@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm ok with the mercer song.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    None of that is acceptable ….surely you know that as a “grown man” - You’re OK with those songs ?
    What makes you think I'm ok with these songs when I've not posted anything to suggest that?

Are you confusing me with someone else?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    What makes you think I'm ok with these songs when I've not posted anything to suggest that?

What was the point of your post then ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Horrible song that….

As am I. Despised the FTB. I do think the fairly recent add-ons bringing his wife into it are uncalled for though. Mostly sung by clowns who weren’t even born at the time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    As am I. Despised the FTB. I do think the fairly recent add-ons bringing his wife into it are uncalled for though. Mostly sung by clowns who weren’t even born at the time.
    But that is the song now….that’s the one people sing….pathetic tbh

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The person who uploaded the video to Twitter on Saturday afternoon is a Hibs fan.
    And he has previous for unacceptable behaviour when it comes to Hibs and football. I think he’d be better off at Parkhead as he seems to hate Rangers more than he likes Hibs. I’ve never seen such bitterness and hatred in one so young.

That's the bit that always gets me. They have no genuine concept of that time and what happened.

Dragging his wife into it isn't good patter. Not in any way, shape or form.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Who'd have thunk it eh? Hibernian (aka Irish) fans taking an Ireland national flag to a Hibs game.

I was with a good friend at Hampden in May 2016 v the Rangers and he flew a very large Irish tricolour at the game. He's a big Hibs fan and is born and bred in Dublin. There are many of his countrymen follow Hibs avidly at great expense and 'plastic' they certainly are not.

It can be offensive to make generalisms and not sure what your point has got to do with a handful of morons spouting p1sh in a pub.
    I think you’re also making a generalism here in that every Hibs fan bringing an Irish flag to Easter Road will be Irish, and ignore the fact that the tricolour it has been hijacked by a group of cokeheid, p!shed up pondlife who likely have no concept of the Republic of Ireland and would look blankly if you asked them the significance of 1916 or 1922. I call them out and continue to call them out, no matter what flag they fly.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    That's the bit that always gets me. They have no genuine concept of that time and what happened.

Dragging his wife into it isn't good patter. Not in any way, shape or form.
    This is what gets me - they have very little concept of anything, other than drugs and alcohol. It’s pretty easy to identify those who are responsible for this sort of stuff, if the club really wants to.

Thats how I feel too. Despise the man for what he put us through. Remember the smug, sneering look on his face at his original press conference. I find nothing wrong in reminding them "He's deid and we're no", but, keep his wife and family out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    Thats how I feel too. Despise the man for what he put us through. Remember the smug, sneering look on his face at his original press conference. I find nothing wrong in reminding them "He's deid and we're no", but, keep his wife and family out of it.
    The disconnect between football supporters and normal society is stark.

Compare this sort of behaviour and thought process with that of the crowd in Birmingham cheering on a Scottish athlete to a great victory last night.

Football is getting left behind. I know which crowd I'd rather be part of.

I think everyone was saddened when Walter Smith passed away regardless of your affiliation. A legend of Scottish football and to my knowlege, didn't get caught up in the sectarian nonsense that surrounds that lot. The dafties singing that song in the boozer don't represent the huge majority of Hibs fans. FWIW, i was in Perth for a while before the game and didn't hear it once then, or during the game itself. Unfortunatley if it's filmed on a smartphone and put on social media for "likes" then it's out there for the world to see. This is the world we live in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post

Compare this sort of behaviour and thought process with that of the crowd in Birmingham cheering on a Scottish athlete to a great victory last night.

Good post.
    Have been listening to bile sung at football for more than 50 years. We should not get dragged down to levels of other clubs.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    I think you’re also making a generalism here in that every Hibs fan bringing an Irish flag to Easter Road will be Irish, and ignore the fact that the tricolour it has been hijacked by a group of cokeheid, p!shed up pondlife who likely have no concept of the Republic of Ireland and would look blankly if you asked them the significance of 1916 or 1922. I call them out and continue to call them out, no matter what flag they fly.
    How do you do that? Do you go up to them at the game or in the pub and remonstrate with them , or do you do it from the comfort of your keyboard? Just wondering, because I would like to call them out too.

