hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Embarrassingly sad and disappointing, probably a reflection of an element of the youth of today. Unfortunately there's an element of this amongst the support of most clubs . Hopefully the media will continue to expose this type of behaviour no mater who the fans support .

2. Log in to remove the advert

No strict liability. Nothing to see here. Is that not what Rangers say?

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Recently a poster mentioned some disgusting chants and behaviour from a bunch of idiots who appear to have attached themselves to our club. It seems it’s now news. Yes I know it’s the sun but other outlets will not be far behind and quite right too. The club has to weed this shower out and ensure they get nowhere near ER or our official away tickets. I kind of suspect these were the same cretins who followed hearts but were banned from Tynecastle.

Sun report headlines “Hang your heads in shame” and goes on to describe a group of about 20 idiots, wearing Hibs colours, in the Foundry Bar in Perth singing disgraceful songs about Andy Goram, Walter Smith and that former rangers kit man, all now deceased. Happened during the screening of the Livi v the The Rangers game prior to the St J game at the weekend.
    Why are people still surprised that "an element" of football fans are yobs?

It's happened for ever and noone wants to do anything about it. I read it on here after a lot of Hibs games - the clubs and the other fans aren't interested - so it won't change.

Is this a social media thing? Where wee fanny's are trying out do each other or something? See it more and more with all teams, mainly at away games TBF. There was a group next to me on Saturday who barely watched one minute of football, absolutely clueless about the players etc and where dressed and acting like they were off to t in the park, nippy as ****. I can accept the organised scraps, I can accept someone being half cut and slavering nonsense but this modern attention seeking stuff does my head in.

Bring back being pish so you have half a stand to move to if the people around you are ********s

Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    Embarrassingly sad and disappointing, probably a reflection of an element of the youth of today. Unfortunately there's an element of this amongst the support of most clubs . Hopefully the media will continue to expose this type of behaviour no mater who the fans support .
    Disgusting behaviour and hope those responsible are named and shamed.

As for your last part do you really think any media outlet ie that rag the Sun or the Daily Ranger are going to print Rangers or Celtic fans singing their sectarian bile?? Eh naw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Disgusting behaviour and hope those responsible are named and shamed.

As for your last part do you really think any media outlet ie that rag the Sun or the Daily Ranger are going to print Rangers or Celtic fans singing their sectarian bile?? Eh naw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aye , the last part was written with a hint of irony

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably the same tits that were calling Jason Cummings a pedophile at Dundee last year

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Are we sure these were Hibs fans? The record and the sun don’t say that and you can bet your bottom dollar they would if they had any proof.

More likely a bunch of Celtic supporters based in Perth getting tanked up. Can’t see hibs fans being in Perth for a 12pm kick off on the tv, when our game wasn’t till 3.
    I was in The Ballroom for about half 12, and it was already full of Hibs fans so there were loads of us up there early. It's a good day out to Perth.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Probably the same tits that were calling Jason Cummings a pedophile at Dundee last year
    That’s exactly who it will be.

****ing morons the lot of them, may their next *****s be hedgehogs.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Whataboutery isn't the answer here. We can only act on what Hibs fans do and there is evidence that self policing among our fanbase works. Certainly songs that were once heard far more frequently fairly recently have been quietly dropped. Thinking back further there are songs that were once terrace classics that never hear the light of day now, maybe in small groups away from the ground but never en masse.

I do understand the frustrations though. Not so much with The Sun. They are gutter press and this kind of thing is easy pickings for them. My issue is with Nil By Mouth raising their head above the parapet, that's purely because it's 'only Hibs' and we are an easy target to make a point and push the NBM agenda. An organisation wholly unfit for purpose that is scared of Rangers as both a fanbase and and entity so attempts to create a narrative of equilibrium where it doesn't exist.

Secondly has talking at rather than to young guys ever worked? 'You are not real Hibs fans' doesn't seem the best way to make the point to them imo. It's daft young lads trying to push boundaries, shock and appear edgy. Most will grow out of it fairly quickly and the ones who don't will end up in real bother soon enough. It's not a new thing, much like moaning about players, social media has just given it a wider audience. How many people of an older vintage would have been filmed singing something broadly similar about Wallace Mercer dying of cancer or about Rudi Skacel had smartphones been more widespread in 2006? Guilty m'lud, certainly with regards the former.

It's not a good look for us as a club and it's something that has to be addressed. I'm genuinely not sure how you go about that. A few bans may be forthcoming if the perpetrators can be identified but that doesn't really sort the long term problem.

Given that specific seats had to be purchased at McDiarmid and posters on here knew where the groups were sat/stood in the stand, it sounds like we already have some information to pass onto our club.

However when a Hibs supporter wishes to discreetly report an incident of unacceptable conduct, we now find that the club directory has been removed from the Hibs FC website and the Club Policies section doesn’t tell us how to report.

At some point in the past I thought we had introduced a confidential reporting method. But if so, I can’t find it.

Anyone know?

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The person who uploaded the video to Twitter on Saturday afternoon is a Hibs fan.
    And he should be hunted out for starters.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Given that specific seats had to be purchased at McDiarmid and posters on here knew where the groups were sat/stood in the stand, it sounds like we already have some information to pass onto our club.

However when a Hibs supporter wishes to discreetly report an incident of unacceptable conduct, we now find that the club directory has been removed from the Hibs FC website and the Club Policies section doesn’t tell us how to report.

