuses. It might be psychosomatic but I've not had to use any hayfever remedies for years!

Anyway, as you were, back to saunas & steam rooms 🙄

I’ll look into salt rooms post haste. For years now I’ve had issues with my right nostril, an almost permanent sour scent that just smells awful and I’ve never been able to clear it despite using sprays (I’ve been snorted lemon juice which is not for the faint hearted).

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    I’ll look into salt rooms post haste. For years now I’ve had issues with my right nostril, an almost permanent sour scent that just smells awful and I’ve never been able to clear it despite using sprays (I’ve been snorted lemon juice which is not for the faint hearted).
    Salt Rooms are half pice on Groupon

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/edinburgh-salt-rooms-3

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Mrs Matty’s used the salt rooms and thought they were excellent as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Weird! I have the exact same problem. Started randomly about 2 years ago.

Does the lemon juice work?

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Weird! I have the exact same problem. Started randomly about 2 years ago.

Does the lemon juice work?
    I can confirm it does not. And it stings like a mofo.

What types of smells are you subjected to? At times I get a smell that I can only imagine is what a dead body smells like. Other times it smells like chlorine. Random.

I can confirm it does not. And it stings like a mofo.

What types of smells are you subjected to? At times I get a smell that I can only imagine is what a dead body smells like. Other times it smells like chlorine. Random.
    Il probably give that a miss then!

I get a rage from almost dog **** through to a sort of fishy smell at times. What's weird is I thing scent must get trapped or something as on occasion I can recall a smell from earlier in the day, weird