When I started going to Hibs games on a regular basis (79-80), the songs sung on the East Terracing included...Mocking the Ibrox disaster - mocking the death of Celtc player Johnny Doyle - songs about the IRA.

Mostly these were sung by a handful of teenagers, and much to the disgust of most people nearby.

The only difference now is that this stuff is put on social media for the world to see.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    How do you do that? Do you go up to them at the game or in the pub and remonstrate with them , or do you do it from the comfort of your keyboard? Just wondering, because I would like to call them out too.
    Comfort of my keyboard pal - give it a go too. If you’re a quiet family man like myself who enjoys the odd pint and nothing more, you might find it preferable to trying to remonstrate with a dozen feral cokeheids.

If you sing about a dead person then you are the **** of the earth, it's as simple as that, if you think there are exceptions to that then you are part of the problem.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    If you sing about a dead person then you are the **** of the earth, it's as simple as that, if you think there are exceptions to that then you are part of the problem.
    Spot on, and there’s no ifs and no buts: it’s the behaviour of pondlife.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    Comfort of my keyboard pal - give it a go too. If you’re a quiet family man like myself who enjoys the odd pint and nothing more, you might find it preferable to trying to remonstrate with a dozen feral cokeheids.
    I restrict my intervention to withering looks. I wished we had ways of challenging them, dirty bassas.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post

True to some extent but I've been to handful of rugby games and seen a couple of fights, racist abuse and homophobic abuse.

As someone who went to these games as a football fan with an impression of rugby being very much different to football, I was taken aback by how this is a problem that goes well beyond one sport.

That’ll be that then!!

How about football being tribal for a lot of folk. 90 mins of saying things you wouldn’t normally?

I hear people shouting and swearing at the ref, or Hibs players or our manager all the time. The folk doing the shouting are probably normal decent folk who wouldn’t dream of saying these things at work or wherever.

These songs are designed to cause offence to rivals. Nothing more than that. They’re not a true reflection of what the singers actually think I wouldn’t imagine.

it’s mostly kids acting up. Hardly the end of the world.

People in church do it every week.

@hibs.net private member
    That’ll be that then!!

How about football being tribal for a lot of folk. 90 mins of saying things you wouldn’t normally?

I hear people shouting and swearing at the ref, or Hibs players or our manager all the time. The folk doing the shouting are probably normal decent folk who wouldn’t dream of saying these things at work or wherever.

These songs are designed to cause offence to rivals. Nothing more than that. They’re not a true reflection of what the singers actually think I wouldn’t imagine.

You can see the danger in this mentality though right? Most will draw a line but a lot won't and saying this stuff is OK with surely egg them on.

Also worth noting that the incident in question did not happen in a ground but in a pub that would potentially have been full of ordinary folk wanting a drink on a Saturday. So the 90 minute bigot thing (which is obviously nonsense already) clearly doesn't work in containing this stuff just in ground.

First Team Breakthrough
    It’s not though - they’re high as kites, unpredictable, and acting like a feral mob - interfering and upsetting the daily lives of the public when going out for a quiet drink and tarnishing the reputation of Hibs fans in the process. I think society as a whole is too tolerant of this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    That made me laugh....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Shine on you Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd, Back In Black - AC/DC, Man on the Moon - REM

Stone them. Burn them.

Seriously, Michael Stipe - Burn him, stone him and then throw him in the bin. Then I'll write a song about him!

@hibs.net private member
    Hitler has only got one ball the other..

Eddy Ouwens does it too

You’re entitled to your opinion but what a lot of pish. I take offence at your accusation - but won’t lose sleep over it.