At some point in the past I thought we had introduced a confidential reporting method. But if so, I can’t find it.

Anyone know?
    The bit they were in was overflowing into the aisles so I don't think they were in their allocated seats in any case.

Not that the stewards even tried to sort it out when people couldn't get to their actual seats.

There's been a good few at games this past 4-5 years, all coked up and high on Bucky, same little neds you see flying around with balaclavas and on those ebikes doing wheelies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Are we sure these were Hibs fans? The record and the sun don’t say that and you can bet your bottom dollar they would if they had any proof.

More likely a bunch of Celtic supporters based in Perth getting tanked up. Can’t see hibs fans being in Perth for a 12pm kick off on the tv, when our game wasn’t till 3.
    i was in the bar deffo hibs fans

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    There's been a good few at games this past 4-5 years, all coked up and high on Bucky, same little neds you see flying around with balaclavas and on those ebikes doing wheelies.
    How do you know they are the same people if they have balaclavas on?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Need banned by the club absolute clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    Or any other day. Troublesome young (or older) people are not unique to this generation - in fact in general I'd say young people now seem a hell of a lot more thoughtful and open-minded than when I was growing up. However, the ones that do want to cause trouble or offence are now able to make themselves much more visible through smartphones and social media.

Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    i was in the bar deffo hibs fans
    Hibs fans dissing Andy Goram, one of our own?

There will be more people complaining about injured players having a pint than complaining about this.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Nothing like a bit of whataboutery to deflect from unacceptable behaviour
    My thoughts exactly

Singing about dead people is as ****my as you can get, BUT singing about one of our own is inexcusable.

Identify them and get the lifetime bans handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Singing about dead people is as ****my as you can get, BUT singing about one of our own is inexcusable.

Identify them and get the lifetime bans handed out.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    How do you know they are the same people if they have balaclavas on?
    Similar type, if not the same. Coked up full of Bucky neds not giving a **** about anyone else, been a problem for a while.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Hibs fans dissing Andy Goram, one of our own?
    He is not one of our own he burned his bridges when he started his UVF pish. Although the song in question is pretty pish.

Anyone know?
    I've written to the club requesting more information on how we can report incidents of Unnacceptable Behaviour. It won't look good if we don't even have a reporting mechanism. I recall the club discussing a Zero Tolerance approach with fans within LWT nearly a decade ago. Can't keep talking about it whilst a small minority bring our club into disrepute.

I've written to the club requesting more information on how we can report incidents of Unnacceptable Behaviour. It won't look good if we don't even have a reporting mechanism. I recall the club discussing a Zero Tolerance approach with fans within LWT nearly a decade ago. Can't keep talking about it whilst a small minority bring our club into disrepute.
    Unfortunately this has been going on for years, i’ve been in pubs outside many grounds, and if the wrong young crowd are in attendance, the horrendous party songs start.
    Hearts get it too, with the sectarian bile they copy from glasgow.
    Unless you want a sore face, there isn’t much normal fans can do. 👎

Plastic fans who take an irish flag to Tynecastle or Ibrox. Most definitely those singing about Cummings.

Not interested in the football more drugs and buckfast. Stain on our support.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Whataboutery isn't the answer here. We can only act on what Hibs fans do and there is evidence that self policing among our fanbase works. Certainly songs that were once heard far more frequently fairly recently have been quietly dropped. Thinking back further there are songs that were once terrace classics that never hear the light of day now, maybe in small groups away from the ground but never en masse.

I do understand the frustrations though. Not so much with The Sun. They are gutter press and this kind of thing is easy pickings for them. My issue is with Nil By Mouth raising their head above the parapet, that's purely because it's 'only Hibs' and we are an easy target to make a point and push the NBM agenda. An organisation wholly unfit for purpose that is scared of Rangers as both a fanbase and and entity so attempts to create a narrative of equilibrium where it doesn't exist.

Secondly has talking at rather than to young guys ever worked? 'You are not real Hibs fans' doesn't seem the best way to make the point to them imo. It's daft young lads trying to push boundaries, shock and appear edgy. Most will grow out of it fairly quickly and the ones who don't will end up in real bother soon enough. It's not a new thing, much like moaning about players, social media has just given it a wider audience. How many people of an older vintage would have been filmed singing something broadly similar about Wallace Mercer dying of cancer or about Rudi Skacel had smartphones been more widespread in 2006? Guilty m'lud, certainly with regards the former.

It's not a good look for us as a club and it's something that has to be addressed. I'm genuinely not sure how you go about that. A few bans may be forthcoming if the perpetrators can be identified but that doesn't really sort the long term problem.
    It's behaviour like this that will see the women's game attracting more families to their matches, just think back to the atmosphere at the W Eurros, different class, job free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Utterly disgusting and I’m sure Ron Gordon will look to clamp down on this kind of thing .

However whilst not condoning it, I find it just as distasteful that a national newspaper takes 1 video of 20 mindless yobs and uses it to try and tarnish the club. Especially given what goes on with rangers and Celtic fans every weekend and the no doubt thousands of videos that accompany their nonsense.

1 rule for us and 1 rule for them
    We just need to get some footage of them at ER in a couple of weeks and get it ciculating on social media. Would be interesting to see if any "news"papers would run a story on it.